• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

One imagines it'll at least come out in Europe again, although I certainly hope it comes out in the US as well so I don't have to suffer the horror of having a flashlight being called a torch again and again.

Mmmmm

U4LUAD6.png

did Nintendo not say they did not put a limit on amiibo sizes?

:3

Blu(e)

Is this using the DOA 5 engine? The character models look pretty similar. Don't care for Yuri's outfit, but other than that, this looks really good.

Dantis

Unless you really want to play them all, the only one you HAVE to play is 2, because it's the best.

3 and 4 are both absolutely brilliant. 3 is the scariest of them in my opinion, also.

The only one which I feel isn't 'required' is the first game, because it's aged worse than the others.

3 and 4 are both absolutely brilliant. 3 is the scariest of them in my opinion, also.

The only one which I feel isn't 'required' is the first game, because it's aged worse than the others.

I love every game of the series, even the first one. The popular opinion and the one I agree with is that 2 is the one that does everything right.

My order is usually 2 > 4 > 3 > 1. But they are all great.

I love every game of the series, even the first one. The popular opinion and the one I agree with is that 2 is the one that does everything right.

I'm ok with this. But, yeah, better play them all. In the order they were released.

guys we need a focus on getting Nintendo to localize do not ask for Wii port to WiiU we want this one now and worry about the others later

we need to hit miiverse and twitter

Dantis

My order would probably be 2 = 3 > 4 > 1.

I like the first game a lot, but I've only been through it twice. I've been through the others about six times each. 2, 3 and 4 are some of my favourite games ever.

casiopao

guys we need a focus on getting Nintendo to localize do not ask for Wii port to WiiU we want this one now and worry about the others later

we need to hit miiverse and twitter

Any idea on hashtag which is simple and easy to understand? Should we also try to said this on project rainfall forum?

RichardKSJ

Wow it looks really, really good. All that remains is to be disappointed by the fact we won't get this, at least for awhile.

Dantis

You're making me want to replay 3, that game has so many amazing moments.

She was Ruka right? because her voice is amazing.

Yup. I think 3 is under appreciated. The plot is wonderful, and it has some really creepy stuff. The Brushing Woman is the most intimidating enemy I've ever seen in a game. The bit where she's stood in the corner of the room, and you take a photo of her, and once it develops she's in your face smiling shit me up so badly.

I remember it a bit longer than that. Like 6-8 hours.

I blasted through it in a day, I know that at least.

Any idea on hashtag which is simple and easy to understand? Should we also try to said this on project rainfall forum?

Water themed the rainfall guys should see how much this game matches up with the name

#FatalFrameWiiU is easy to understand

I'll retweet whatever already retweeted TecmoKoeiUSA posts and asked them on twitter

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Can someone put in the OP the Miiverse and the Twitter links to ask for localization?
Btw: I'm loving the water "theme", especially if they'll insist in the environmental sound effects as in the trailer; I'm loving how it looks, very good to me; I'm loving the fact that it still keeps its original roots without changing too much for the movie adaptation (especially the Hollywood one). I really really hope they'll publish it in the West, seriously. This is one of those game the Gamepad was conceived around, in terms of gameplay.
Question: why in the trailer ends with the Nintendo copyright?

Can someone put in the OP the Miiverse and the Twitter links to ask for localization?
Btw: I'm loving the water "theme", especially if they'll insist in the environmental sound effects as in the trailer; I'm loving how it looks, very good to me; I'm loving the fact that it still keeps its original roots without changing too much for the movie adaptation (especially the Hollywood one). I really really hope they'll publish it in the West, seriously. This is one of those game the Gamepad was conceived around, in terms of gameplay.
Question: why in the trailer ends with the Nintendo copyright?

Nintendo has had the copyright for every Fatal Frame title they published so far the official website in on Nintendo's site while Hyrule Warriors is in Tecmo Koei's site that is how tightly Nintendo has held Fatal Frame in recent years

my worry about the stupid Hollywood Movie is that they might wait for that junk to be release before we see this game in the west so an internet push is needed

also I was waiting here for the trailer to be uploaded https://www.youtube.com/user/KOEITECMOofficial/videos

but nope it ended up here https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoJPofficial/videos

Nintendo seems very possessive of an IP they don't own

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
you guys are killing me. possible to beat 1 in two days?

3 hours long is a bit of an exaggeration, especially considering it'd be your first time playing the game and the series.

But FF1 can easily be beaten in 5-8 hours the first time.

FF2 is a bit longer, but not by much, it's 7-11 hours the first time.

FF3 is the weird one, it is honestly quite a bit longer than the first two games. It's about 15-20 hours long.

In terms of length, it goes FF3 > FF4 > FF2 > FF1.

I still need to complete the whole series like FFIV and Deep Crimson Butterfly, but on Xbox, my times of completing the game was around 6 hours (maybe closer to 7 hours) on Fatal Frame 1, but I explored a bit and got stuck on some things. Fatal Frame 2 I forget the exact time but I think I was around 10 hours.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nintendo has had the copyright for every Fatal Frame title they published so far the official website in on Nintendo's site while Hyrule Warriors is in Tecmo Koei's site that is how tightly Nintendo has held Fatal Frame in recent years

my worry about the stupid Hollywood Movie is that they might wait for that junk to be release before we see this game in the west so an internet push is needed

also I was waiting here for the trailer to be uploaded https://www.youtube.com/user/KOEITECMOofficial/videos

but nope it ended up here https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoJPofficial/videos

Nintendo seems very possessive of an IP they don't own

I want the game. I'm already supporting the Miiverse and Twitter campaign

ohlawd

ahhh can't connect to a monitor so no headphones.

3 hours long is a bit of an exaggeration, especially considering it'd be your first time playing the game and the series.

But FF1 can easily be beaten in 5-8 hours the first time.

FF2 is a bit longer, but not by much, it's 7-11 hours the first time.

FF3 is the weird one, is is honestly quite a bit longer than the first two games. It's about 15-20 hours long.

In terms of length, it goes FF3 > FF4 > FF2 > FF1.
and thanks a lot for this. much appreciated. info like this helps with the backlog.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yep, same here. I think I put over 20 hours the first time.

I think part of it has to do with how FF3 is designed though. You spend some time in your house in-between the main game, and while I actually enjoyed this element a lot, it can be a time waster as you look around to see if events trigger. That and as you keep on having a reoccurring dream, even if the mansion changes drastically as the game goes on, they do have you repeating areas a few times just with different ghosts/items/layout.

But this said, even without this element it's definitely longer than FF1 and 2, and those two games were definitely not clean of backtracking or having you redo areas again either, FF1 especially, which is essentially almost Back-Tracking: The Game through a lot of it (but in such a way its fun I'd say).

TnK

This thread is creepy, mostly because of casiopao =__=

Team Ninja knows how to do what they do, judging by the reactions of this thread.

Man, I hope Nintendo localizes this. It would have been awesome for Halloween, but to be fair October and the holiday season are packed as fuck so maybe a January-February release would be good for this game in the west.
Bill Trinen just RT'd the @Nintendo tweet linking to the website. :D

FFFFFFFFF
Please Bill, make it happen, cover me in dead Japanese school girls!

Okay the phrasing on that could have been better...

Top Bottom