• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
When Tizoc is not posting a roundup of arcade direct feeds every Monday...

CqrWw9YVMAEv37U.jpg
Isn't MOW supposed to be the end point of KOF and Fatal Fury or whatever?

Isn't MOW supposed to be the end point of KOF and Fatal Fury or whatever?

it wraps up the FF storyline but I think the KOF timeline is a totally separate/confusing thing, like how the AOF characters are supposed to be a generation older than the FF ones but they're the same age in KOF.

shaowebb

"Yo this is gonna hurt like hell!"

God I love this game. Real talk, the addition of all these target combos and the wall splat are awesome. Means on all these new dudes if you haven't had time to lab it out you can still go for confirms off the target stuff and you can use the wall splat tools to setup corner pressure from anywhere even if you dont know corner carry combos yet. Sure you cash out early into super if you want anything decent off these, but it means you dont have to be perfect with a new character before you can try em now.

Also K' is so fucking sick in this game. :p

Riposte

Apparently I haven't been paying attention, because I only just found out SFV is a fucking nightmare straight out of the pits of hell.

The online lag made it an unplayable mess to the point I knew it had to be something wrong on my end. So I did some research, change some settings, but with no results. I see a blog post by Haunts to set up some port forwarding. After I do that I log on (failed once) to be greeted with this:

Two days and I'm not even sure why. It's not like I quit in the middle of the two matches I played. It's worth noting that this is the only Steam game I've ever had to make an exception for with my anti-virus; maybe it was trying to tell me something.

So anyway to challenge this ban?

EDIT: Oh, it's in UTC, it may be a lot shorter than I thought. Still... wtf?

EDIT: I see, it's a 24 hour ban. Apparently this is standard for rage-quitters? But both matches ended and I quit by using the menu you get at the end of a match. Was I false positive? Was the lag so bad, it isn't didn't realize the match ended?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing to do is to make a video of what happened. PS4 has it natively and PC has a few ways to do it.

Dahbomb

Figure that mkx beta thread would be larger with how people always complained about wb abandoning pc version.
Very few people actually care enough about a game to give constructive criticism especially this late into the game's release.

This is not just a MKX thing but a gaming this in general.

vg260

Does anyone here play fighters on a 4K TV?

I know a low-latency monitor is ideal. This is specifically a living room TV question.

My set is starting to age, and 4K would be cool for other things, but I mostly play fighters and action games anymore, and the lag on 4K sets still sounds terrible. My current set is pretty good, and I've never had lag issues, so I hate to replace it for something markedly inferior in that regard.

shaowebb

Who do y'all think are the best KOF players?

Reynald, Romance, Xiaohai, Tokido ...after that its a tossup to see who clicks with their team the hardest. I usually see fireworks from both MadKOF and MR Kof. I always wanna see Juicebox take team waifu to the gold though.

Right now with a game with so many new characters its hard to say what may crop up. There are some BIG damage mofos floating around in this title right now and its hard to say who may connect with one to become a threat. I'm looking hard at someone becoming scary with Gang Il, Geese, or Kukri soon. Kukri's supers and setups just seem so dirty that I think he will be a real bastard later on as folks figure him out.

MrDaravon

Since SFV is on hold for me at the moment (need to get a stick and that's not gonna happen anytime soon) I'm thinking of finally getting around to sitting down and checking out Dissidia 012 in part to prepare or have some base level knowledge for the eventual PS4 port of the current arcade game. I'm assuming there's at least some basic level of carryover between the two games and I'm a whore for fanservice/crossover stuff, and I've got a digital copy so I can play it on my PSTV using a dualshock which was the main thing stopping me from playing the game when it originally came out on PSP.

Anyone have a decent beginners/basic resource for 012? I skimmed gamefaqs and a few other places and it seems like on top of an obscene amount of unlocks and other things there's quite a lot going on in the game, and it's so old at this point that anything even remotely recent assumes you've been playing the game for years.

