• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you perceive Ramza as the villain? Slaying demonic entities bent on ruling the world usually gives you a check in the "Good Guy" box.

ff12 may be one of the worst FFs, but balthier was fantastic
He wasn't fantastic. He was one of two characters with any personality throughout the entire game. The bar was set so low that Squall would have added color to the cast. How this one-line-man is so popular confuses me. Everything he does is predictable, and has as much intrigue as a groin punch in a teenage comedy.

You should fix that at your earliest convenience.
I played it 6 years ago. Still holds up extremely well.

Calculators are the best thing ever in a Tactics game. I wish the game gave you a readily available spreadsheet of targets based on your choice, though, rather than having to click everyone individually.

ShinMaruku

Team Ninja does right and does wrong today. That said not surprising. Lightning is awesome I just think all hate should go to Toriyama and not Lightning.

ShinMaruku

But Toriyama made Lightening.

Ferdinand Proche made Volkswagen. :p

But really I think the character concept is fine just Toiriyama needs to be put with Jay Wilson somewhere.
I bet you niggas expected me to post in there.
5I5s8.png

Man, she looks awesome. I've never felt the "magic user" archetype has been done well in a fighter, but she looks great.

Too bad I hate this series. :/
I really am impressed. She has a massive toolset, and even her low level spells are useful. Her spell design is significantly better than Dormammu's.

Why do you hate BB?

Gah, she looks so good! The wait is going to be quite hard.
I might import. SFV isn't half as interesting to me now, lol.

Skilletor

I really am impressed. She has a massive toolset, and even her low level spells are useful. Her spell design is significantly better than Dormammu's.

Why do you hate BB?

I might import. SFV isn't half as interesting to me now, lol.

I don't hate it. I just can't make anime games make sense to me. The only one that ever has is Xrd.

There are two characters in Central Fiction that I like, though, so I might make a try of it again.

Nine looks amazing to me. I LOVE magic users.

Tripon

https://youtu.be/ILbomcBefis

Mike Ross has evolved into mixtape.
I don't know what to do with this.

I'll stop trolling and get into potential spoilers for FFT, so I'll hide it under spoiler tags.
the game is actually presented in storybook format with a narrator telling a story about a 'hidden' part of history. That story was about Ramza and his involvement in the War of the Lions and the demons. But the story was a heretical version that was against the church that painted many of their members as literal demons that wanted to destroy the world. Even if that was the truth, the church couldn't let that stand.

So the church instead picked a young and charismatic hero from a poor background to build a narrative around, which was Delita. That is why Delita is the hero, and Ramza, the heratic is the villian, at least according to the church.
Tl;Dr, I was making a dumb joke about FFT story lore. ;p

I'll stop trolling and get into potential spoilers for FFT, so I'll hide it under spoiler tags.
the game is actually presented in storybook format with a narrator telling a story about a 'hidden' part of history. That story was about Ramza and his involvement in the War of the Lions and the demons. But the story was a heretical version that was against the church that painted many of their members as literal demons that wanted to destroy the world. Even if that was the truth, the church couldn't let that stand.

So the church instead picked a young and charismatic hero from a poor background to build a narrative around, which was Delita. That is why Delita is the hero, and Ramza, the heratic is the villian, at least according to the church.
Tl;Dr, I was making a dumb joke about FFT story lore. ;p
Oh! I forgot that tidbit.

I don't hate it. I just can't make anime games make sense to me. The only one that ever has is Xrd.

There are two characters in Central Fiction that I like, though, so I might make a try of it again.

Nine looks amazing to me. I LOVE magic users.
Is the second character Hibiki? Seems like your type.

I'll grind it out with you, if you want.

I would pretend that there are 4 characters I would try in this game, but I know myself too well. Nine's aesthetics are too on point to ignore.

Skilletor

Is the second character Hibiki? Seems like your type.

I'll grind it out with you, if you want.

I would pretend that there are 4 characters I would try in this game, but I know myself too well. Nine's aesthetics are too on point to ignore.

Yep. And Bang, of course, who I have used before.

Lots of cool characters in BB, just never got the gameplay to click.

Nine is exciting, though. Love the aesthetic, her animations, and the magic.

Skilletor

I'm bewildered by the number of FF players here. It feels like every member but me played them all.

It's one of the most popular RPG series ever, fighting game fans typically like japanese games, and FF was the thing to play when most of us were in our teens. Why would that surprise you?

Edit: Just downloaded FFT:WotL to my phone. Going to replay this ish.

NEO0MJ

Checked the DOA3X thread. I'm disappointed. I was expecting a graveyard based on Sixteen-Bit's words. You owe me a graveyard!

It's one of the most popular RPG series ever, fighting game fans typically like japanese games, and FF was the thing to play when most of us were in our teens. Why would that surprise you?

I don't know. I guess that makes sense. It just bothers me how I feel left out :(

Everyone here needs to play Tactics Ogre. Also, FFT owns.

I've had Tactics Ogre on my PSP (now Vita) for years and it's still untouched. Can't push myself to try it.

NEO0MJ

Should try some out sometime. There are a lot of good ones to choose from, they've aged okay for the most part, and the remakes help too.

I finished VI on the GBA IV on the DS. Both were pretty fun. Tried playing X on the PSV but it didn't click with me and I had to stop later.

Skilletor

Checked the DOA3X thread. I'm disappointed. I was expecting a graveyard based on Sixteen-Bit's words. You owe me a graveyard!

I don't know. I guess that makes sense. It just bothers me how I feel left out :(

The great thing about FFT is that it's awesome. The enhanced port on PSP/Mobile is great with a new translation that, while a bit overwrought, is super good. UI is a bit clunky compared to modern SRPGs, but it is still one of the best in its genre and absolutely worth playing.

Go do it. :p

Nightii

Banned
I tapped out on Final Fantasy after 6. 7 was so.....ugh, and it has not gotten any better for me with the years and installments, Final Fantasy simply became something I can't stand nowadays.

DunpealD

Drugged up on cough syrup, coughing my eyes out while I grind out SF33S.

I'd kill for a Street Fighter Alpha 2 online.

It already exists with Fightcade. But player count is pretty low.

So...it really true that fighting game skills are transferable from game to game. I've never been this good at 3S ever.

Basic skills always transfer. Sometimes they just need a translation to the different mechanics.

MrDaravon

FFT is fairly easy to break but that's part of why it's fun. It's extra hilarious if you level up too soon before you have access to good gear for your classes, level 99 chocobos in random encounters will completely destroy you.

I've had Tactics Ogre on PSP forever, it's constantly in the top 5 or so games in my backlog I want to get to but it keeps not happening. I started up Trails in the Sky finally right before Fallout 4 hit, as soon as I'm done with Fallout I'm going back to that to try to finish it ASAP since I'm probably getting Xenoblade Chronicles X as soon as it comes out. Tactics Ogre and TitS have been two of my backlog white whales for years and years, in part because I find the PSP to be a really uncomfortable system to use and I also don't have a Vita. But I got a PSTV on the cheap a while back and I have a PC monitor I can use with it so it doesn't look super bad (I can only imagine what PSP/PS1 games look like on a full-size HDTV) so I'm using that now to finally get through these.

It already exists with Fightcade. But player count is pretty low.

Basic skills always transfer. Sometimes they just need a translation to the different mechanics.

Funnily, I no longer see the parry system as a positive. I'm glad SFV doesn't have it. I think air guard is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom