• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 (PS4) God Rays Removed in Latest Patch (Why Ubi??)

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm resisting temptation to bring up a whole bunch of properly ridiculous posts from earlier in the thread.

Spirit of Christmas and all. :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone else notice the image quality seems a bit better after the patch? Just last night I remember being a little annoyed at the softness and was in an area where the ghosting was pretty obvious. Today I ran through that same area and there's much less ghosting and things are looking a bit sharper, I'm noticing some extra detail on character models I didn't see before. The only difference is time of day but I don't think it would have as much of an impact as this. It could just be me but I swear the game is looking cleaner than it did last night.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
OK I'm making a purchasing decision.... PC or PS4 GAF?

My PC should be able to run it at High/Ultra but I've heard the frame rate is a bit jumpy on PC (I would prefer stable 30fps over a highly unstable 60fps TBH).

My specs are: i7 3770k / 7970 Ghz 3GB / 16GB RAM / HDD or SSD if need be (not much space on my SSD though after DA:I install)

I also like playing with a controller as much if not more than KB+M, so that's not an issue since I understand the game can use DS4 or X360 (which I have both of).

Thanks FarCryGAF in advance!

EBE

are they gone on xbox one as well? got the game for christmas, played about 12 hours straight today and didnt see any

OK I'm making a purchasing decision.... PC or PS4 GAF?

My PC should be able to run it at High/Ultra but I've heard the frame rate is a bit jumpy on PC (I would prefer stable 30fps over a highly unstable 60fps TBH).

My specs are: i7 3770k / 7970 Ghz 3GB / 16GB RAM / HDD or SSD if need be (not much space on my SSD though after DA:I install)

I also like playing with a controller as much if not more than KB+M, so that's not an issue since I understand the game can use DS4 or X360 (which I have both of).

Thanks FarCryGAF in advance!

On the pc version there is some stuttering when you are driving but otherwise its a fairly smooth experience.

psychotron

Saw them back in the game today. Perhaps I wasn't getting the angle right, as they seemed dialed back a bit, but definitely there. Thanks for fixing Ubisoft!

Top Bottom