• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

Tapejara

LET'S GO BOYS

A mere revision with a better wifi chip (for remote play reasons) would be quite nice already, but of course I'm hyping and hoping for the absolute best.

Yep, improve the Wi-Fi and throw in SD card support and I'd be more than happy. Maybe a small spec bump too.

Still skeptical though.

Tratorn

"Trinity" - What a clickbait title lol.
Probably just a new revision, if at all. Don't think that's too surprising.

Doesn't mean that Sony won't leave the HH market after Vita is truly dead.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I understand that we're looking at information for a 5Ghz wifi chip, but what exactly suggests PSVita? I would like to believe, but Sony has been ignoring the Vita for awhile now. I'm pretty sure they didn't even mention it once at E3...

KAL2006

Banned
The only way I'd ever jump onto a Vita revision if it's a phone that supports Android

Call it Xperia PS
720p screen
Great camera
5 inch screen
Large battery life
Slide out buttons similar to Xperia Play
Vita games compatible
PSP games compatible
PS1 games compatible
Full android OS
Google Play Store

jelly

You know what would be cool if Vita players could control one aspect of a VR game while the VR player plays another part.

With Nintendo moving to a larger screen for the handheld, if the rumours are to be believed. I think there is still a market for pocketable gaming hardware, albeit not that big anymore.

McDougles

this is one of the most clickbait titles in the last days here.

Easily. People jumped to conclusions based on a thread title, a Google Translated source and an image of words without reading anything.

Everyone:

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Morts

Is no one reading the OP? Those images don't reference the Vita or any handheld at all. And the OP just used the 'Trinity' moniker to be cute.

Am I missing something?

I mean Sony still makes good money on portables in Japan so I guess they dont plan on fully abandoning the space and giving it all to Nintendo but

We need some harder evidence here

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't understand how this jumped from a 5Ghz wireless chip to Vita?

Also, what's the source for "Trinity"?

OCD Guy

Is no one reading the OP? Those images don't reference the Vita or any handheld at all. And the OP just used the 'Trinity' moniker to be cute.

Am I missing something?

There's a handful of people asking the same things but no one is answering, instead people are going crazy.

Next thing you know someone's going to start a thread discussing launch games.

Yasumi

Banned
Feel like this probably isn't anything Vita related. Even the Hokanko article says PS4/Vita, it could be anything. OP's hit conclusion-jumping warpdrive.

Am I missing something?

Nope, you're right. Its literally nothing and Op added the references to Vita and "Trinity". Dunno why people latched on to it

Not a single person has answered this yet.

Also what does the bolded mean: I don't know whether I'm being stupid but reading it out loud and the sentence doesn't make sense to me.

Go to the link in the OP, there's a picture of the Vita's wireless chip which has a similar model no. Why this suddenly means Sony's releasing a new handheld, I have no idea.

OP is making such a giant leap, I'm amazed he didn't qualify for the Olympics.

The only way I'd ever jump onto a Vita revision if it's a phone that supports Android

Call it Xperia PS
720p screen
Great camera
5 inch screen
Large battery life
Slide out buttons similar to Xperia Play
Vita games compatible
PSP games compatible
PS1 games compatible
Full android OS
Google Play Store
720p screen on a new phone? Way to aim for the stars there champ

bombshell

Trinity?

Lol, Sony Really really loves the matrix, lol.

Or OP does. There's 0 evidence of a Vita connection to those images.

It's just a certification of a new Wi-Fi chip. The most likely scenario is that Neo will have an upgraded Wi-Fi chip. A new Vita is far down the list of possible scenarios.

Top Bottom