• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Geass 05
Japamese Nunnally just sounds like the average imouto. At least American Nunnally was truer to her character roots rite

All of this ideals in war and endless pontificating over methods if saving the people and the name Zero

It just reminds me of Metal Gear

Articalys

I hope the game comes out in the US before the anime starts airing. Avoiding impressions will probably be difficult otherwise...
I need the game first too, come for the alchemy, stay for the lolis.
Game is set for release in the US on March 11, and it's highly unlikely they're going to rush this as a Winter season show with as little announced about it as there is now, so there shouldn't be any issues. Plus Studio Gokumi is already busy with the next Saki series airing in January.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Britain isn't part of Britannia? They do realise that Britannia is the old name for Britain? She's even on the 50p (up to 2008)!

Wut?

fertygo

Britain isn't part of Britannia? They do realise that Britannia is the old name for Britain? She's even on the 50p (up to 2008)!

Wut?

G0hZvE5.jpg

Wut?

They owned Britain, then Napoleon chased them off. It's some bizarre alternate history. We just need a Geass/Draka crossover.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They owned Britain, then Napoleon chased them off. It's some bizarre alternate history. We just need a Geass/Draka crossover.
This is just awful. They bet those evil Napoleonies then went ahead and ate our puffins and closed down our Marks n Sparks!

Wait wait wait. In Hyouka the cafe that Oreki and Chitanda visit is called Pineapple Salad? Why didn't I notice this before:

Could this be a reference to thee famous pineapple salad from SDF Macross?

If so that's really weird.

Huh. Good catch. Hyouka wins another point in my book.

Code Jeeahss 04
So Suzaku is Harvey Dent and Lelouch is Batman mixed with V.

Where the heck did he get his costume, anyway? ...I guess he could have just forced someone to make it for him

Oh wait.

The list doesn't say dub.

My bad. Switching to superior language next episode.

Oh man you are in for a wild ride with this show.

I thought the dub of Geass was pretty awesome. Though it was mostly due to Johnny Young Bosch voicing Lelouch.

NeonZ

They owned Britain, then Napoleon chased them off. It's some bizarre alternate history..

In the real world, a similar scenario actually happened to the Portuguese royal family, who escaped to Brazil and then kept ruling from here for a while. Although they eventually returned to Portugal after Napoleon fell.

Li Kao

Hey guys, I saw some anime ! Yeah to me ! (very rarely saw anime for many years, hence the introduction). So some impressions to follow. Keep in mind that I'm no connoisseur and that if I say something inflammatory to you it's highly probable I'm not aware of it and I'm totally open to be corrected.

Kill la Kill 1
Meh. Style over substance. The entire thing is an exercise in excessiveness. Ginormous action sequences, heavy sense of humor, but so devoid of any trace of plot or writing that I must admit that the day after I had to force myself to remember I had view it. Fun watching it but didn't leave a trace in me.

Uchouten Kazoku 1
Well, the antithesis of Kill la Kill ? Cerebral experience where all action takes the form of dialogs. Not a lot to remember in this first episode for me I'm afraid. It was cool but definitely lacking something.

Durarara 1
Ah, maybe I'm biased but I always wanted to see the series and it was the only episode that left me with a real will to continue further (not to say I won't continue watching the rest). I really liked the heavy handed metaphor of life is strange, full of weird people and dangerous sometimes. Problem, the metaphor is hurt by the episode overuse of "narrative tunnels", monologues etc... Life is strange, weird, dangerous, and certainly not calm. The episode would have greatly benefited from a more hectic rhythm to go with what it seems it wanted to achieve.

Jex

Hey guys, I saw some anime ! Yeah to me ! (very rarely saw anime for many years, hence the introduction). So some impressions to follow. Keep in mind that I'm no connoisseur and that if I say something inflammatory to you it's highly probable I'm not aware of it and I'm totally open to be corrected.

Could you please stop having opinions that are different to other people's, geeze.

In all seriousness I should probably warn you that Durararararararararararararararara falls apart about half way through, although I must confess that I never really cared for the show.

In all seriousness I should probably warn you that Durararararararararararararararara falls apart about half way through, although I must confess that I never really cared for the show.

It gets even worse? I've only finished the first half and didn't really enjoy it. It was by no means bad, but it was just so... ehh.

Just thinking of Durarara's obnoxious narration and naval gazing makes me cringe. I don't hate the show, but talk about a show afraid to let the visuals speak for themselves. It couldn't just have a shot of someone looking lonely in the city, it needed to have 30 seconds of narration describing how that person was lonely in the most banal, pretentious, and anvilicious way possible.

Jex

Just thinking of Durarara's obnoxious narration and naval gazing makes me cringe. I don't hate the show, but talk about a show afraid to let the visuals speak for themselves. It couldn't just have a shot of someone looking lonely in the city, it needed to have 30 seconds of narration describing how that person was lonely in the most banal, pretentious, and anvilicious way possible.

Light Novel disease.

Oh, so it is a common mistake for light novel adaptations to not fully embrace the format change and keep the wordiness ?

I'd say so. Most screenwriters are going to keep the light-novel writing and not cut down the inner monologues to take advantage of the visual medium. Of course, it doesn't help that most light novels have abysmal writing that blathers on and on. (See also: shounen battle manga.) Having a literary format isn't so bad when the source is well-written, as in Uchouten Kazoku.

I'd say so. Most screenwriters are going to keep the light-novel writing and not cut down the inner monologues to take advantage of the visual medium. Of course, it doesn't help that most light novels have abysmal writing that blathers on and on. (See also: shounen battle manga.) Having a literary format isn't so bad when the source is well-written, as in Uchouten Kazoku.

wish LN adaptions have inner monologues describing female form as perverse as the novels.

well highschool dxd kinda does.

Jex

Oh, so it is a common mistake for light novel adaptations to not fully embrace the format change and keep the wordiness ?

Basically what Hosanna has said. Changing stuff would like, make fans mad and stuff so you can't really be doing that. It's also like, hard work, and stuff. It's a lot easier to dump the book out onto the screen.

sonicmj1

Basically what Hosanna has said. Changing stuff would like, make fans mad and stuff so you can't really be doing that. It's also like, hard work, and stuff. It's a lot easier to dump the book out onto the screen.

Seeing some light novel readers bitch on the internet about all the deep characterization we were apparently missing out on in Fate/Zero because of the stripped internal monologues was absolutely bizarre. Like Kirei's development was some inscrutable puzzle until Episode 17.

Internet Explorer: The Anime -- feat Inori Aizawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTUlF7NA2o

... what are you spending your money on Microsoft? Also lol at linking ANN when they're reporting 2nd hand news the same in the two links above.

Well, that was alright?

"Hey everyone! My name is Inori and you can think of me as a personification of Internet Explorer.

When I was younger, I used to be a clumsy, slow and awkward girl."

Do I download Inori version...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So who is going to tell OT about IE-tan? I mean I don't want to take credit from Vito who found the news first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom