• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Anime Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReaperXL07 said:
Parn & Deedlit together, you just can't really have one without the other. They would also qualify as my favorite anime "Couple". Such great characters. Record of Lodoss War is fairly old at this point, and i'm sure there are some younger viewers out there who have never even heard of it, but if you like Fantasy based anime, it's required viewing imo.

Deedlit_Parn.JPG
+1. A shame they weren't the focus in Chronicles of the Heroic Knight.

Momo

Banned
My faith in anime GAF has been restored by this thread. I feel I should participate in GAF anime threads more now instead of going off site to talk animu and mango.

Where's Harlock?

Where's Seiya?

Where's Amuro and Casval?

Where's Duke Freed and Kouji?

Where's Ryoma, Hayato and Benkei?

You guys make me feel old and sad that none of the classic guys get mentioned.

At least Kenshiro got somes props.

(old fart hot blooded mecha fan)

Too hard to pick one So I'm just going to list a bunch. Mostly from Anime I've recently seen.
Ginko from Mushishi
LDwB0.jpg

Panty from Panty and Stocking
Ow6p8l.jpg

Sarashina from Wandering Son
pwin7.jpg

Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny
BBR02.jpg

Naota from FLCL
3o1Zyl.jpg

IlliterateBookworm said:
Where's Harlock?

Where's Seiya?

Roy>*

*indicates everyone you mentioned.

PunjabiPlaya said:
Gintoki from Gintama

b96b6babec5bb0_full.png

Hilarious and always awesome

Gonna agree. Of all the badasses that came to mind, I didn't feel any of them really had as many dimensions as Gin. The only character that comes close would be L from death note.

IlliterateBookworm said:
Where's Harlock?

Where's Seiya?

Seiya is by far the most boring of the 5 main Knights.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The dad from FLCL (Kamon!). His English voice is the best VA job ever:

kamon.jpg

flcl%20-%20028.jpg

Mushashi (Takezo) from Vagabond. Amazing transformation as the series goes on

vagabond_swordfish-ii_89217.jpg

Kamina from Gurren Lagann, a boisterous badass who can back it up.

224398.jpg

Takamura (Hajime no Ippo) Another true badass with impeccable comedic timing. His range of expressions is fantastic

takamuragrin.png

tumblr_lgcr2q0R0A1qfyj8po1_400.png

takamura-fight.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Momo said:
My faith in anime GAF has been restored by this thread. I feel I should participate in GAF anime threads more now instead of going off site to talk animu and mango.
Well I'm sure we all can guess where you do go.

There's a TON, but my recent favorite would probably have to be Simon from Gurren Lagann.

ToOsA.jpg

Never before have I seen a character go from loser to badass in such an epic way.

G-Fex said:
I don't like Anime anymore but these guys

S028n.jpg

Then why don't you like anime anymore? Those guys are pretty damn standard.

Momo

Banned
BGBW said:
Well I'm sure we all can guess where you do go.
Not the chans. Dedicated anime forums and such.

Then why don't you like anime anymore? Those guys are pretty damn standard.
I always felt Mido Ban broke away from the brooding protagonist role just enough to make him unique.

qZ2Nv.jpg

Vash will likely always be my favorite. Trigun essentially got me really interested in the anime world, and it remains my favorite animated series of all time.
I felt he was a really well developed character, and really grew as the series progressed. I still prefer JYB's delivery to the original japanese. Every time I try to listen to the japanese dub it just doesn't click with me.
Wolfwood's pretty awesome too, though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
someone should write a paper on the relationship between the age of a thread and the number of images per post in these favourite threads.

That lack of Love for Roy Focker makes me feel old. He was a hero and the way he dies in the series is amazing. Wasn't he also the first character in Anime to participate in a interracial relationship? He just wanted to play a tune for his woman one last time.

*sheds manly tears*

Momo

Banned
CaptYamato said:
That lack of Love for Roy Focker makes me feel old. He was a hero and the way he dies in the series is amazing. Wasn't he also the first character in Anime to participate in a interracial relationship? He just wanted to play a tune for his woman one last time.

*sheds manly tears*
Did you watch space battleship yamato last year btw? ;3

I have difficulty associating with many anime characters, but there are exception. My favorite so far would be Lawrence and Holo from Spice & Wolf. Glad to see Batou mentioned.

Seda

l353b9d090000_1_23741.jpg

Although Naruto is not one of my favorite anime shows, I really like Shikamaru's level-headedness, composure, and portrayal in general.

All my others have been posted already, like Roy Mustang.

I guess Lt. Commander Hughes too.
He dies too quickly in Brotherhood :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom