• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Anime Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
fk41g9.jpg

Orayn

GKZ32.jpg

I watched Gurren-Lagann during a time in my life when I was in serious need of inspiration. Despite how corny it sounds, the series had a lasting, positive impact on me.

TabrisRyu

Emiya Shirou from Fate/Stay Night

(FSN Unlimited Blade Works Spoilers)
Shirou is the only character I know of that kills his future self, top that

Second Place: Kurono from Gantz

Zenith

Banned
Would sure help if people mentioned the names of the character and anime. Like I'm supposed to be able to distinguish between a dozen anime schoolgirls.

BlueWord

Haven't seen a ton of anime, but of those I have seen, I liked:

20110707-rtqacg2asfpc8raky4gj2b3gfr.jpg

Kamina

20110707-qx2wp9amajksgx2ttyiats7pis.jpg

Roy Mustang

20110707-xfcrhpes7qnui975ypiymwegdg.jpg

Edward and Alphonse Elric

Actually, I really liked most of the characters from FMA.

There's more, but these are some of the highlights.

Mononofu

Reki: Haibane Renmei

0002qr28

Lain: Serial Experiments Lain

40189_96813980_lain_square_big_normal.png

EDIT:

For the obvious reasons

Motoko Kusanagi: Ghost in the Shell

Motoko-Kusanagi-gits-sac.jpg

ReaperXL7

I have a tie for three, and I can't decide which would be my absolute favorite

Parn & Deedlit together, you just can't really have one without the other. They would also qualify as my favorite anime "Couple". Such great characters. Record of Lodoss War is fairly old at this point, and i'm sure there are some younger viewers out there who have never even heard of it, but if you like Fantasy based anime, it's required viewing imo.

Deedlit_Parn.JPG

Dark Schneider, the main character from the Bastard!!! series not only is he the most powerful wizard on the face of the planet, but he's surrounded by hot ladies and Heavy Metal. He also has a bit of a Shazaam/Captian Marvel complex which makes him even more interesting to me, especially when both sides have such vastly different personalities.

420208392_cc64f5bb0c.jpg

rOMnM.png

83Xej.jpg

Gunsmith_Cats_1_22.JPG

Rally Vincent from Gunsmith Cats. AKA my Queen. Star of the first anime I ever bought on VHS.

Also, for an anime released in '95/96, the character designs still look up to date to me. I don't think Kenichi Sonoda's art ages at all. Gunsmith Cats still has a "look" to it that sums up what I love about anime visuals.

Android18a said:
Also, for an anime released in '95/96, the character designs still look up to date to me. I don't think Kenichi Sonoda's art ages at all. Gunsmith Cats still has a "look" to it that sums up what I love about anime visuals.

Hey, this is all that filler fluff he released after Riding Bean.

It's a shame Sonoda never topped Riding Bean and declined into pedophilia and muscle cars. I liked him better when he was about macho men and muscle cars. Then he drifted off into pedophilia and space stuff.

Pennywise

Since my favorite characters were already posted with Johann Liebert and Kenzo Tenma ill bring out my favorite comedy character :

7wxFT.jpg

HtaA0.jpg

Gotta be honest and go with Kamina from Gurren Lagann here.
LeleSocho said:
Sure, he's not the most deep or realistic character, but his spirit and attitude are just so incredibly fun. Also,
he has the best death I've ever seen. It's so awesome it's not even depressing. It fits his character very well.

Edit: This thread is rife with people posting pictures without name or show of origin. I hate all of you who did that. All of you.

FuriKuri%20Haruko.gif

Vintage blue Rickenbaker bass weilding, yellow flying vespa riding, anti evil space corporation fighter, crazy alien bitch.

Desmond

i have alot

from Naruto
Naruto
Yamato
Kakashi
Minato
Gaara
Jiraiya

BLEACH
Zaraki
Yoruichi
Urahara
Isshin

DB
Trunks
Vegeta

From other stuff
KANEEEEEDDDDDDAAAAAAAA (akira)
Gary Oak

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Don't really feel like looking for a fabulous picture right now... And come on, anyone expecting me to say anything else of 4 years with straight avatars of him?

gravitation01007jpgw300h428.jpg

Shuichi Shindou! Gravitation

Cwarrior

Best+New+Ussop+One+Piece.jpg

the great Captain Ussop with his 10,000 followers, the man takes shit from no one

4535123711503_3.jpg

legendary sniper sokeking from sniper island

zoro1wf9fj4.png

takamura.jpg

kuwabara_38.jpg

6.draw between piccolo and vegeta

fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-14.jpg

king Bradley doesn't not give a shit

Tobe

2 pages and no kenshiro come on...
YP3kx.jpg

also karas is godlike
VDA9q.jpg

and by far my favorite character in the whole saint seiya universe
nWT7P.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Recently:

IyhFJl.jpg

IMX6bl.jpg

35ujhl.png

I should add a special mention of Dio Brando, but I prefer him from the manga more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom