• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

Mindwipe

I think you are in a very small minority that will find such a compromised product desirable.

I don't - the Z Compact series sells pretty well, and it's really just that plus playing Vita games. But I don't think fold out controllers would work, you'd have to just have them as a slot on accessory.

GT6 Spec II for Trinity

untitled-15munc.gif

Im legit surprised and kind of not

I guess it depends on how substantial the revision is

A simple wifi upgrade wont be enough to challenge the NX.... I mean im not exactly sure what they are doing here.

18-Volt

Why the hell does NEO need a 5Ghz wireless chip? Why is Sony turning this thing a monster? Do we really need a monster? I know all I'll be playing on my Noe will be pixel art indies.

orioto

Good Art™
I guess it makes sense. There wasn't enough casual confusion between PSVITA, PSTV and PSVR just yet. Let's have a PSVT

To have casual confusion you need to have casual knowledge that those product exist in first place

Onaco

So why are pieces of paper that detail a 5Ghz Wi-Fi adapter being called the Vita's successor exactly? This is for Neo...

So why are pieces of paper that detail a 5Ghz Wi-Fi adapter being called the Vita's successor exactly? This is for Neo...

No its not

Look at the module numbers in the source

They reference BOTH PS4 and Vita numbers

It suggests Vita is indeed getting some kind of revision with 5GHz wifi

Any other upgrades is just speculation at this point

Why the hell does NEO need a 5Ghz wireless chip? Why is Sony turning this thing a monster? Do we really need a monster? I know all I'll be playing on my Noe will be pixel art indies.

being able to download games at speeds that are common these days makes it a monster? lol

Let's be honest here. This PS Vita 2 thing is a darn stretch. No way Sony doubles down on the handheld market after the complete and total bust that was the PS Vita.

Then again this is Sony we're talking about here.

eFKac

I hope they announce it and there will be 0 games at launch. 1 indie by the end of the year and 1 lewd japanese game announced for 2018.

kurahador

What the fuck???? Hope this will just be a new iteration. I'd hate to see another n3DS bullshit.

Still can't wait for it to lands!!!!
SyuUIsd.gif

Top Bottom