• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

Boke1879

I was able to get it with no error message and stuff is downloading for me and my account wasn't charged at all.

I downloaded it from my Xbox One btw. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Rembrandt

Banned
Unless they wrote a rule into the terms of service that say you can't purchase a game during a price error, then that ban would be bullshit.

How would everyone know it's an "obvious mistake?" Games go on legitimately free promotions on many online services these days.

They would have no right to ban anyone, only to revoke licenses due to an error.

Really? Companies seem to either eat these sales or cancel the orders/revoke the license if they can.

my reply was in reference to them revoking it. not banning people.

Canadian

I downloaded the digital deluxe version. I already have a physical copy but prefer the convenience of digital.

Thanks for sharing!

Toa TAK

Banned
Just got the Deluxe Edition! :D

Was going to buy Mirror's Edge tomorrow, but looks like I'll be saving money (a shitton). Looking forward to jumping into this.

styl3s

What are people doing to avoid getting the credit card screen?
I had like $3 and some change on my MS balance so maybe that's how i got past it? I never, ever store my CC on xbox or PSN i just add PSN/XBOX cards.

You need a credit card to get anything from the store, even free stuff.
No you don't you just need the balance on your account.

I haven't had a CC on file since like 2007.

hollomat

Banned
Thanks OP. Bought. We will see if they revoke license.

As of now though it works. Already had fallout 4 installed since i own the disc. Can play without disc now.

Top Bottom