• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

Javier23

Banned
Calling downgrades on live action teasers. Wow.
Who the hell actually compares live action and CGI trailers with ingame footage and yells "downgrade"?
axJmn.gif

One million people for an entire state? That seems insanely low

Yeah, its crazy, most of the Midwest is like that, tons of wide open space. One of my good friends is from Utah, he had to drive 35 miles to Salt Lake city just to go to Chipotle back when he was living at home.

I'd love to retire to Montana, there's just something so appealing about all that nature.

It's accurate, I've driven through Montana several times....at certain times you feel like you're on a deserted planet.

You think that's weird, Wyoming has just a little over 500k...
I grew up in the Bronx and have lived throughout New York all my life so that few people for an entire state is just mindboggling. I got no frame of reference for that

I've been hiking and you can go hours without seeing other people, and driving through the South has long stretches of sparsely populated areas, but an entire stare stretched thin is crazy

Swiggins

Yeah, most of the Midwest is like that, tons of wide open space. One of my good friends is from Utah, he had to drive 35 miles to Salt Lake city just to go to Chipotle back when he was living at home.

If love to retire to Montana, there's just something so appealing about all that nature.

A good friend of the family looked into that awhile back and discovered that relatively speaking it's kinda expensive to live in Montana, you pay for that nature.

I grew up in the Bronx and have lived throughout New York all my life so that few people for an entire state is just mindboggling. I got no frame of reference for that

San Diego native my entire life, so I get the feeling. Right after high-school I got waaayyyyy into nature and drove around the country for a few months hitting most of the national parks, probably the best thing I've ever done in my life if I'm honest with myself. Montana was definitely a highlight, absolutely gorgeous state.

I agree with the posts calling for a more stripped down, reserved Far Cry entry for this one. I think that could actually be really refreshing for the series. I'd be in. A somewhat mysterious and creepy Montana would be the perfect candidate for it.

El_Chino

I've been hiking and you can go hours without seeing other people, and driving through the South has long stretches of sparsely populated areas, but an entire stare stretched thin is crazy

A good friend of the family looked into that awhile back and discovered that relatively speaking it's kinda expensive to live in Montana, you pay for that nature.

San Diego native my entire life, so I get the feeling. Right after high-school I got waaayyyyy into nature and drove around the country for a few months hitting most of the national parks, probably the best thing I've ever done in my life if I'm honest with myself. Montana was definitely a highlight, absolutely gorgeous state.
Bronx native myself! And now currently in San Diego. Funny how that works.

I have had had experiences of driving in the south when I was in Florida that you'll drive for miles without seeing another soul but I can't imagine how that must be in Montana.

Very true, being a California native myself, I'm no stranger to ridiculously high cost of living, but Montana is still pretty high.

I've got a long way to go to retirement at least, so with some smart saving, and some luck I think I could definitely try.

Swiggins

Very true, being a California native myself, I'm no stranger to ridiculously high cost of living, but Montana is still pretty high.

I've got a long way to go to retirement at least, so with some smart saving, and some luck I think I could definitely try.

I know that feeling all too well, haha. As much as I love California and all the benefits it gives me, the cost of living here is for the fucking birds.

A couple of buddies left San Diego for Colorado and Utah respectively and I fucking gasped at what they pay for housing, gas, utilities, etc. It's awfully tempting sometimes...

Swiggins

Imagine Wyoming.

I drove through quite a bit of Wyoming on my way to Yellowstone....that state is fucking spooky at times...pretty, but spooky.

Never been to Alaska, but I imagine it's similar...way too much goddamn space, not enough people. I guess that's why it's appealing for some people.

El_Chino

I drove through quite a bit of Wyoming on my way to Yellowstone....that state is fucking spooky at times...pretty, but spooky.

Never been to Alaska, but I imagine it's similar...way too much goddamn space, not enough people. I guess that's why it's appealing for some people.
Besides the weather, that's what attracted me about San Diego too. It's not overly crowded like LA.

nOoblet16

So wait isn't this going to be the "western Farcry" (mentioned in that poll and rumours) for all intents and purposes except it's modern?

So wait isn't this going to be the "western Farcry" (mentioned in that poll and rumours) for all intents and purposes except it's modern?

Depends on what you'd consider a western. Looks more like True Detective or Red State, from the teasers. It will probably have horses, revolvers, and poker though, alongside jeeps, semi-auto pistols, and assault rifles, so if that's enough, than yes, its a western.

Yup, the fact that there's close to 10 million in the city alone is crazy. It's why low shipments for certain products are ridiculous to me.

KaiserBecks

Depends on what you'd consider a western. Looks more like True Detective or Red State, from the teasers. It will probably have horses, revolvers, and poker though, alongside jeeps, semi-auto pistols, and assault rifles, so if that's enough, than yes, its a western.

I'm not into Far Cry (loved the..."intentions" of 2, got bored by 3 really quick, never tried 4), but I would give this a shot if it somewhat resembled "Justified". Highly underrated show with this exact "modern western" vibe.

sibarraz

Banned
That teaser really has caught my attention, and FC4 in its moment too but never played it, I'm missing something important without playing the first games?

YaBish

Anybody else notice that the stars on the US flag on the table are the symbol of the church/cult flag in the background?

Anung

Un Rama
Killing religious (and white supremacist) fundamentalists? You have my attention Far Cry.

Plus if they have compounds and wish to succeed from the USA that makes capturing dots on a map make enough sense for me.

Top Bottom