• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...my frikkin eyes. Just marathoned the last 2.5 episodes and their several dozen story chapters in Blaz Blue CF. But I finished the main story and FINALLY got closure! Waaaaaay to convoluted just for the sake of complexity but it had its moments. Gonna work my way eventually to hitting all the sub scenarios and gag reels out of the 100ish chapters of story.

Now though I've unlocked Susano'o and I can focus in the lab on learning folks properly for a bit. Really wanna learn Mai, but as always I'll play some of everyone and see what they got goin on. Izanami feels like she could be beast. Nine DEFINITELY is and Susano'o also felt boss as fuck. Great times await.

For now though...my eyes need a break. Several hours of subtitles on top of DAYS of marathoning this.

EDIT: Holy shit is everyone playing BBCF now? Awesome!
Just me alone in a room.=P

Got a 2 day trial of PS+ and played a bunch of SF5 tonight. Even managed to unlock Alex! I don't know how to upload replays, but I fought the MASHIEST Vega.

Got a 2 day trial of PS+ and played a bunch of SF5 tonight. Even managed to unlock Alex! I don't know how to upload replays, but I fought the MASHIEST Vega.

You can hit square and view your fighter profile. From there you can find your ranked and casual matches, and then once you find the match you can select it and save the replay which can then be viewed from the CFN menu. You'll have use the PS4 sharing to upload to Youtube if you want to get them up on the internet.

NEO0MJ

Now though I've unlocked Susano'o and I can focus in the lab on learning folks properly for a bit. Really wanna learn Mai, but as always I'll play some of everyone and see what they got goin on. Izanami feels like she could be beast. Nine DEFINITELY is and Susano'o also felt boss as fuck. Great times await.

Susano'o is boss as fuck but when you get into a real match it'll hit you that it might have been a bad idea to have a giant slow character with short normals almost no specials unlocked at the start of the match and locking the best ones in the back. And the one that unlocked from the start is not that helpful.

jett

D-Member
Q5K6qqx.png

Keighley Award nominees are:

BEST FIGHTING GAME

Killer Instinct Season 3
King of Fighters XIV
Pokken Tournament
Street Fighter V

Anime was robbed

edit:

BEST ESPORTS PLAYER - Presented by HP OMEN

Faker [Lee Sang-hyeok] SK Telecom T1, League of Legends
Coldzera [Marcelo David] SK Gaming, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Byun–Hyun Woo Starcraft 2
Infiltration [Lee Seon-woo] Team Razer, Street Fighter V
Hungrybox [Juan Debiedma] Team Liquid, Super Smash Bros.

LI Joe won some award this year so kinda surprised not to see him.

BEST ESPORTS GAME

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
DOTA2
League of Legends
Overwatch
Street Fighter V

JambiBum

Would anyone here be interested in buying my red qanba q4? I bought it near the launch of sf5 and used it like 3 times. I just prefer to use pad. It's just sitting in the box in my house right now.

notworksafe

You can always just call an Uber but still slightly annoying to get to the good parts of the strip. The event being single venue again is worth it though I think. We'll see.

NEO0MJ

20 minutes of walking in 100 degree temps.

x_x

Don't be such a bitch, Line. I mean I come from a harsh land that's far away from your place known to be where the caravan camels roam. It's pretty flat and rather immense and by god the heat is intense, plus it's kinda rough around the edges but you don't see me complaining 'cause hey it's home.
And I managed to walk around exploring Vegas in the blistering sun with no problem a couple of years ago so I can speak from experience when I say it's manageable. Just wear a hat and carry a bottle of water and you'll be fine.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think I am gonna end up going this year - my cousin is hopefully <knock on wood> gonna get a job in Seattle, and he's the one who got me into FGC stuff (he's a smash player) - so I think I want to go with him. Will probably go for a room at the Luxor if anything, might volunteer to be a bracket runner or something.

Shouta, you going?

Dahbomb

Was there ever an intense SF EVO grand final?! 2015 was the closest and it was ruined by a stick malfunction!
Blazblue Grand Final was intense a couple of years ago.

KOFXIII has had a few intense GFs too.

Marvel 3 Flocker vs Justin Wong EVO 2013.

I think this year's Melee GF was intense as hell too and I don't even know anything about Smash.

And the aforementioned USF4 EVO final minus the malfunction.

shaowebb

Was there ever an intense SF EVO grand final?! 2015 was the closest and it was ruined by a stick malfunction!
Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma 2014 Galileo story was not just a hype Grand Finals but a hype journey for the ages. He stayed the entire top 4 on the verge of death down to the round. It was more iron willed comeback hype than even J. Wong because it lasted damned near an hour non stop.

Maximillian named it his top 2014 evo moment and one of the greatest things he had ever seen at EVO period. Watch the recap

The Entire Grand Finals itself of Dogura vs Galileo legendary bout is here.

People were literally holding their breath so long several folks reported folks nearly passing out in the audience in live tweets. Dude's girlfriend was in tears. Galileo had put everything into making the trip too. This was everything for him and he never let go and gave up. He pulled a full on hollywood series of runbacks and made it happen. To this day...I don't think I've ever seen a more hype Top 8 or Grand Finals for any fighting game period.

mbpm1

Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma 2014 Galileo story was not just a hype Grand Finals but a hype journey for the ages. He stayed the entire top 4 on the verge of death down to the round. It was more iron willed comeback hype than even J. Wong because it lasted damned near an hour non stop.

Maximillian named it his top 2014 evo moment and one of the greatest things he had ever seen at EVO period. Watch the recap

The Entire Grand Finals itself of Dogura vs Galileo legendary bout is here.

He said SF

shaowebb

He said SF

So he did. I saw Dahbomb's post and just went in on the Galileo links. :p
Still though even if it aint SF definitely watch it if you are a fan of fighting games period. The maximillian recap puts me in tears every time. Its incredible. No other EVO moment ever came close to that ride because it wasn't just one or two moments...it was like an HOUR of Galileo pulling out things and holding on to the dream.

Most SF grand finals at EVO have been bodybags recently.

Daigo vs. Ricky
Latif vs Fuudo
Xian vs Tokido
Infiltration vs Gamerbee
Infiltration vs Fuudo
Luffy vs Bonchan

Shouta

Mandalay Bay is a pretty nice hotel so I'm pretty happy with it being there. I should be going barring anything coming up. The suites at the Mandalay were really nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom