• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

Daaaamn, that looked exceptional. I'd be willing to buy a Wii U just for this game if it ever gets localised, and by the time it does they'll be dirt cheap hopefully.

Oh, and they'd need to include the Japanese audio as well. That's kind of a deal-breaker. Just can't play a game this Japanese in flavour while the main character's got an English or Californian accent - immersion destroyed.

casiopao

Question is if TK is even interested in bringing it over, though. :x

But honestly, I kinda fear that we might be getting a westernized version of the game that's more similar to the upcoming Hollywood movie. Bye bye, cute asian girls.

Ooooh boy they better don't. Do this to my fatal frame series here. The wrath they are going to have from me is not going to be small here. @_@

Game looks wonderful. Nintendo would be unbelievably stupid if they did not localize this as their WiiU has three noteworthy exclusives coming out for the rest of the whole year IMO. This could be the fourth!

they stayed very quiet about it I remember in another thread people doubted it was coming out this year when I said the game would come out same time as the movie

this games comes out the day after the movie hits

I think they wanted to give Kadowa a chance at doing what they waned to cross promote the game and movie

Kadowa has a manga and has Hollywood ambitions in the west

Nintendo seems very possessive of this IP on he gaming side but they still need to allow for Kadowa to do the other things

Treehouse might be working on this right now and we would have never known early next year US is possible

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well, now on every new Direct I'll be hoping they mention this game.

I'm hoping to see a September Wii U direct with Fatal Frame, Fire Emblem and Cod Modern Warfare shown. Add MH4 Ultimate Wii U edition and I'll die happy.

This franchise is a match made in heaven for the WiiU gamepad.

I'm cautiously optimistic of this coming out West as Nintendo has been trying to woo back the hardcore recently.

Fady K

they stayed very quiet about it I remember in another thread people doubted it was coming out this year when I said the game would come out same time as the movie

this games comes out the day after the movie hits

I think they wanted to give Kadowa a chance at doing what they waned to cross promote the game and movie

Kadowa has a manga and has Hollywood ambitions in the west

Nintendo seems very possessive of this IP on he gaming side but they still need to allow for Kadowa to do the other things

Treehouse might be working on this right now and we would have never known early next year US is possible

They could go for English subtitles and menus and release it before the end of the year in my opinion :D Why not Halloween?

I have a bad feeling it is not coming out in the West. I mean look at the gameplay and videos, it is coming Sept in Japan. If it were coming here at any point they would have shown it off at E3. Cmon Nintendo for the love of god

They could go for English subtitles and menus and release it before the end of the year in my opinion :D Why not Halloween?

this is the cheapest method and Fatal Frame sales are not high by any means so why not do this just slap english subtitles and menus on it and drop it next to Bayonetta2 for Halloween is a good idea

they should not fool themselves like Kadokawa and think this is going Hollywood and become some huge hit

casiopao

I have a bad feeling it is not coming out in the West. I mean look at the gameplay and videos, it is coming Sept in Japan. If it were coming here at any point they would have shown it off at E3. Cmon Nintendo for the love of god

They are not going to show the game without the movie here. This is a huge multimedia project. From movie(japanese producer), movie (holywood style), manga, novel and game. This is a huge collab between ninty, kadokawa and K-T here.

Fady K

this is the cheapest method and Fatal Frame sales are not high by any means so why not do this just slap english subtitles and menus on it and drop it next to Bayonetta2 for Halloween is a good idea

they should not fool themselves like Kadokawa and think this is going Hollywood and become some huge hit

Agreed man! Even SEGA did that with the Yakuza series (but gave up and stopped localizing them anymore :()

Jucksalbe

Banned

If they decided to localize it, I'd expect them to have made that decision earlier in development. So I see no reason why a quick release would mean a barebones localization.

casiopao

Agreed man! Even SEGA did that with the Yakuza series (but gave up and stopped localizing them anymore :()

Well, for. Yakuza sadly, the sales does not do well like at all here. And I just remember, the fact that some of the ads shown on the series like Razor Blade for Razor brand is not really applicable outside of Japan causing the extra income JP sells get not applicable outside of JP.

They are not going to show the game without the movie here. This is a huge multimedia project. From movie(japanese producer), movie (holywood style), manga, novel and game. This is a huge collab between ninty, kadokawa and K-T here.

It will be a MegaFLOP I feel sorry for those idol girls
they are trying too hard just give us the game already

casiopao

It will be a MegaFLOP I feel sorry for those idol girls
they are trying too hard just give us the game already

Well, who knows here. Like Ju-On, no one thing that one will be a huge success. And it did well.

If the story and the babes is attractive, I can see this one having mild success. They also had manga right? Probably they will be released on my home country too.^_^

Some screens I took from the trailer:

Ch83azI.jpg

5Ga5Tcc.jpg

43ECTBW.jpg

Z6jQQqi.jpg

7zTEFKt.jpg

2JoBQot.jpg

IByZc8w.jpg

iOibJTN.jpg

CExCjk9.jpg

rygxgpm.jpg

0lxPZrr.jpg

Well, who knows here. Like Ju-On, no one thing that one will be a huge success. And it did well.

If the story and the babes is attractive, I can see this one having mild success. They also had manga right? Probably they will be released on my home country too.^_^

I might read the manga. I'll netflix the movie if it ever gets on there

Nintendo is only interested in the game that is why it has its name all over it
Kadokawa wants movies and books but that is what they do so it is a big deal for them but this series never was a super seller just a low budget scare that fans really like

Kouriozan

Woot, I'm excited, it looks awesome already!
Like I said in another thread, I got all the ending in FF 4 and 2 Remake, hope Nintendo will announce an early 2015 release for the West!

I'll be interested when it gets localized. Seeing as Nintendo didn't bother to do this with the Wii game, I'll keep my hopes low.
Oh but the last Fatal Frame game was released in Europe :p
And bombed but Nintendo have no problem releasing those.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
To those who think this doesn't look that much better than the Wii remake, am I missing something here? I'm seeing tons more detail, and apart from the hair, the main character looks much better than the Fatal Frame 2 girls on the Wii imo. I also think they were able to make this new girl really pretty surprisingly. She just has a very pleasant face. For a budget title, it's a pretty good looking game. Perhaps they had a bit more budget this time thanks to the movie/manga, etc.

Pikma

Banned
Casipao's posts read like some kind of CBOAT's pervert twin.

Edit: dat Bill's RT! I know it's bad to expect something from people, let alone a company, but I'm hopeful, and more importantly, I'm hyped!!

casiopao

the water wetting everyone in this game makes even creepy ghosts demand a second look

I wonder if this game is scary at all now that everyone seems to have other points of interests

I guess this is going to be Scary and Sexy.^_^

Omg imagine being afraid like crazy but still feeling the tingling sensation on ur pants lol. Like in Heaven and Hell at the same time.

Zornica

Banned
[...]Oh but the last Fatal Frame game was released in Europe :p
And bombed but Nintendo have no problem releasing those.

did it really bomb though? Bomb like "sold way below expectations"? I can't remember if anyone from Nintendo ever commented on that. It had a pretty low print run from what I could tell, it also sold out pretty quickly at most retailers around my area (and never got restocked).

I guess this is going to be Scary and Sexy.^_^

Omg imagine being afraid like crazy but still feeling the tingling sensation on ur pants lol. Like in Heaven and Hell at the same time.

I like this dude LMAO :D

you know I would not mind a serious Team Ninja horror game now

if this was Team Ninja Yuri would be wearing a short skirt instead of those short shorts :)

I think being a horror chicken, I am just looking for other reasons to support the game lol

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm hoping to see a September Wii U direct with Fatal Frame, Fire Emblem and Cod Modern Warfare shown. Add MH4 Ultimate Wii U edition and I'll die happy.

Shouldn't the next Direct be in August?

And I have hopes for localization. This isn't a game that can be considered that targets just the Japanese gamers. Also that Bill Trinen RT could mean something. Or not. Let's see. I want to play this game.

Nemesis_

The only thing I really hope doesn't make it into the fifth game is those stupid hands they introduced in 4 and the remake of 2 when you're picking up an item.

They were stupid and annoying as fuck.

did it really bomb though? Bomb like "sold way below expectations"? I can't remember if anyone from Nintendo ever commented on that. It had a pretty low print run from what I could tell, it also sold out pretty quickly at most retailers around my area (and never got restocked).

Nintendo is the only known publisher willing to support games that sell very poorly see the current Media Create thread most people expect 10k-20k first week for this game and that is being hopeful really considering how they sold in the past Nintendo keeps funding them

so that is why we can beg for a western release but just subtitle it because it will not sell big numbers

Top Bottom