• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

SURGEdude

I really liked the "oh crap" from the judge when the gun was pulled. Such a great and totally midwestern touch.

Loved it too. That whole exchange was so dark but hilarious.

Overall I thought it wasn't quite as good as the pilot but still great. Hoping The Knick has as good a start tomorrow.

derFeef

Fantastic episode. Did not know the seasons are connected, I wonder if this will be the case
Lou talked about in the last episode of S1

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Seen the premiere 3 times already and I'm still fiending for more. I thought last season's was more eventful and had more happen plotwise. But this year it was shot better and the show has a swagger to it that last season's premiere lacked. Probably due to the 70s setting and Hawley being able to do his own thing a little more.

I am so glad they kept Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers' theme hell they didn't just keep it, they blasted it after Otto had the stroke.

Toothless

I thought the grey part in the opening was pretty funny. The part where the white guy said he was a Jew and knew about how tough things are to the Aboriginal guy made me LMAO. The conversation between the coked out younger brother and the judge was also funny to me. I can't wait to see that Reagan character. Should be a real knee-slapper.

Oh yeah, I thought the opening was great humor-wise. Just was hoping for more of that. I'm aware though that is essentially a pilot and setting up stories. Looking forward to seeing more.

derFeef

Seen the premiere 3 times already and I'm still fiending for more. I thought last season's was more eventful and had more happen plotwise. But this year it was shot better and the show has a swagger to it that last season's premiere lacked. Probably due to the 70s setting and Hawley being able to do his own thing a little more.

I am so glad they kept Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers' theme hell they didn't just keep it, they blasted it after Otto had the stroke.

Oh yeah, when they played that with the car cam, I had a big smile on my face.

Snake

The opening of the premiere was worryingly not good, but everything that came after it was reassuring.

And I'm not typically impressed by casts alone, but damn. Even Brad Garrett was bringing the gravitas.

Walpurgis

Banned
Oh yeah, I thought the opening was great humor-wise. Just was hoping for more of that. I'm aware though that is essentially a pilot and setting up stories. Looking forward to seeing more.

I guess it could have been funnier but like you said, it was just a pilot and man was it packed with a bunch of story lines. The creators have actually said that this season is supposed to be funnier than the first (which was really funny) so I think it's safe to expect more humour when things slow down.

Speevy

Banned
They're still missing the suspense of the Coen brothers, but I liked it.

I'm not sure why they'd waste Kieran Culkin in the first episode though. Looked like a really solid performance in the making.

They're still missing the suspense of the Coen brothers, but I liked it.

I'm not sure why they'd waste Kieran Culkin in the first episode though. Looked like a really solid performance in the making.

Maybe they'll have flashbacks or something. I agree with you though.

Great.

Fuck my life. All the time I thought that guy was Tobey Maguire and I thought "How nice, Mary Jane and Peter Parker are together again".

I really don't know why I thought it was him.

151012_TV_Fargo-Kieran-Culkin.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Herbs

Banned
Just re-watching Season 1 and totally missed the Gustafson Parking Garage reference the first time around. This series is just awesome.

spuckthew

I started watching season one last night. First episode was brilliant. I fell asleep 5 minutes into the second episode (it was late), but started from the beginning this morning as soon as I woke up and then I watched the third episode straight after. Absolutely loving the show so far and I'm fully intending to marathon the remaining 7 episodes today.

Great.

Fuck my life. All the time I thought that guy was Tobey Maguire and I thought "How nice, Mary Jane and Peter Parker are together again".

I really don't know why I thought it was him.

151012_TV_Fargo-Kieran-Culkin.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Ignoring key differences (no accent, differnt name, not getting killed?), I would swear he is supposed to be a younger version of Steve Buscemi's character from the movie. Both are equally pretty pathetic until they pull out their guns and both the parking lot scene from the movie and the diner scene play out similarly with the latter being a lot more violent.

18 minutes into the first episode, and I'm just loving it. In a weird way, Fargo reminds me of Review, in that, the shows make you laugh at the darkest things. I couldn't help but giggle at the far shot when
the waitress is slowly shuffling away while Culkin is angrily reloading his gun. But then immediately gasped when he shot her
. This show is a rollercoaster of emotions!

Edit : then
what the fuck?! UFO's?!

andycapps

Finally watched the S2 premiere. Incredible. What a start.

Jesse Plemons looks like he got stung by a whole beehive.

Okay then!

Top Bottom