• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

Fady K

What's the best Fatal Frame that came out in the west? On PS2 or Wii.

Fatal Frame 2: The Crimson Butterfly on the PS2. Downloadable on the Playstation Store :)

The remake (on the Wii) didn't come out on US Wiis unfortunately but don't let that sway you from playing the excellent PS2 game.

Bulzeeb

Fatal Frame 2: The Crimson Butterfly on the PS2. Downloadable on the Playstation Store :)

The remake (on the Wii) didn't come out on US Wiis unfortunately but don't let that sway you from playing the excellent PS2 game.

well you can always import and play it on dolphin or a homebrew wii, thats what I am planning to do

Zornica

Banned
This was brought up in the other thread but since I see some people jumping into the series in here, Amazon has FF1 and 2 SEN codes for $3.99 each.

Kurtofan

It's out in Europe then?

DVCY201

I'd argue that FF2 is different enough on Wii to warrant both an older and newer version of the game.

Out of old versions of FF2, Xbox is the best. A number of features exclusive to it.

Yup, I (regretfully) got rid of my Fatal Frame Collection a while ago, but FF2 on the Xbox I remember is fantastic. I just bought a copy online because I've been meaning to play it again.

I need to softmod my Wii this summer so that I can play FF2 Wii and FF4.

I'd argue that FF2 is different enough on Wii to warrant both an older and newer version of the game.

Out of old versions of FF2, Xbox is the best. A number of features exclusive to it.

I'd say FF2 on Wii hasn't enough new content, but if you haven't played FF4 and don't plan to play it then yes, I'd play both the original and the remake.

A couple of new arrivals today...

iKq4vmgIuDecc.jpg

isYvLhKjUn0zs.jpg

Already paid for my copy of Shrine Maiden, just sourcing out a JP Wii U and I'll be scared senseless come late September...

ohlawd

heheh Zero 2 was sold out on Base last I checked so I almost decided to order somewhere else.

They got some extra stock. Now to wait for it to get here. Now how about that FF4 >_> Don't think I can get it as cheap as the others :(

I'm actually looking forward to this movie more than any Hollywood movies I can think of right now. I really want to see how they do this outside of a video game. I'm not expecting the greatest movie ever made here or anything but I am excited.

Also a long shot but has anyone heard anything that might even possibly be related to the new game leaving Japan?

Why do these horror games, fatal frame specifically, always have to have a ridiculously fashioned up doll like young girl lead?

Does anyone else find it hard to take horror at all seriously when the characters are fashion models?

And ya, I know '80s horror often had young women in the lead roles, but they were portrayed realistically as an every girl, and they'd end up looking like a mess in no time flat.

angelicshadow

Neo Member
Totally going to haunt this thread (no pun intended) for Fatal Frame news. I'm a big fan of this series and would love to see V come out in the rest of the world!

I was able to play through IV thanks to the fan translation patch and I hate to admit I can see why they didn't bring it over. The story's pacing is slow and I'm still not quite sure how I missed that
there was actually an incest plot that was fairly important to the narrative.

The setting felt disjointed and so much of the imagery was very derivative and not cohesive like the last few games were. The themes (ie. Rope Maiden and masks for the first game, impalement and tattoos for the 3rd, etc. Four was masks and dancers, but also
medical experiments and scary dolls and a completely nonsensical face explosion illness?

Granted it WAS a fan translation and none of what ghosts said during combat were translated, so things may have been lost in in the mix for me when I was playing.

Though times have since changed and with more mature titles coming to the Wii U and FFV looking to be much more solid, story-wise, I'm slightly more hopeful than before that we'll see worldwide release for it!

Why do these horror games, fatal frame specifically, always have to have a ridiculously fashioned up doll like young girl lead?

Does anyone else find it hard to take horror at all seriously when the characters are fashion models?

And ya, I know '80s horror often had young women in the lead roles, but they were portrayed realistically as an every girl, and they'd end up looking like a mess in no time flat.

Honestly her outfit isn't really that extravagant. In fact I think it works better at conveying the vulnerability of the character/player.

angelicshadow

Neo Member

The whole slit sleeves is kind of silly. It's like the outfits get more extravagant as this series goes on, though I suppose they have to make the main characters look distinctive somehow. Either way, I'm sure we'll forget *all* about the outfit when a half-decapitated ghost is barreling headlong at us with a sacred butcher knife.

Though hint nudge for any FF devs that might be reading. A clothing mechanic where the main character gathers tears, rips, and dirt over time could actually add more atmosphere and immersion to the game.

PS. Watching the trailer again, it looks like Yuuri doesn't have the orange vest thingie in that first cut scene, at least, so maybe that's a hint that her clothes *do* change in game, somehow. That could be very subtly cool!

I have officially watched this trailer one too many times in hopes that I might be able to play it. Siiigh.

Weng

The whole slit sleeves is kind of silly. It's like the outfits get more extravagant as this series goes on, though I suppose they have to make the main characters look distinctive somehow. Either way, I'm sure we'll forget *all* about the outfit when a half-decapitated ghost is barreling headlong at us with a sacred butcher knife.

Though hint nudge for any FF devs that might be reading. A clothing mechanic where the main character gathers tears, rips, and dirt over time could actually add more atmosphere and immersion to the game.

PS. Watching the trailer again, it looks like Yuuri doesn't have the orange vest thingie in that first cut scene, at least, so maybe that's a hint that her clothes *do* change in game, somehow. That could be very subtly cool!

I have officially watched this trailer one too many times in hopes that I might be able to play it. Siiigh.
I think if they implement it they'll do it with different intentions :(

angelicshadow

Neo Member
I think if they implement it they'll do it with different intentions :(

Sigh, it's true. They haven't had the best track record with sexualized alternate outfits, have they? For as much as I do love these games and the fact they feature decent enough female lead protags.

L~A

Pretty cool boxart! And yup, really like that darker blue for the boxes, I wouldn't mind if it became standard... which it won't, since it's only for Mature games.

casiopao

It is not strange at all though. Check this website

http://blog.asiantown.net/-/16980/j...se-streets--beautiful-girls-are-everywhere---

The clothing she is wearing is essentially what the girls over there love to wear.

Erevador

Amazing game. Though I'd say the best version available in the U.S. is actually the Xbox version, which has some great extras, improved graphics, and the very cool first person mode.

casiopao

Japanese boxart:

81bbnyclqrl._aa1500_2eke4.jpg

HNGHHHHH after some time passing by, the WET!!! Effect is attacking me again here.

The sight of the two girls( if they are different people.) Drenched in water and her clothing being wet is simply the best!!!

This game must have Wet cheat that allow the girls to always be in wet situation lol.

Am I the only one still praying for a multiplatform Fatal Frame / Project Zero game like the first two? I love those Xbox versions...

This one looks amazing by the way! Hope I'll get to play it!

casiopao

Am I the only one still praying for a multiplatform Fatal Frame / Project Zero game like the first two? I love those Xbox versions...

This one looks amazing by the way! Hope I'll get to play it!

Get a Wii U then. FF series have not come out for quite on another platform(7 years?) So I would say it is exclusive on Ninty platform just like other exclusive now.

vato_loco

I would buy the hell out of that game, then play it, get scared poopless, drop it, invent a reason to not play it again, and live my life in shame.

Did it with Fatal Frame until I played it again six months later. Didn't finish it but only because of so-much-backtrack reasons.

Top Bottom