• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Holy shit...
I mean it's kind of impressive how far they have come but..
That is beyon my mind how they can use such an awful engine for such a long time :D

EDIT:

NVM maybe it's because of the modding scene?
Would make sense won't it?

they are probably just scared to even use a new engine. I mean there very good at modifying it but the engine is just outdated by like 10 years .... its time beth its time..:/

Nzyme32

I think it looks fine from all we've seen so far. Then again, there were people saying MGSV looked ugly, and I also thought it looked fine on all platforms. Ah well, probably due to me being stuck with an old laptop for gaming these past 2 years

EDIT - I stand corrected. Never judge images on your phone, looking at them at full resolution makes the situation a lot more obvious

Holy shit...
I mean it's kind of impressive how far they have come but..
That is beyon my mind how they can use such an awful engine for such a long time :D

EDIT:

NVM maybe it's because of the modding scene?
Would make sense won't it?

The console mods will not be identical to the PC mods available. The mods going through to console are via Bethesda.Net. Not all mods on the PC will go through that, or be available via workshop, nexus etc. The heavy graphics enhancement mods, those with other dependacies and program requirements, total conversion etc probably won't be supported. Still, there should quite a bit of interesting stuff since Bethesda.net will be the most pushed channel.

awful.
think for a second.
ff14 runs at 1080 60 on the same system.is a cross gen mmo.

bethesda deserves far more criticism that they get.
games like infamous, battlefront, the order etc are on a completely different level.

its a real shame when even musou games look and run significantly better than a big time AAA behemoth, no matter what their priorities are , this is excusable.

Hystzen

1h1zJ0h.jpg

this one looks pretty awful too. That table texture and the stand isn't even round.

Ain't that table the exact same table from Fallout 3 and Vegas textures included

Zader

Banned
I really hope the next Elder Scrolls game abandons this embarrassing engine.

Between awful textures, poor LOD and abysmal animations a lot is going to be taken away from the experience.

i dont think so.
and lol 30fps

Well by that I mean an open-world game developed by Bethesda. Fallout 3 and Skyrim were cruddy as hell looking if you ask me, and I didn't expect this game to be any different.

I mean I'm playing through The Witcher 3 right now, and considering the game's scope it does look pretty damn good.

Vashetti

Banned
Still think this was a PS3/360 game that was quietly shifted over to the new consoles when last-gen sales fell off a cliff.

ESO looks better than this.

grimmiq

Damn that looks ugly, though my PC won't be able to do much better and waiting til atleast mid next year to upgrade.

Will still get hundreds of hours out of it, so all good.

thatJohann

I like the art direction but let's face it. It's looking rough. I'm excited about the prospect of an amazing game so I can easily overlook the graphics.

FATALITY

Banned
Well by that I mean an open-world game developed by Bethesda. Fallout 3 and Skyrim were cruddy as hell looking if you ask me, and I didn't expect this game to be any different.

I mean I'm playing through The Witcher 3 right now, and considering the game's scope it does look pretty damn good.

this game should look at least like gta5 on ps4.

danthefan

I like the art direction but let's face it. It's looking rough. I'm excited about the prospect of an amazing game so I can easily overlook the graphics.

Exact same, be nice if it looked better but I really really don't care that it looks how it does, as long as it plays well.

Carn82

I'm on mobile

I'm guessing the E3 footage was PC?

A lot of E3 footage usually is PC, even if people say otherwise. If you're lucky you'll even see a highly optimised (and scripted) vertical slice of a game with graphics that will never end up in the final product ;)

Durante

I think it looks fine from all we've seen so far.
Really? I guess I can see it for some of the shots, but I don't think this is "fine" for a high budget game in 2015:
HVtIOXZ.jpg

No shadows, not even meaningful contact shadows or any form of occlusion. There's basically no lighting at all!

A bit disappointing.

I guarantee the the gamma settings are completely borked in these shots though (gone crazy with the brightness slider perhaps?), making it look MUCH worse.

The dogs shadow is a milky grey for example. I wouldnt use these to judge how it will look on your TV.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Still think this was a PS3/360 game that was quietly shifted over to the new consoles when last-gen sales fell off a cliff.

ESO looks better than this.

I said that when this was first revealed and got chastised (well maybe not that bad) on here by some.

I am with you 100%. That is why the game was so close to being done when it was revealed. They probably did not expect the new consoles to take off so fast, and when they seen the drop off on the last-gen machines, they shifted it over.

The writing seems to be on the wall with the textures, models, lighting, how complete the game was, etc.

They always launched games on the each console that pushed the graphics a bit.

Really? I guess I can see it for some of the shots, but I don't think this is "fine" for a high budget game in 2015:
HVtIOXZ.jpg

No shadows, not even meaningful contact shadows or any form of occlusion. There's basically no lighting at all!

True, that screenshot looks like a Fallout 3 mod with terrible draw distance. :/

Nzyme32

HVtIOXZ.jpg

LOL! Okay, I take it back. I was looking at the images on my phone, now I'm looking at them on my laptop. Point taken.

neoism

wouldnt count on it. Mods are also coming to PS4 btw.

no mods on the consoles won't be anything like on the PC version they will all be pre-approved. more like DLC than anything else, so Texture mods and things like that probably won't be there because it will just make performance worse on the consoles... Hell they will probably try and sell the mods like they did with skyrim earlier this year...

Rixxan

yeah i'm out, think for the most part the screens look fine considering the compression, that one long range shot is bad, but its one shot

its saturday morning not gonna dampen my mood lol

It's like no one in this thread has played a Bethesda game before. My god the vanity.
Wanting a bit more out of game graphically does not seem like the worst thing to me. It seems like something one should expect... especially if you compare it to other games in the genre (The Witcher 3, for example).

Are we sure we're not being trolled by the 7th and 8th pictures? I feel like someone added a couple fallout 3 pictures just to mess with us.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's like no one in this thread has played a Bethesda game before. My god the vanity.

To be fair, Bethesda games usually launch on new machines with a better graphical presentation where most go, "wow, that looks sweet!"... I still think this was originally supposed to be a PS360 game, ported over.

Rektash

Well you can't possibly ask for them to invest some of those hundreds of million $$$ they make per game to be put into some new modern engine, can you? That would be preposterous!

It is pretty ironic as well, considering Morrowind was a jaw dropping experience back when it came out.

Looks like poop. I am actually kind of offended they still refuse invest in new tech for their games, but hey, people still eat it up so I guess they are doing fine.

Also, I think people in here deflecting like crazy. This is a thread about the graphical prowess of Fallout 4 on PS4. If you don't care about the graphics in this game, why post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom