• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 (PS4) God Rays Removed in Latest Patch (Why Ubi??)

freefornow

they patch something out and gave no reason why i feel a tad cheated

Fair enough. But what they patched out doesn't effect the core of the game.

Would love to know their reasons. Maybe some aspect of performance (not related to raw grunt) is the reason.

Raonak

Banned
Patches that stealthily remove features is a pretty big deal imo. I'm hoping it's accidental.

I like the game it looks good, but the knowedge that the game looks better pre-patch is really mindboggling.

Are you telling me the conspiracy that a completely unrelated graphical feature from the PC version did not somehow force ubisoft to remove this in a post-launch update?

You guys are so gullible.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you telling me the conspiracy that a completely unrelated graphical feature from the PC version did not somehow force ubisoft to remove this in a post-launch update?

You guys are so gullible.

Especially since the patch released yesterday on PC broke both the PS4 godray option and the Nvidia godray option so that neither effect turned on has any godray effect visible.

The parity conspiracy looks really laughable now.

fix it quick ubisoft..need to buy on ps4..but not if its broken.

A minor visual glitch really shouldn't deter you from wanting to actually play Far Cry 4.
I think when your balls deep in a huge fire fight and having fun, you'll be able to set aside the missing god rays.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm glad its a bug, i bought this last week, played a little before the update installed..turned the game off and came back to find the god rays poking through the trees completely absent :/ Its really dumb

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope the patch comes this week. Been playing a lot lately but since I'm OCD about playing with all patches installed, particularly for a Ubi game, I haven't seen the godrays.

Hugstable

Banned
Especially since the patch released yesterday on PC broke both the PS4 godray option and the Nvidia godray option so that neither effect turned on has any godray effect visible.

The parity conspiracy looks really laughable now.

It was always extremly sad and laughable.

The game is amazing also, and runs great on PS4, don't skip out on the game if you're interested in it just because of one single lighting effect

fixuis

Your move ubisoft. Fix it already so I can buy. Maybe take a page out of rockstars book. They just fixed the trees not moving in the gta 5 ps4/xb1 version. Gonna get it on ps4 ASAP :)

SJRB

Gold Member
Your move ubisoft. Fix it already so I can buy. Maybe take a page out of rockstars book. They just fixed the trees not moving in the gta 5 ps4/xb1 version. Gonna get it on ps4 ASAP :)

..you're not buying one of the most critically acclaimed titles of the year because of this triviality?

fixuis

You're not buying a game because of a bug that doesn't subtract from the experience at all?

It's a visual feature that is definitely noticeable. too me that does subtract from the experience. Downgrade a game after release? And that too stealthily and call it a bug ? Then remove same feature from other versions to offer parity? Real classy!

psychotron

A community manager on the Ubisoft forums posted this when someone claimed the God Rays feature may not have been working right from the start.....

It was! Unfortunately, with one of our latest updates, the God Rays were not working properly but we're working on adding them back into the game.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Wow, I missed all this when it started. I'm curious, what did the patch actually do? Ubisoft seems to have some issues with QA. I just can't imagine letting a patch get released that removes graphical features unless I'm despertely trying to fix some major game breaking issues. They need to make some changes somewhere. I'm glad in this case nothing core to the experience was broken and it runs well in general, but embarrassing technical problems seem to have become a consistent theme with this company.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Dear Gents

Made a digital purchase of said game at good price the other day.

Having learned of this issue prior to the purchase, I tenaciously STOPPED the 600mb patch from downloading, leaving only the full game downloading in rest mode.

By next morning, my wishes were squashed as a bug. No longer could I enjoy kyrat with god rays, I thought. Said 600mb patch was downloaded and installed despite my efforts. Blimey. Well, that's religion for you.

But god rays were present on the dinner room were you start the game! glory!
...or so I thought.
After leaving the pretty house having not eated the lobster and watched some disabled person being offered EMS clearly for some disability, the god rays were no more. Kyrat jungle is deprived from god, both from the rays, as from compassion, having to kill innocent animals for a bigger purse, with great remorse.

Now I just dismember everything across my path, always thinking about god. God rays.

Salute

Top Bottom