• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great opener, I don't even know if I could pick a favorite in the cast right now. Everyone hit the right notes exactly where they should. The scene with the flashlight in the garage, just perfect.

That was fun. Half dead, coked up Kieran Culkin sounded like a deer and moved like a Clicker from The Last of Us.

Good premiere save for Kirsten Dunst's accent that was sorta wonky. Can't want to see how their cover-up plays out over the course of the season.

That was fun. Half dead, coked up Kieran Culkin sounded like a deer and moved like a Clicker from The Last of Us.

Good premiere save for Kirsten Dunst's accent that was sorta wonky. Can't want to see how their cover-up plays out over the course of the season.

Probably selling pieces of the body out of the butcher shop.

Loved it. Didn't really dig last season but this has warmed me already. Casting is better and the performances have a lot more subtlety to them. Gah wish a season of a show like this would come out all at once. Gonna be hell waiting week to week.

Turin

Banned
And to no surprise we're off to a pretty great start. Some excellent performances from actors I wasn't expecting(though I don't expect anything will come near Key and Peele for a long time).

I'm actually most curious about Kirsten Dunst's character at the moment. It seems like she's a kind of quasi-Nygaard but it's clear that she had some fangs right from the beginning where as Lester had to grow his.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
And to no surprise we're off to a pretty great start. Some excellent performances from actors I wasn't expecting(though I don't expect anything will come near Key and Peele for a long time).

I'm actually most curious about Kirsten Dunst's character at the moment. It seems like she's a kind of quasi-Nygaard but it's clear that she had some fangs right from the beginning where as Lester had to grow his.

Yeah, she has something brewing under the surface. Once the noise started, I just sorta assumed she was having an affair and her lover was hiding. They're not having regular sex, she seemed disinterested in the baby talk, and is obviously disheartened by how boring her life is (California postcard in the mirror). She broke bad mighty quick. And trying to cover up the murder is one thing, but she was going to keep it from her husband. Even with multiple opportunities to come clean and ask for help from him.

Walpurgis

Banned
That scene in the diner....hot damn. And that hit and run lady is freaking bonkers. Anyone else notice how she just stood there while a man she brought into their home tried to murder her husband? I think she will leave him for dead down the line.

I saved the premiere and can't wait to watch it, but I also saved the entire first season via an FX marathon on Sunday.

I'd been waiting for the first season to re-air, and figured I should watch it first, so that's what I'm doing. I'm four episodes in and it's awesome.

d00d3n

I really enjoyed the first episode. The diner scene matched the expectations from hearing about it in S1.

They sure know how to grab your attention in an opener. Terrific episode. I too was impressed with mostly everybody. Even Ted Danson, for some reason I wasn't sure how he would fit, but he was perfect.

Goddamn Milioti is becoming the female Sean Bean. Liked the first episode but some parts seemed forced, like that one with Culkin.

Dunst isn't as likeable as Freeman was, what I liked about him was that in the beginning I even rooted for the guy, but then he became such an asshole that I hated his guts by the time the finale came. Dunst started already bad.

Plemons probably won't survive the whole season, which is a shame. Wilson and Danson were very good though, Offerman was amazing.

EDIT: I'm hoping that the massacre isn't the Diner scene, because that was tame compared to what Lou said in the first season.

Kain

Fucking Todd, mang.

btw, I found Dunst's character to be creepy. We'll see if they continue to portray her that way, but she gave extremely crazy vibes.

That flashlight scene was amazing. Uber creepy, like out of a horror flick.

Wilson's maroon uniform just oozes swagger. That's a baller uniform, guys.

Hey, it's Brad Garrett! Haven't seen him in a while. In fact, I loved all the familiar faces popping up.

Rye killing everyone in the diner was pretty fucked up. The waitress's death got me for some reason. Random cruelty of shooting an injured woman in the back of the head.

But then the UFO showed up and Rye got hit by a car. That was funny/bizarre.

Kirsten Dunst is gonna be the death of Meth Damon. She's a stone cold sociopath.

Ted Danson was cool but I feel like he's not gonna last long. That shoe in the tree.

That flashlight scene was amazing. Uber creepy, like out of a horror flick.

Wilson's maroon uniform just oozes swagger. That's a baller uniform, guys.

Hey, it's Brad Garrett! Haven't seen him in a while. In fact, I loved all the familiar faces popping up.

Rye killing everyone in the diner was pretty fucked up. The waitress's death got me for some reason. Random cruelty of shooting an injured woman in the back of the head.

But then the UFO showed up and Rye got hit by a car. That was funny/bizarre.

Kirsten Dunst is gonna be the death of Meth Damon. She's a stone cold sociopath.

Ted Danson was cool but I feel like he's not gonna last long. That shoe in the tree.

I'm fairly certain the UFO was a hallucination from the bump of coke he took before he walked into the diner, but I guess we'll see. Or maybe it will go unexplained like the fish monsoon.

Wait a minute, if we're supposed to pretend this is a true story, how do they know the guy saw a UFO right before he died? It's not like the cops could have figured that out post mortem.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Loved the episode! Didn't think it could come close to the first season's opener, but fuck, it sure did. Can't wait for next week. If only all of the episodes came out at the same time!

Moff

hey remember when true detective season 2 was so much worse than the brilliant season 1?
that's not what happened here, that was aces.

ESwLHbE.gif

Goddamn Milioti is becoming the female Sean Bean. Liked the first episode but some parts seemed forced, like that one with Culkin.

Dunst isn't as likeable as Freeman was, what I liked about him was that in the beginning I even rooted for the guy, but then he became such an asshole that I hated his guts by the time the finale came. Dunst started already bad.

Plemons probably won't survive the whole season, which is a shame. Wilson and Danson were very good though, Offerman was amazing.

EDIT: I'm hoping that the massacre isn't the Diner scene, because that was tame compared to what Lou said in the first season.

The massacre is in Sioux Falls, the diner wasn't in Sioux Falls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NTFnnaPC8

Doesn't match the description.

Slacker

Fucking Todd, mang.

btw, I found Dunst's character to be creepy. We'll see if they continue to portray her that way, but she gave extremely crazy vibes.

Pretty sure you got those vibes because she's actually crazy. ;) Everything that happened starting with the conversation over Hamburger Helper was all you need to know. She's not interested in a 'normal' life of settling down and having kids. She needs excitement, and not the kind an Atari 2600 will provide.

When they hear the noise in the garage, she knows exactly what it is. Her reaction isn't "Oh no he's alive we have to get out of here!" It's "let's have sex while this injured/pissed off stranger is stumbling around our garage. She then let her husband wander into a situation where he could have easily been killed, at which point she would have likely been killed as well.

All this is preferable to a normal life as a wife and mother. So yeah, she's crazy. :)

TripOpt55

I liked the premiere. Great cast. Darkly humorous. Fairly entertaining so far. I think the first episode of Season 1 hooked me in a bit more. Looking forward to seeing where things head though.

-MD-

Loved the premiere, everything about it was great. I hope the rest of the season can maintain that quality.

And Dunst looks amazing after gaining a bit of weight, she should stay like that.

Top Bottom