• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics F2P Japanese style SRPG for IOS/Android

kotodama

It's cool that the soul gear packages are crystal based, but darn I'm still working on Noel and Rachel's regular set package. I'm going to have to pass, not like I'd have the crystals to begin with, but especially because of that upcoming Maple Story colab down the road.

I wonder how the Sione rebalance will effect Guild Raids any. I use her on Sunday and Monday Raids myself, I wonder if that'll screw up the formations.

ToD Hell Mode.. more stuff cool, but I was fine with Hard mode lol. Here, I wonder if because there will be a Hell Mode now, that ToD Hard will actually get easier as they focus their efforts on making ToD Hell...hard. I've felt like the first part of ToD got easier once Hard was added. Also if there is going to be a Hell, I wonder when we'll see a Chaos mode lol.

Mephala

I miss the 40 energy guild bonuses already. We had a good run of flawless 40s for a while.
Totally forgot tod resets today. I just completed 80. Up to 84 should have been a problem it's mostly every 5 level with gimmick or bosses that are much trickier for me.

Now that my team has mostly reds, pinks and are mid to high 5* what is the general path to becoming stronger? Rng for sets? I've been modifying for some. % ups on gear but even that seems to be slow upgrades.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hmm, the 1000 crystal rebate for getting all 4 costumes applies on the 15th... should be able to get the last pack for Ragna and then pick up Rachel's soul gear.

kotodama

250 MP burn on Rachel's 3? Dang.

That hitbox, that burn, probably the best Soul Gear out of the lot.

I miss the 40 energy guild bonuses already. We had a good run of flawless 40s for a while.
Totally forgot tod resets today. I just completed 80. Up to 84 should have been a problem it's mostly every 5 level with gimmick or bosses that are much trickier for me.

Now that my team has mostly reds, pinks and are mid to high 5* what is the general path to becoming stronger? Rng for sets? I've been modifying for some. % ups on gear but even that seems to be slow upgrades.

Cool maybe you'll be able to beat ToD Hard this month. You've got time to upgrade on your side for the appropriate characters depending on the stages. Plus you've got Lena now on the fast track I reckon. That being said, I guess that would be how one gets stronger in a sense, by having a wide enough variety of characters with different utilities. Other ways would be:

5 Star Level 70 (keeping Lily and Lilid at 4 isn't a bad idea though)
Max character Skills (some exceptions, like Mu's second for example)
Orange/Pink Percentage Potentials
Transcend Gear to Max +12/+13
Soul Gears
Sets

Basically, End Game stuff.

Mephala

Cool maybe you'll be able to beat ToD Hard this month. You've got time to upgrade on your side for the appropriate characters depending on the stages. Plus you've got Lena now on the fast track I reckon. That being said, I guess that would be how one gets stronger in a sense, by having a wide enough variety of characters with different utilities. Other ways would be:

5 Star Level 70 (keeping Lily and Lilid at 4 isn't a bad idea though)
Max character Skills (some exceptions, like Mu's second for example)
Orange/Pink Percentage Potentials
Transcend Gear to Max +12/+13
Soul Gears
Sets

Basically, End Game stuff.

I have a pretty good feeling for beating ToD hard this month. Last month I spent quite a bit on powering up some alternative heroes to my A team. While not as strong they do have their uses. Deimos being one that I hit heaviest since he needed to pull, tank, taunt and reposition. Shame I can't farm any more genes for him.

Lena is on fast track and I've maxed her third skill. I'll need to gear her but first I want her to hit 5*. I have a bad habit of stopping at 5* for a lot of heroes, the grind to 70 is... Tougher. I'm still struggling with coocoo dungeons. Hopefully once I get a few more heroes up to 5* things will work out better.

I've been debating the worth of these BB champions with my cousin. Ragna for instance, doesn't exactly seem great. Noel feels like another Rage which isn't bad but nothing too unique. Rachel seems pretty good but paper areas have a lot of options covering her spot. Jin2 I haven't really touched much. But ultimately I feel these event heroes are much easier to grind for and probably easier to max out if you put in the effort (genes wise). Especially when Valk is limited to 20 per day. Same with the Ancient Coin heroes. Blue Genes is even worse. World Conquest late heroes are also a huge grind without the daily gene bonus. I haven't even maxed out some of my early heroes yet like Jenny. :(

kotodama

I've been debating the worth of these BB champions with my cousin...

I think your analysis is pretty much on point. They're not OP, but for newer players who don't have a high powered Rage or Jenny/Klein then Noel and Rachel can kind of fit that bill respectively. Well, if they can max them out in the event period. I think the Soul Gears have at least made Rachel very interesting. I think Jin Kisaragi's Soul Gear is interesting, but I'm not liking him after the little bit of Calamity Trigger I played lol.

--

Got pass ToD Normal with Team BlazeBlue + Yeka. Climbing up ToD Hard now

so far:

Floor 65 -
Push/Pull - I used: Anybody, Persona, Lilid, Lily, Deimos. Should be able to do it in one turn with this combo.

Floor 70 -
Laser Hell! Lena and Jack MVP
Floor 72 -
Rock Only Team

Floor 75 -
Ambush Dragons

Floor 82 -
Balance-Type Only Team

Floor 85 - PSA: Description of Boss passive is actually the reverse.

Floor 93 -
Scissor Only Team

Floor 106 -
Support Only Team

Floor 110 -
Started with this method (req. Yeka) , but left Celestial in the pocket and after I Hellfired or maimed all the slimes proceeded to surround and attack Celestial except Krut. Team was Persona, Rage, Raizel, Krut, and Yeka. Had to rejig my Lord Masteries, and actually used High Morale to boost attack strength. I had to sacrifice Krut on Turn 17 to make it on the last turn.

Mein Gott...
Self Destruct
everywhere.

--

Deimos Monday Guild Raid Strat. I've got to give this a go next week. Found this post on Reddit. I'll be playing with these strats next week. If they work, I can just max out Lily as I won't need him...her + beard? Oh Barsark is supposedly going to redo all his Guild Raid videos. Here is Monday's again with a ton of commentary.

--

Maple Story Character Preview.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I got the soul gear for Rachel and with a well-timed achievement reward I should have enough for a second set just in time. Noel, maybe?

The scaling on the MP burn is pretty good, already up to 100 and only halfway there. Time to pay a bit more attention to raid night strategies to rack up more soul gems.

The wings are actually a veil (sort of). The entire umbrella pulses red, which is a bit much, lol. Might turn that one off.

Mephala

If I had enough for two I might go JinK. Noel's lets her hit harder which is wonderful but I think JinK has odd uses with his healing block. I kind of want to train him just to get rid of those annoying self healing Muzakas in BoH. Of course I'm not actually sure if it is any good I'm just theory crafting here. Noel is a pretty solid choice.

Edit. Maple Story character preview.... Is Evan's dragon teabagging?

kotodama

Maple Story Colab Patch Notes

ToD Hell doesn't look bad so far. Thank god it's not another 55 floors. Yaay for being able to use Ancient Coins for something. Spooky should be moved to an Ancient Coin gene purchase. 5000 Crystals for two packages, not bad. Still, I'd bet we'll see some Soul Gear packages midway through if history is any indicator.

So far, the newer Guild Raid Strats at least for Lee Days seem better, but I'm thinking the old Strats for the other days may be better for me at the moment. Definitely need to get a Tankier Belle and Muzaka.

Mephala

I've been stuck at ToD70 for a long time now. Over a week. I've tried a lot of strats including killing the lasers but I can't seem to do enough damage while keeping everyone alive. I thought all I needed was to kill the bosses but apparently not for this stage. To make it worse there is a gap in the final area that doesn't fill even on the last turn meaning you can't reach it with 1 or even 2 ranged melee units such as Krut.

Fishious

I've been stuck at ToD70 for a long time now. Over a week. I've tried a lot of strats including killing the lasers but I can't seem to do enough damage while keeping everyone alive. I thought all I needed was to kill the bosses but apparently not for this stage. To make it worse there is a gap in the final area that doesn't fill even on the last turn meaning you can't reach it with 1 or even 2 ranged melee units such as Krut.

To kill the lasers I had to use Jack, Lena, and a merc Lena. It took 5 hits total from their 3rd skills. So if you swap into the merc first turn you can have 3 of them dead on turn 2 which is all you really need. You really want ranged characters for this stage. I used Celestial, Jack, Lena, Lee, and Krut. You could probably swap Krut for another 4+ range character and it'd be more useful. I had the melees take out the enemies along the top path and the ranged snipe the enemies on the bottom path. I didn't even bother sending anyone along the bottom so the lasers there weren't a problem. Celestial is really the MVP here since she can outrange most of the enemies, damage an entire row, and keep the party healed.

Mephala

Hmm, interesting. My Celes is pretty strong for my team but on this stage feels a bit like a wet noodle. My Lee is still on the rise and Rage vs these paper bosses is not great either. I'll give a few more tries and maybe swap some equipment around.

Edit. I DID IT!

So I couldn't quite kill the enemies on the bottom left of the map and decided to give it one more crack today with a new strategy. I used Deimos to dive in at the bottom, then I turned it into a Krut merc for slaughter. Worked really well. After that it was just a slow push to the finish with Lena, Valk, Jack and Celes. :D

Fellowgaf mates, i've been away this week and will be away again for a good part of next week, so i'll be unable to play :(
Don't kick me :x

Fishious

Fellowgaf mates, i've been away this week and will be away again for a good part of next week, so i'll be unable to play :(
Don't kick me :x

Kick commencing in 3...2...1...

Jokes aside I don't kick anyone unless they've been inactive for a couple of weeks, and even then I usually give Gaffers more time unless they actually tell me they won't be back. But thanks for the heads up.

I'm hoping we hear more news about updates soon since the Maple Story event is winding down. It's been too quiet in here lately.

Kick commencing in 3...2...1...

Jokes aside I don't kick anyone unless they've been inactive for a couple of weeks, and even then I usually give Gaffers more time unless they actually tell me they won't be back. But thanks for the heads up.

I'm hoping we hear more news about updates soon since the Maple Story event is winding down. It's been too quiet in here lately.

I've been reading a lot of "imagined" charas from fate//stay night.. is it some idle fandom movement, or was there an actual leak?

@Rephin: on gaf the thin line between being outspoken and ban-worthy is a thing thread that I have yet to understand :/ that's why i usually steer clear of political//racial topics on ot.. I've been banned there two times already...

kotodama

I've been reading a lot of "imagined" charas from fate//stay night.. is it some idle fandom movement, or was there an actual leak?

@Rephin: on gaf the thin line between being outspoken and ban-worthy is a thing thread that I have yet to understand :/ that's why i usually steer clear of political//racial topics on ot.. I've been banned there two times already...

I think it's just some fandom personally, but who knows who they have collaborations coming up with.

I always wondered about why some people get banned and for how long

--

New Patch Notes up.

New Krut Costume is interesting.

Deimos dungeon is back.

QoL stuff and Kai and Chris buffs inbound.

I hope the Krut package is a crystal buy this time, but that looks doubtful.

after the ban deimos is still strong enough to warrant farming is genes, but it's not the STRONG unit it was in the past..

as for krut package, it's gonna be $$$ for sure :|

Mephala

Can't believe how quickly they are repeatedly throwing Krut and Deimos at us. Deimos is up, again! I know Deimos took some pretty heavy hits in nerfs. He went from OP to good in many people's eyes but at mid to semi-late game these two are still exceptional heroes let alone if you're starting recently.
Deimos's library is a shit grind though. I hate that stage and find it somewhat difficult to auto reliably because the AI doesn't take note of how to actually kill bosses effectively.

Deimos' group pull and reposition skills are still great, particularly in some of the pesky tower stages or even some of the more annoying Lost Islands.

The constant stream of event heroes is getting a bit much for me. I enjoy the game for sure and I like seeing new heroes and maps to grind them but the fact the event goes for an entire month is complete over kill.

I reckon a better method would have been to give us some cool down time to grind some of the other junk like world conquest, gems, etc. A 2 week event to boost these generic stuff and then drop the new heroes on us. I can't keep up with the upgrade of these heroes so they are just recruited, skilled and then left at 3* or even 1* sometimes. You could argue that I can just sit the even out but the way they do events is so random. I don't want to lazy this event only to find out I want to use this hero later but it takes forever for the event to come back.

Also... Pink Bean Lord is best Lord.

I need to stop buying new soul gears and focus on pushing my core team up again. I don't even know who my core team is any more. I think Rachel is definitely in there now, Jenny is still ridiculous strong if I give her some gears. Celes is broken. My valk just fits the gear I have RNGed too well to pass. I'm really paper heavy for 5*. My rock and scissors tend to be a bit more of a gamble. They usually hit hard but have otehr weaknesses such as turd movement or just being squishy. Or MP problems. So much MP problems.

Fishious

Yeah, the events have been wearing me down. On the one hand, they last longer than they probably need to, but it's not actually enough time to actually level and upgrade the heroes unless you really go at it. Like you I've got a horde of event characters that are sitting unused. Hell I've just been taking Reddit's word on whether they're good or not since I haven't actually had a reason to use them. Honestly they need to vary the content more. The monthly events have been utterly predictable for a while now so they need to come up with something new.

At this point I'm just trying to hold out for season 2. It looks like it'll bring some much needed quality of life changes plus of course new levels and story.

Mephala

Are we going to update the thread for Season 2? Should I post some nostalgia and reflections on S1? Is there any interest?

Fishious

Are we going to update the thread for Season 2? Should I post some nostalgia and reflections on S1? Is there any interest?

Dunno. Considering the OP creator hasn't been around for quite a while, the existing OP is already kind of anemic, and so many systems seem to be changing that if we plan to do anything we may want to make a new thread.

If you want to write up about your nostalgia for S1 you're more than welcome, at the very least I'd get a kick out of it.

If you or anyone else still reading wants to take on the task of writing up the new OP you're welcome to do so. However since we probably want this ready to go when season 2 drops if I don't hear anything soon I'll start putting something together. I feel like if we're going to do this we might as well go all in since presumably those of us still here are keeping up to date ourselves so the only reason to go to all this effort is to draw in new blood and let lapsed players know about the changes (which there are a lot of).

Fishious

And maintenance has begun.

I guess I'll go ahead and start drafting up a new thread. The notice said maintenance until 4:00 AM and since this is a major update I'll just assume it's going to get pushed back even further. So I'll post up the new thread sometime tomorrow after it's live again.

kotodama

And maintenance has begun.

I guess I'll go ahead and start drafting up a new thread. The notice said maintenance until 4:00 AM and since this is a major update I'll just assume it's going to get pushed back even further. So I'll post up the new thread sometime tomorrow after it's live again.

Cool can't wait.

Going back to the OP, a lot has changed in this game, some for the better some for the worst. Got into this game originally because it seemed like everything could be gotten as a f2p player and mobile Disgaea/FFT with a decent story, why not? Then Seira came about and they paywalled some character sets (i.e. Krut's third). Last couple of releases, thankfully, had crystal options, but they never really did walk those pay stuff back. They did get a lot more generous with the crystals, gold and loot through ToD, Library, BoH, etc. Also events, events everywhere each with it's own currency lol. Auto everything too.

Will be interesting to see where the story goes now, but it seems like from what has been revealed that it'll be a deviation from the Hella plotline. Also it'll be interesting to not auto the game for a bit and be finally out of the end-game.

See you all on the other side.

Top Bottom