• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 remake's latest staff interviews (contains some info on multi-release plan)

Me too :(

As nice as Remake looks, given a choice of

- a multi release ground up rebuild that probably won't be complete until 2020 and probably be expensive as hell for all concerned

- or what you have described with some extra content and story in an all in one package for 2017 20th anniversary year sold full price with expensive collectors editions everywhere

Then I'd go for the latter all day, every day.

Me too!

Imagine if they ever got around to remaking VI.

giphy.gif
This is rediculous. Sabin was with cyan and shadow. Not locke and edgar.

UrbanRats

Me too :(

As nice as Remake looks, given a choice of

- a multi release ground up rebuild that probably won't be complete until 2020 and probably be expensive as hell for all concerned

- or what you have described with some extra content and story in an all in one package for 2017 20th anniversary year sold full price with expensive collectors editions everywhere

Then I'd go for the latter all day, every day.
A lot of people would've been pissed at the latter, I think.
Then again everybody wants a different thing, so it's hard to pin down.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually Sabin only suplexes a train and is small fry.

Tifa suplexes Ultima Weapon

g3FbLlF.jpg

Bonus:

HkT7zGt.jpg

A lot of people would've been pissed at the latter, I think.
Then again everybody wants a different thing, so it's hard to pin down.

IMO most people would be piss at the latter .
People have been asking for a FFVII remake with AC type gfx since the movie came out 10 years ago.
The tech demo we saw on PS3 only further that .

Ploid 3.0

Same.

Ha, actually had someone unfriend me on Facebook for me calling them out on "acting like Square-Enix killed their firstborn child" with this news and the combat.

Maybe "acting like Square Enix killed their firstborn child" is much more of a over reaction than being upset at the way FFVII Remake is turning out. A child dying is a very big deal, this FF7 thing isn't that big of a deal, even to the hardest of hardcore super fan.

Square should just reveal how many parts there are. I mean its already mapped out right? So stupid to confirm its multi part in a PR statement. And then they clarify it in a vague interview for western audiences? Sigh.. FF7 means alot to me, I hope it comes out okay.

They won't. It'll be scrapped.

The whole point of releasing this in multiple parts is so that they wont have to scrap stuff.

To answer his question though, i think it will be a unique fight, cloud isnt just going to swim out of the sub and start fighting Emerald. It will probably be a small cinematic, leading them to a fighting area with a flat surface so they can fight. Cloud will equip the underwater materia so they can breathe.

Am I the only one that would like to see stuff like this:

fZ9RG2V.png

in full HD (or 4K for PC users), looking exactly like this. With the same pre-rendered angels etc? They can even make it real-time 3D.

Actual 3D models of the characters could be vastly improved to match the style.

That would be a remake I'd be happy with.

It's what they should have done.

Instead we'll get an on-rails cinematic action rpg with horrendously awful cutscenes... but hey cloud's character model will be soooo detailed... barf.

The whole point of releasing this in multiple parts is so that they wont have to scrap stuff.

To answer his question though, i think it will be a unique fight, cloud isnt just going to swim out of the sub and start fighting Emerald. It will probably be a small cinematic, leading them to a fighting area with a flat surface so they can fight. Cloud will equip the underwater materia so they can breathe.

You think they'll be swimming around or just standing on the ground like in the original version?

I can see them doing 6 episodes over two years, with the final episode coinciding with the games 20th anniversary in 2017.

6 "full sized games" in two years? Doesn't seem possible.

Wait, and then the final episode coming out in 2017? Woah yeah I think it's probably going to be stretched out a lot longer than that.

If they could finish the whole saga by 2017, they probably wouldn't be doing the multiple part thing in the first place.

Neonep

At this point I wish Square Enix would just shut up, go in their cave, and focus on getting these games done. Before this game even sees the light of day they need to complete Kingdom Hearts III (lord knows that game is overdue) and Final Fantasy XV. All of these games are massive games.

You think they'll be swimming around or just standing on the ground like in the original version?

6 "full sized games" in two years? Doesn't seem possible.

Wait, and then the final episode coming out in 2017? Woah yeah I think it's probably going to be stretched out a lot longer than that.

If they could finish the whole saga by 2017, they probably wouldn't be doing the multiple part thing in the first place.
standing
aka magic underwater materia i dont gotta explain shit

At this point I wish Square Enix would just shut up, go in their cave, and focus on getting these games done. Before this game even sees the light of day they need to complete Kingdom Hearts III (lord knows that game is overdue) and Final Fantasy XV. All of these games are massive games.
For real. They need to shut their faces and then release new trailers and info when the games are within 6 months of coming out. This constant trickle of information for games that are years out is exhausting.

TuXx

True, but Nomura did say that stuff will still need to be cut in order to replace it with different content and the whole fighting Emerald Weapon underwater thing never really seemed like it had much of a chance to be recreated in a realistic type of way.

True, but Nomura did say that stuff will still need to be cut in order to replace it with different content and the whole fighting Emerald Weapon underwater thing never really seemed like it had much of a chance to be recreated in a realistic type of way.

stuff does not equate huge chunks
jeez i know not many people trust SE but their not EA
then id understand the concern
if all else fails they can do the tryed and true fighting the boss while the platform is falling from the sky routine
just dont cut any of the Weapons

The fact that it sometimes spawns immediately outside the Gelnika is spooky as hell.
It did that to me right after I got the sub and went straight to where the Gelnika is and dived. Scared the shit out of me given I was still only roughly level 40-ish at that point.

Ploid 3.0

I don't even mind the split up anymore. If it's not a big game each, like Mass Effect 2 and 3 (didn't play 1), I'll just wait for a all in one pack, or very cheap prices. I won't mind starting back at level 1, with no carry over gear on the next game, if the games are very long.

I'm not a fan of rpgs that are pretty short. I thought I wasn't going to like Dragon Age 1 with its low level amount and no respawning enemies. The bonus with Dragon Age is I like to play through them multiple times as different party compositions based on the many variations of the main character's race, and class. Western RPGs seem to do ok with the low level games it seems (20s 30s) . I just wish there was a never ending Deep Roads in all 3 games. So sad to clear that thing each time I play. Too bad it wasn't in Inquisition, and Orzammar's Tournament (DA1) should have been like FF7's Monster pit or whatever it's called in the Golden Saucer.

Each FF7r episode should have a never ending monster tournament thing. Make it like Star Ocean 2's even, since the new combat system may be like it.

TuXx

stuff does not equate huge chunks
jeez i know not many people trust SE but their not EA
then id understand the concern
if all else fails they can do the tryed and true fighting the boss while the platform is falling from the sky routine
just dont cut any of the Weapons

I wouldn't say the Weapons were a huge chunk of the game. I know they're a major plot piece but in terms of fighting them, most of them were optional and there's even one you don't get to fight, so cutting a weapon fight wouldn't be a huge chunk of content missing.

Haha yea, maybe they shouldn't announce things so early

KyleCross

I'm sorry, I've been an outsider during this entire hullabaloo so forgive me if I don't have all the facts but... I fail to see how they can't fit all the content of a game they released in '97 in one today. This whole "We have to do this, or else we'd have to cut tons of stuff." just screams bullshit, I'm guessing they really didn't want to do this financially so they want the quickest return possible?
That reminds me of a certain, ah, short animated clip.

That I'm now going to go watch.
Ah yes. Shame that guy only ever did that and a few One Piece animations before vanishing, it was good work, especially for the time.

mrpeabody

Honestly I would rather they used a less detailed art style, and cut less content. FF7 is goddamned enormous. Remaking the whole thing in the style of that trailer is crazy.

Ploid 3.0

I'm sorry, I've been an outsider during this entire hullabaloo so forgive me if I don't have all the facts but... I fail to see how they can't fit all the content of a game they released in '97 in one today. This whole "We have to do this, or else we'd have to cut tons of stuff." just screams bullshit, I'm guessing they really didn't want to do this financially so they want the quickest return possible?

I don't buy it as well. They should have went with simpler textures and details. CC2 is making it, look at how good the Naruto games look. Though, what can you do? Other than sit back, forget about looking forward to it, see that it launched, then wait to see how episode1 turned out. If it's worthy jump in, if not, not much energy wasted getting hyped for it and a big disappointment.

Low expectations.

Honestly I would rather they used a less detailed art style, and cut less content. FF7 is goddamned enormous. Remaking the whole thing in the style of that trailer is crazy.

Yep, it seems kinda silly.

"Too big, too much detail. Project is impossible the way we have it."

Don't they do planning before a project, wouldn't art direction be a big puzzle in it? It seem to work out in their favor anyway. Don't sell one FF7r, but sell many FF7r games. (Kefka laughs as he sits behind his desk)

Top Bottom