Since SFV is on hold for me at the moment (need to get a stick and that's not gonna happen anytime soon) I'm thinking of finally getting around to sitting down and checking out Dissidia 012 in part to prepare or have some base level knowledge for the eventual PS4 port of the current arcade game. I'm assuming there's at least some basic level of carryover between the two games and I'm a whore for fanservice/crossover stuff, and I've got a digital copy so I can play it on my PSTV using a dualshock which was the main thing stopping me from playing the game when it originally came out on PSP.

Anyone have a decent beginners/basic resource for 012? I skimmed gamefaqs and a few other places and it seems like on top of an obscene amount of unlocks and other things there's quite a lot going on in the game, and it's so old at this point that anything even remotely recent assumes you've been playing the game for years.

Why do you need a stick for SFV? The inputs are so easy. Even I use pad and this is the first 2d fighting game I've used pad for in almost a decade.

shaowebb

I honestly considered using pad for KOF 14 given how good the button layout is in the game as always. Then I tried to do the Kyo advanced cancel in tutorial fishing for trophies and realized why I use stick to begin with. Some motions get waaaaaaaay easier.

So far NRS titles are the only ones I use pad on.

MrDaravon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215157273]Why do you need a stick for SFV? The inputs are so easy. Even I use pad and this is the first 2d fighting game I've used pad for in almost a decade.[/QUOTE]

Oh in my case it's just some specific issues I have where playing on pad specifically kills my left hand after a little while (specifically thumb related not wrist) that I wouldn't have with a stick. Been using a FC4 but it kills me after a bit, and I've been using 6-button pads for years and years so it's hard for me to get used to using a DS4 since I'd have to use the triggers. I thought about getting the newer FC but no idea if I would have the same problem or not with that pad, but I should also get a stick at some point anyway for other games.

Is this Australian tourney supposed to be the new Shadoloo Showdown?

You remember that Australian tournament that Daigo won back in 2010 so he could attend EVO? Well that is this tournament.

Their was even a little story behind this. Daigo just recently got sponsored by MCZ back then. Some people assumed that MCZ was sending him anyways, so the Australian guys didn't have to pay for Daigo's trip. And because of that Humanbomb(Daigo's opponent today) who finished 2nd was able to go. But the Aussie's came out and said they were solely responsible for paying for Daigo's trip with no assistance from MCZ. Basically they also wanted to send one of their own so they crowd funded Humabomb's trip as well.

pixelish

You remember that Australian tournament that Daigo won back in 2010 so he could attend EVO? Well that is this tournament.

Their was even a little story behind this. Daigo just recently got sponsored by MCZ back then. Some people assumed that MCZ was sending him anyways, so the Australian guys didn't have to pay for Daigo's trip. And because of that Humanbomb(Daigo's opponent today) who finished 2nd was able to go. But the Aussie's came out and said they were solely responsible for paying for Daigo's trip with no assistance from MCZ. Basically they also wanted to send one of their own so they crowd funded Humabomb's trip as well.
nice history lesson, rice. btw are you the president of the ddr club gaf division or is that kid a?

nice history lesson, rice. btw are you the president of the ddr club gaf division or is that kid a?

I feel like I'm missing the reference here. But you're pretty much only going to see me talk about Football/Fantasy Football besides SF/FG's since the American Football season is going to start soon.

Tripon

I feel like I'm missing the reference here. But you're pretty much only going to see me talk about Football/Fantasy Football besides SF/FG's now that the American Football season has started.
Jiyuna been calling himself the global president of the DDR club, or Daigo Dick riders.

Jiyuna been calling himself the global president of the DDR club, or Daigo Dick riders.

Oh I heard something about Daigo fans calling themselves "Riders" last week during the HK tournament. I even made a post about it. Didn't know where it came from though or the DDR part. I honestly thought the DDR part was about the dancing game.

But hey, Daigo's is mah boy. I got no shame in admitting that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom