• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics F2P Japanese style SRPG for IOS/Android

kotodama

Whoops, didn't realize anyone was actually using my merc. Beefed up the gear a bit.

Thanks, I use your Raiz all the time. I'd prefer a Lee merc, but it seems you don't have that yet. Raiz is just a warm body on Monday that makes Sione target downward vs upward giving my Lee a chance to hit the boss for all 50 turns. Switching to another merc for whatever reason screws it up, and Sione kills the top minion and then Lee wastes a turn on the bottom one till about turn 25 when minions stop spawning. Friday and Sunday though, it should help on the first 2 turns especially if he can overkill the boss somewhat.

I'm having a hard time keeping the Lee that you're supposed to put behind the boss to stay in his spot according to the Barsark strategy. First turn he moves to his designated location and blasts the boss since he's in the right spot, then in the second turn, inexplicably, he runs as close to the boss as possible and starts attacking from there. I don't understand it. The Lee that's placed in front of him stays in place. It's been happening for three weeks now and I don't know what's going on there.

Weird, Monday is pretty solid for me these days with the exception if I forget to do Fire Support right before or after Sione's turn. Else things go to shit quick.
  • Are you using Bearman, Sione, Lee, Lilid, Lily in that order? I tried Belle instead of Bearman and it changed the logic or something. Some people are saying Deimos can replace Lilid, but I don't know if that'll effect other dynamics.
  • Are Lilid and Lily naked except for weapons? So they die quick
  • Are Lilid and Lily dying after they first get whacked by the Boss? They got to die on the first hit.
  • Fire Support has to be used during the first turn at the latest after Sione, but before Lee. Then Guild Shelling there after (no real point of keeping Bearman alive except for quicker Lord Gauge filling).

Rephin

Weird, Monday is pretty solid for me these days with the exception if I forget to do Fire Support right before or after Sione's turn. Else things go to shit quick.
  • Are you using Bearman, Sione, Lee, Lilid, Lily in that order? I tried Belle instead of Bearman and it changed the logic or something. Some people are saying Deimos can replace Lilid, but I don't know if that'll effect other dynamics.
  • Are Lilid and Lily naked except for weapons? So they die quick
  • Are Lilid and Lily dying after they first get whacked by the Boss? They got to die on the first hit.
  • Fire Support has to be used during the first turn at the latest after Sione, but before Lee. Then Guild Shelling there after (no real point of keeping Bearman alive except for quicker Lord Gauge filling).

It's exactly the way Barsark puts it, same formation and placement and Fire Support after Sione and everything. The difference is, my Lee (yes, he only has 3 movement) moves to the right spot in turn two and decides to get suicidal in turn three. In subsequent attempts at the boss I've decided to just stick my own Lee where the merc Lee goes and he behaves.

kotodama

It's exactly the way Barsark puts it, same formation and placement and Fire Support after Sione and everything.

I have to say your Lee behaves quite well on my runs. I was looking for possible differences and all I can think of is that maybe your MP recovery rate is the issue. I see you've got like 4MP per turn or some such while I got 7MP + 3MP (from Ye Ran High Lord Costume). I guess when I'm using your merc he also gets the +3 from the Costume added. So, that works for Monday because Guild Shelling come around quick enough. If that's the case, then I think perhaps that's why our Lee's commit suicide on Friday Raids because Shelling is not coming around fast enough to restore Skills 2 and 3. Also, I switch to Absolute Protection which I guess may not recovery MP. After rewatching Barsark's Lees on Friday stay alive for the full 50 turns, I'm thinking about trying to get more MP recovery on my accessories by Friday and testing out this theory.

----

Theory seems sound. I was able to keep both Lees alive on Friday's Raid by switching to Combat support when the Lees were running low and made it to turn 50. 8 mil run, thanks Rephin. On a single Lee run, I was able to increase survivability by 7 turns before Lee ran out of Mana and committed suicide.

Mephala

Is there anyone I should aim to get first with the blue genes I got? Is there a way to get more without waiting for the login bonus?

How often does Chenny come around? I have about 60 of his genes and I feel like I've put in so much stamina already but I'm not sure if I should prioritize him or not. I have a lot of potions I've been saving for something useful, not sure if this is one of those moments. :\

Anyone know roughly how many genes are needed to max the skills for the event heroes at the moment? I don't think I'll get there at this rate but would like to know how much I miss by (likely lots).

Fishious

Is there anyone I should aim to get first with the blue genes I got? Is there a way to get more without waiting for the login bonus?

How often does Chenny come around? I have about 60 of his genes and I feel like I've put in so much stamina already but I'm not sure if I should prioritize him or not. I have a lot of potions I've been saving for something useful, not sure if this is one of those moments. :\

Anyone know roughly how many genes are needed to max the skills for the event heroes at the moment? I don't think I'll get there at this rate but would like to know how much I miss by (likely lots).

For blue genes, once you analyze the monthly reward you'll have enough to unlock 1 character. I think most of the blue gene heroes have kind of fallen out of style. Some of them are still pretty good, but they require a lot of patience to skill up since you only get the blue genes once per month. That or use perfect genes. I'd say Rage and Alex are pretty good picks. Rage for his range and damage, Alex for his 3x3 stun. You can technically get more blue genes from the Library in the Sky random item capsule, but it gets pricey, the chance is low, and you only get a few genes so not it's really worth it.

Chenny comes around every 6 weeks I think. There's a rotation of 3 lost island heroes: Muang, Chenny, and Nirvana. They run a lost island every other weekend. This is pretty reliable and it's in addition to whoever is currently available through the current event. If you're able to run Chenny's Island 3 or 4 it's probably worth it to use some potions. Where you're at in the game, she should be really good. She'll be very helpful in helping you obtain other strong heroes. Also eventually you'll be sitting on a whole ton of stamina potions because they sell them in basically every event.

I don't have an exact number for how many genes are needed to max Deimos, Spooky, and Banshee. I think it's well over 3000 counting the amount needed to recruit them in the first place.

kotodama

I'd go with Rage first as he's a great Rock type ranged character, then perhaps Tao for her weakening skill or Alex for his stun. The other way to get blue genes is through random 50,000 gold pulls from the Gold Shop in the Library, but it's of course pretty rare. I've got 2 from it, but then again I rarely use it.

Chenny cycles back in around 6 or 8 weeks. Usually you want to dump your potions on Lost Island Characters to hopefully max them out on one weekend (except being Muang, he sucks), some times it takes more though. Chenny is a better Deb in a lot of ways especially with her third skill that ignores defense. She's great for later story islands and ToD hard. I'd try and unlock her and at the very least max out her 3rd and 4th skills.

Roughly to max a character is something like 2200-2500 genes on average, not sure if that accounts for recruitment. Whelp, nevermind here is a spreadsheet break down of all the character up to Reina.

Mephala

Thanks for the tips. I'll start farming Chenny. I actually have a lot more potions than I originally thought. The issue is less about the potions and more about the fact my team are idiots and don't target Chenny himself but goes for the mobs on the sides so I can't just auto my stamina away.

For Blue Genes I think I'll go Rage for the ranged rock which I currently don't have except Banshee and Alfred neither of which I really leveled beyond 3*. Alex looks pretty cool though but I can't really see him useful for my team at the moment.

Farming Genes seems like such a huge time sink. Especially when they limit you to 3 rounds per day for story bosses. Mu's genes are even worse. Rage's genes is going to take 3 or 4 months worth of blues. Oof. I keep farming characters but then I never use them because getting their skills takes so long. O_O

Speaking of story bosses I got Raboff today and synthed him to 2* then threw him into the dungeons farming Valk's rebirth mats. His movement makes me want to cry. :\

Fishious

Thanks for the tips. I'll start farming Chenny. I actually have a lot more potions than I originally thought. The issue is less about the potions and more about the fact my team are idiots and don't target Chenny himself but goes for the mobs on the sides so I can't just auto my stamina away.

For Blue Genes I think I'll go Rage for the ranged rock which I currently don't have except Banshee and Alfred neither of which I really leveled beyond 3*. Alex looks pretty cool though but I can't really see him useful for my team at the moment.

Farming Genes seems like such a huge time sink. Especially when they limit you to 3 rounds per day for story bosses. Mu's genes are even worse. Rage's genes is going to take 3 or 4 months worth of blues. Oof. I keep farming characters but then I never use them because getting their skills takes so long. O_O

Speaking of story bosses I got Raboff today and synthed him to 3* then threw him into the dungeons farming Valk's rebirth mats. His movement makes me want to cry. :\

Yeah, the limiter for Chenny will probably be time since you basically need to run it manually.

Rage is a pretty good choice. Alex is good for Rock Coocoo dungeon and a couple of other specific things, but Rage is probably a better general purpose character for where you are.

Yes, getting genes is a huge time sink. Even running auto it still takes a while for your dumb AI party to complete the level so it can easily take hours each day even if you're running everything on auto. People have been asking for a higher speed multipler and the devs have acknowledged that doing all the daily stuff is too time consuming so hopefully we'll get a solution soon. Of course the 3 run limit for each difficulty per day is meant to keep people around, grinding longer. It'll be a long time before you max every single character. I've been playing pretty regularly since global launch and I've got 30 characters with all skills maxed. You just have to prioritize whichever ones you think will be most valuable. Be sure to run the highest difficulty mode for those characters every day. Run all difficulties that drop genes on their increased gene drop day.

Raboff is slow. His 2 skill helps now that it boosts movement, but he's generally better on smaller maps. Typically not someone you want on the team when you're trying to SS rank stuff, but great for some of the other difficult dungeons due to his 2 turn 75%(+) disarm.

Mephala

I cashed in half of my stock piled 40 stamina guild rewards and went to town on lost islands today...

TmciKjR.png

I'll focus on Chenny genes next time. I don't want to see that map again for weeks. At least the exp was pretty good for it. Got multiple level ups on the characters I took in there and I could actually finish Chenny 3 with just Valk+Jack. Valk to block the mobs and Jack to kill the Chennies.

Also. Got matched against a 90k power team in pvp. Came close but lost all my characters to their Muzaka crazy aoe guy. Got some lucky Serendi charms to do most of the work to be honest. Decided to try my luck again and... Gillan has an aoe disarm???
W3Cjyzk.gif

Edit. Chenny is a girl? Strike two for me. Wonder who I'll mix genders on based on art next.

Mephala

Just unlocked Chenny myself. Yeah, it's either auto on 2 or manual for the first two turns on 3.

>_>

Man, I manual for 6 turns on 3. If I accidentally spend half of 1st turn on auto I'll need to play catch up and it drags onto a 9+ turn slog where I need to start sacrificing units to keep Valk alive so my Jack can finish. No real motivation to level Chenny at the moment if only because I have no genes for her skills yet. I used a guildies' merc chenny who was great tho.

kotodama

Krut inbound. Get him if you don't have him, as he's OP as hell. I hope they release his package as a crystal buy, but the fact that they're not saying such makes me think otherwise.

Mephala

Is he another Cheney like lost Island or more of a monthly event? I don't know if I'll have the time to grin his genes this weekend.

kotodama

Are characters ever lost forever, or do they always come back eventually?

Yeah historically they come back eventually. Chenny, Nirvana, and Muang come back on a cycle of every 2 weeks or so on the weekend. Krut and Noblesse come back whenever Nexon feels like it. Reina's new so she's only been around once. This is also the first time for Deimos and the Twins, but they should come back in a couple of months.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Boo, they're still asking $70 for that Krut package. That set wouldn't even be much of an upgrade over the chocolate set I'm currently using from the last event.

---

Basic trick for getting extra DB levels done while the 100% drop event is on:
- Enter 4-11 hard, grab the lord potion, exit (repeat if necessarily)
- Send a single low level character into DB, use Hellfire, move toward the enemy and die
- battle ends, HP loss persists
Time consuming, but this can be repeated until they're all dead, or just to weaken them enough for an easy kill.

120 more to go for Lena...

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
Hi guys, if you're using android, you can participate in a beta for Gamevil's 'War of the Crown':
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamevil.warofcrown.android.google.global.normal

It's an SRPG, and similar to FFT, there's elevation in the terrain, which makes this different from FWT.

Graphics look good, I'm about to try it out. The beta ends in a couple of days.

From their official site,
http://global.gamevil.com/event2/woc/pre_cbt/index.html?event_seq=6
here are the rewards for participating in their beta:
http://screencast.com/t/Aoqk8qOkLqN
A 6 star hero and premium currency.

Mephala

Hi guys, if you're using android, you can participate in a beta for Gamevil's 'War of the Crown':
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamevil.warofcrown.android.google.global.normal

It's an SRPG, and similar to FFT, there's elevation in the terrain, which makes this different from FWT.

Graphics look good, I'm about to try it out. The beta ends in a couple of days.

From their official site,
http://global.gamevil.com/event2/woc/pre_cbt/index.html?event_seq=6
here are the rewards for participating in their beta:
http://screencast.com/t/Aoqk8qOkLqN
A 6 star hero and premium currency.

I might give this a go at some point in the future but I can't play two gatcha games at once. It is simply too time consuming. Unless the game was pretty barebones in which case I don't wanna play any way. Thanks for sharing though, looks good!

kotodama

Floor 90

Nexon's favorite Laser Hell returns. Fun /s

Modded Reyson's strategy with Lena, Belle, Jack, Gillan, Krut in that order. Just like Reyson I lost a character early too lol, but surprisingly pulled through in one go.

Mephala

My team is still too shit to get that high. What is the first tower's boss like this time? Is it still that dragon? @_@

kotodama

My team is still too shit to get that high. What is the first tower's boss like this time? Is it still that dragon? @_@

Yup it's always Celestial in Dragon form (Would be nice if they did mix it up.. Celestial in Human form lol). The Hellfire healer spamming trick works better this month as she doesn't aggro if you stay on the bottom and just clean up those mobs. I think 4 or 5 rounds of Hellfire and maybe a love tap from Jack should do it.

Mephala

Yup it's always Celestial in Dragon form (Would be nice if they did mix it up.. Celestial in Human form lol). The Hellfire healer spamming trick works better this month as she doesn't aggro if you stay on the bottom and just clean up those mobs. I think 4 or 5 rounds of Hellfire and maybe a love tap from Jack should do it.

So I just move my units to the bottom and have my celestial hellfire them? Does it hit that far? My Celestial is kinda weak. Guess I have this month to train her up to the task.

kotodama

So I just move my units to the bottom and have my celestial hellfire them? Does it hit that far? My Celestial is kinda weak. Guess I have this month to train her up to the task.

Well Celestial won't work as her healing is kind of done automatically and doesn't charge the Lord Gauge.

The old Hellfire cheapy cheating spam bit is that you have a team made up of Jack, Mu, Serendi, Mas, Gillan with a Jack merc for insurance (in case you accidentally aggro Celestial). You can swap in, of course, any other healer like probably Spooky, Belle, Nirvana or even Shushu as they can charge the Lord Gauge. Anyways, fire off Hellfire to start, and then get Jack and/or your mobs to take out the bottom minions making sure to do so in a way to maximize the Lord Gauge. If Jack gets damaged heal him, you got like 4 healers lol. Once all the minions are dead, have your healers just heal each other or Jack in a corner somewhere on the bottom. Jack just twiddles his thumbs. Each heal charges the Gauge by 1, so like 4 charges a turn. Once the Gauge is full Hellfire and repeat. Takes a bunch of turns, but you have a bunch of turns to spend.

Note, some of the healing like Mu's third or Spooky's skills have to be manually targeted on a party member to work. These days probably I'd swap Spooky in place of Mu, since you can just spam her 1st skill to charge the Gauge. Gillan, Mas, and Serendi just use their second skill.

---

Just ran a go of it to be sure. Used Jack, Gillan, Mas, Serendi, Spooky. Celestial aggros at turn 12 regardless, but you should be able to fire off 4 Hellfires by then. Once Celestial starts coming down get Jack on the immunity potion that materializes and he'll be able to survive two turns, while you build a fifth (or is that sixth?) Hellfire to finish Dragon Celestial off. Gillan and Serendi will burn through MP even with their 2nd skill, but Mas and Spooky can charge the gauge for days.

Mephala

Well Celestial won't work as her healing is kind of done automatically and doesn't charge the Lord Gauge.

The old Hellfire cheapy cheating spam bit is that you have a team made up of Jack, Mu, Serendi, Mas, Gillan with a Jack merc for insurance (in case you accidentally aggro Celestial). You can swap in, of course, any other healer like probably Spooky, Belle, Nirvana or even Shushu as they can charge the Lord Gauge. Anyways, fire off Hellfire to start, and then get Jack and/or your mobs to take out the bottom minions making sure to do so in a way to maximize the Lord Gauge. If Jack gets damaged heal him, you got like 4 healers lol. Once all the minions are dead, have your healers just heal each other or Jack in a corner somewhere on the bottom. Jack just twiddles his thumbs. Each heal charges the Gauge by 1, so like 4 charges a turn. Once the Gauge is full Hellfire and repeat. Takes a bunch of turns, but you have a bunch of turns to spend.

Note, some of the healing like Mu's third or Spooky's skills have to be manually targeted on a party member to work. These days probably I'd swap Spooky in place of Mu, since you can just spam her 1st skill to charge the Gauge. Gillan, Mas, and Serendi just use their second skill.

---

Just ran a go of it to be sure. Used Jack, Gillan, Mas, Serendi, Spooky. Celestial aggros at turn 12 regardless, but you should be able to fire off 4 Hellfires by then. Once Celestial starts coming down get Jack on the immunity potion that materializes and he'll be able to survive two turns, while you build a fifth (or is that sixth?) Hellfire to finish Dragon Celestial off. Gillan and Serendi will burn through MP even with their 2nd skill, but Mas and Spooky can charge the gauge for days.

Thanks for the guide. Is it worth reinvesting my points from Grace to Hellfire?

Man, my team can finally auto Krut Island 4, had to manual it before. The trick that is working for me is to sacrifice my squishies on the sides to tank while my tanks work on Krut as opposed to tanks holding the sides forever and squishies getting murdered by Krut in the centre. I just chugged a stam potion, grabbed a bunch of reward stamina and went to auto with about 200+ points. I really wish I could spend this on Deimos but that 3 runs per day is a killer. I only have about 1000 genes and tomorrow is his last day. :(

kotodama

Thanks for the guide. Is it worth reinvesting my points from Grace to Hellfire?

Man, my team can finally auto Krut Island 4, had to manual it before. The trick that is working for me is to sacrifice my squishies on the sides to tank while my tanks work on Krut as opposed to tanks holding the sides forever and squishies getting murdered by Krut in the centre. I just chugged a stam potion, grabbed a bunch of reward stamina and went to auto with about 200+ points. I really wish I could spend this on Deimos but that 3 runs per day is a killer. I only have about 1000 genes and tomorrow is his last day. :(

Yeah I'd reinvest to get Hellfire 15 just for that level, and just redo it after, once you pass ToD Normal. The cost to rejig masteries is at most 50K of gold, so it doesn't hurt to change it up for special events. Still if you have some spare crystals buying a little bit of Lord Masteries isn't necessarily a bad idea. If you have your expeditions maxed, etc.

I think I mainly auto Krut 4 as well. Manually doing 5 was mind numbing. Regardless, doing 4 is great for power leveling up your teams and lord as well.

Darn I thought we had more time for Deimos. I didn't complete his set yet. Ah well, hopefully they open up his book sooner than later. Still having a break from grinding his level seems kind of nice.

---

Finally got passed ToD Hard. Tried a bunch of tactics from cheesing it with Deimos + Lee, or trying a Sione method, but riffing on ZCerebrate and this Korean bloke was the key after like 30 tries though lol. Felt like the hardest ToD 110 yet or perhaps since the first time I got Yekatеrina. Otherwise the climb up wasn't as bad with the exception of floor 65 Quad Arch Lich, and 90 Lasers Lasers everywhere. Need an all Attack Team, an all Balance Team, and I think an all Rock team for certain levels.

For 110, my team was Lena, Lee, Muzaka, Krut, Yeka at about 135K combat points. Merc was a French Lee (Merci). Ranked 153th whatever that means. Graced in the beginning, and waited till the start of turn 6 to Grace again. Packing Lena, Lee, Muzaka together on top to aggro the boss is important. Also everyone has to get a charge or two on the gauge to keep that infinite Grace on. Got 3 star A grade - Royal Family Assassin set...bleh.

Mephala

I think I mainly auto Krut 4 as well. Manually doing 5 was mind numbing. Regardless, doing 4 is great for power leveling up your teams and lord as well.

Darn I thought we had more time for Deimos. I didn't complete his set yet. Ah well, hopefully they open up his book sooner than later. Still having a break from grinding his level seems kind of nice.

It is kind of intimidating knowing that I'm at autoing (barely) the same level as you given just last week I was scrapping by missions off the back of your mercs. I gave Krut 5 a shot but even with merc I only got a B and I don't think my team can get past that point yet.

I'm using my Lees for Deimos room 10 today. I beat this boss the first time on my 3rd attempt yesterday. It was seriously a lot of effort but I figure since it is his last day I can skip Celes genes for one day to maximise him. The fight is still very rough for me which I kind of enjoy in a twisted kind of way as I need to think and plan. However my annoyance comes from the first 9 floors. I can't auto it without the lord taking hits and I need him at high hp for the boss.

Is there recommended masteries I should take over others?

Story update. I'm at Ashan! I can see Lee on the map!

Raticus79

D'oh, I though Carrot would be useful in slot 4 for Krut since her third skill can reach, but she casts it on the mobs instead of him, lol.

Yup, it's a pretty good map for leveling!

kotodama

It is kind of intimidating knowing that I'm at autoing (barely) the same level as you given just last week I was scrapping by missions off the back of your mercs. I gave Krut 5 a shot but even with merc I only got a B and I don't think my team can get past that point yet.
[...]
Is there recommended masteries I should take over others?

Story update. I'm at Ashan! I can see Lee on the map!

Whoops, meant in the past tense as in the first time Krut came out. I think this is his 2nd time around maybe. If I remember correctly I did 5 back in the day with Bearman/Unknown and Mu/Chris blocking the sides with stun and Muzaka, Raboff, and Jack in the middle. First time used Grace to keep the blocking characters alive. I think I had just got Yeka then so she took Jack's place eventually.

As for Battle Masteries:
  • Hellfire to 15
  • Grace to 15
  • I'd take Attack and Defense over HP, but in Raid you may want to just do all Attack and zero out defense for a day or other days the exact opposite with max defense and HP.
  • Crit Rate over Comradeship, but a little bit of cooperative attack efficiency ain't bad
  • I tend to use Scissors and Rocks, so I put masteries on those and practically none on paper.

As for Support Masteries:
Leadership, Forced March, Skilled Expedition, Energy Savings first and then Equipment Specialist/Research on Potentials and/or Special Equipment. That being said, you may just want to rejig everything to Equipment Specialist, Research on Potentials, and Special Equipment when you're doing any of those things to maximize your luck.

Skilled Expedition is nice because I think on average, if maxed, you get like an extra 10-30 Crystals from Expeditions a day. So it kind of eventually pays for itself. Energy Savings gives you something like 35~ more energy a day, so you can grind out stuff a little quicker in the long run. Both are longer term plays game-wise.

D'oh, I though Carrot would be useful in slot 4 for Krut since her third skill can reach, but she casts it on the mobs instead of him, lol.

Yup, it's a pretty good map for leveling!

Seems like Lost Island in general is decent for leveling. Heard people had max'ed out Reina and were still running her stage just to level weaker characters.

-----

Nice looking update inbound next week. Now if we could get crystal buys for Krut, Seira, and the Noblesse Soul Gears everything would be peashy keen.

Mephala

... I don't even have Lena but I need that ghost bride costume.

I see another cute little squishy looking hero in the weekend islands. I seriously can't be fucked this weekend. NOT EVEN ONCE! I'd like to know if he is any good but maybe tell me on Monday lol.

I also just realised I've been focusing on raising like... 6 heroes and 4 of them are supports (Gillan, Mas, Celes, Spooky) with a Krut, Mu and lagging Deimos and Banshee. All of them are 4 stars now but no gear and not much in skills yet means they are pretty useless.

Do you guys try to gear everyone or just move your sets around? That seems trouble some.

I got 2/3 pathfinder items now after today's capsule pull. That +1 movement is delicious now who do I give it to.

Rephin

Don't worry about Belle's husband in Lost Island this week. He's good in a few choice scenarios but generally not a top tier pick in any metric. He's also a pain in the ass to farm if you're an auto player like I am.

I tend to swap sets around depending on the need, but generally I like having established sets on characters mainly because I'm lazy and forgetful.

kotodama

Personally, I gear everyone because I don't want to move things around too much, Still have to move some items sometimes for particularly difficult ToD levels though. It does seem like some people just move all their gear to whatever their current team is, which I find would get utterly exhausting over time. Others just use extra characters as storage.

As for Pathfinder, apparently it is good for everyone. Though perhaps it'd be best on Krut because with the movement bonus he might be able to immobilize on all turns instead of just the odd number'ed ones.

With all the Support upgrades, you might be ready for the ToD Hard "Support Character Only" Level, if they decide to do that next month.

As for Nirvana, a lot of people do seem to like and use him (A couple ToD 110 level strategies have featured him in the past), but he's never really worked for me. He's like the last support character besides Shushu that I'm leveling. His Lost Island level had to come around like 3 times before I actually could max him out. Also I think I was doing his Level 3 stage because 4 wasn't Auto-able for my teams back then. His wife Belle is generally better even when not skilled up.

I really appreciate the FWT working hard and listening to feedback. The next update looks pretty cool. Still waiting on story Season 2 though.

Edit: Thank fucking God. I was tired of pulling bullshit set items that I didn't want from the Rainbow Capsules. https://www.facebook.com/notes/fant...n-announcement-wording-fixed/1807312696149708

Rumors, say Season 2 in November, but again rumors.

I gave up on Rainbow Capsules when I did 4 pulls and all I got was one Outer Space piece. This change may tempt me to give it another go. Currently though, the Golden Capsule pulls from the Library have been surprisingly decent even with all the junk included. I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to do the weekly 1 to 3 star 10x pulls from there for just extraction and the random set item.

Fishious

As the others have said, Nirvana isn't a high priority. He can be useful, but a lot of other characters can fill a similar niche.

Regarding gear, I have my main team geared properly along with 3 others that I swap out frequently. Then I have 3 other sets of gear that I flip between characters as needed for ToD. That generally serves me pretty well. Everybody else is storage. So I'd suggest trying to gear your main team as best you can, then as you get more equipment build up a few other commonly used characters. I've complained about it in the past, but moving equipment around is one of my pet peeves because it's so time consuming. Most of the time I can't be bothered so I like having my most used heroes geared so I don't have to mess with it, even if swapping my best gear around might make them stronger.

Mephala

Any tips for grinding Lee? I really need to stroll through the area as a group if I want to survive and take out the enemies efficiently. That Kai hurts pretty bad. I got S on Normal because Kai was being mean to Serendi. :\

Did 1 run of Nirvana just to see what the stage is like. He is pretty tanky even on island 1. The fact my heroes couldn't reach him properly made it much worse. Guess this'll go easier once I get Lee and have him up and running.

Raticus79

Currently though, the Golden Capsule pulls from the Library have been surprisingly decent even with all the junk included. I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to do the weekly 1 to 3 star 10x pulls from there for just extraction and the random set item.

Just tried that out and they seem pretty good. Got 2 set items out of the level 1 and 2 ones, then one from the level 3.

kotodama

Any tips for grinding Lee? I really need to stroll through the area as a group if I want to survive and take out the enemies efficiently. That Kai hurts pretty bad. I got S on Normal because Kai was being mean to Serendi. :\

Did 1 run of Nirvana just to see what the stage is like. He is pretty tanky even on island 1. The fact my heroes couldn't reach him properly made it much worse. Guess this'll go easier once I get Lee and have him up and running.

It's been a while since I've done Lee's stages, but I'd say Grace in the beginning and build up and save Grace until you're just about to swarm Lee and Grace again. Swapping out the first Grace with Hellfire works if you can take out the minions quick enough. Also splitting teams and having them rejoin when it's time to take out Lee is probably the way to go. Saving a Jack, Krut, or Muzaka merc to either just bait Lee or to swap out a damaged character was always nice for the initial SS get.

If I remember correctly I used some variation on these teams

Hard: Mu, Serendi, Gillan, Jack, Muzaka
Chaos: Serendi, Chenny, Jack, Muzaka, Elektra

Muzaka can be easily swapped out for Krut. Chenny eventually got swapped out for Lee. These days, I'm thinking Banshee or Deimos may work as a Chenny sub. Eventually this setup proved auto-able (with initial Grace) at least in Chaos. I think on hard I had to move Jack and Muzaka out of the beginning swamp area and then could auto it from there. Good item potentials really helped. On Hard, Raizel and Lance are good too because like Mu, Serendi, and Gillan are swamp walkable. Lance also gets the extra movements from hanging with his Swamp buddies.

For Nirvana's stages, I remember Persona being the MVP, since he'd just teleport Nirvana to your side of the map, and then you can unload on him and his minions. I wish he really was as tanky as his Lost Island self makes him out to be though.

Nice pulls Raticus79, I'm going to try and save 4 million for this coming week and give it another run myself.

Mephala

Thanks. I don't have Muzaka. :(
My Mu and Gillan are still 4 star >.<

Other than spending crystals farming coocoos is there an easier way to level up heroes? I feel like the progress is really slow at 4*. Even hammering them with expeditions is taking a while. I've been trying to 100% some of my islands to push the exp up but it doesn't seem to be making too much of a difference so far.

kotodama

Got to get your Krut up to speed. Maybe we'll see Noblesse again next month. Though it would have fit well with Halloween since it seems all Vampires and Werewolves and such or seems to be.

As for leveling up, resetting Coocoos in the stage 8 to 10 range is probably the fastest all in all. Otherwise just grinding out levels on Hero EXP Event days especially Boss Dungeons provides the best EXP. Again Lost Island is always good for that on the higher levels as well. Expeditions aren't very good, but they're decent for that little push in EXP. Really Expeditions are for those ancient coins, random crystals, gemstones, little extra gold and stuff.

---
Banshee & Spooky Riddle Event

150 Free Crystals. Answer is apparently 27

Raticus79

More free crystals is nice. I'm stockpiling them for the zombie event in case the new zombie has a 2500 crystal package again.

Raticus79

All right, unlocked Belle and Lena back to back. Had enough perfect genes to max out Lena's third skill and got the wings to go with it. Just in time for that Halloween costume if that starts tomorrow.

Mephala

I kind of want Lena but damn is DB tough.

My cousin who has played less than me taught me how to grind BoH. Go in and quit your 7 swords for losses to maximise participation early in the weak. This also sets you up for lower ranked matches allowing for some quick 7 wins giving you the bonus 2 swords as well as the +3 stars per win vs the +1 per loss. You try to make up some of the loss in rank towards the weeks end.

Of course, I'm lazy and still spending time grinding out other stuff so I haven't really dug into this yet.

Today was a great day for me. Recruited Cleo & Lily while also doing gene runs for Serendi Raboff and Gillan. I also discovered I can finally survive (with Grace) Library 30 without a merc. I'll probably still use a Lee Merc to get it done and just quit out because that shit just isn't enjoyable. I also hit A+ for the first time in Guild Raid.

I think I'm about 100-200 genes off finishing Krut skills. So close.

I kind of want to keep training Deimos but I don't have any more genes for him and I don't think I should give him perfect ones since his island wasn't difficult to farm compared to say, Lena genes or the incredibly slow Ancient Coin/Valk genes which are capped at 20 per day. Thoughts?

Raticus79

I kind of want to keep training Deimos but I don't have any more genes for him and I don't think I should give him perfect ones since his island wasn't difficult to farm compared to say, Lena genes or the incredibly slow Ancient Coin/Valk genes which are capped at 20 per day. Thoughts?

Save them for Lena. It would have taken me another year just to max her third skill without them. It's more like 3 months for the others.

Rephin

Lena is love, Lena is life. Peeps be hatin' on mai zombi waifu. Don't be a hater. Support your toolbox characters.

Mephala

I don't hate Lena, I hate Dimension Breakthrough. If I can only farm 1 thing out of this pumpkin event it'll be the Lena costume (don't have Lena yet). That twitching animation sold me. :D

Edit.
I have maxed my Krut's skills at last! Onwards to Chenny!

Raticus79

Checking in on the FWT subreddit...

Get 10 x 1 star rainbow capsules by filling this out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...yFCOMewh4Svqmzph1z5pu39SmetJE61g/formResponse
(just a few easy questions about the rainbow capsules, you don't have to add any comments)
Open until the 18th, to be delivered on the 20th.

This sounds promising too - changed to closer hero positioning for easier auto Chenny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWar...a_chennys_lost_island_is_now_easily_soloable/
Nirvana 3 is easier too. The new 4 is still hard.

Got my SS clear on Chenny 4 with a merc and now I can auto it with 2 characters leeching. Not bad at all.
With Belle in the last slot, she just stands on the buff tile and the rest go do damage.

kotodama

Checking in on the FWT subreddit...

Get 10 x 1 star rainbow capsules by filling this out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...yFCOMewh4Svqmzph1z5pu39SmetJE61g/formResponse
(just a few easy questions about the rainbow capsules, you don't have to add any comments)
Open until the 18th, to be delivered on the 20th.

Done, thanks for the link.

I don't hate Lena, I hate Dimension Breakthrough. If I can only farm 1 thing out of this pumpkin event it'll be the Lena costume (don't have Lena yet). That twitching animation sold me. :D

Edit.
I have maxed my Krut's skills at last! Onwards to Chenny!

For Perfect Gene's Lena is probably top priority since she's definitely useful for ToD Hard. Afterwards it'd be Yeka, Belle and Nox. I remember dumping some Perfect Genes on Lee though to get pass ToD Hard the first time. So it really depends on the situation. This month I tried to P-Gene Sione, but that was kind of a waste.

DB is a pain, I can auto to the sixth stage with my B-team, then I have to manual the rest. Raticus79 Hellfire spam method was what I used back in the day for the upper levels. Keeping in mind that you have to make sure to manually kill any healers in the first or second slot.

Deimos will come again soon enough. Personally, I'm liking the break from his stage at the moment though.

Chenny's fourth stage really does give a good deal of genes, if you can SS it I think it'll give something like 30 to 120 genes a run.

As an aside, can you get Lena's costume even if you don't have Lena unlocked yet? I hope so.

Top Bottom