• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

You seem a little biased.
Isn't AE the game with the most tournament entrance still?
The last topanga league was still hype as fuck, way more than Marvel is nowadays. The "problem" with AE is that with time we now only accept to watch extremely high quality games.

I think Scythe is a little too focused on audience and stream hype only. This is still the most played tourney game in not just the world, but also America. And a lot of people still enjoy watching it, as hard as that may be for some of you guys to believe. It's not dead, it's just as you basically pointed out, people only get really excited to see the best in the world play. You could say we've gotten a bit spoiled over the years. International comp is where SF4 excels at and when we haven't been getting that lately, so we don't care as much or maybe at all.

As for Topanga, I watched it live. That shit was mad hype, their were so many nerve wrecking moments towards the end of rounds where both guys could take no more than one hit which left us at a loss for breath while watching.

onionfrog

Capcom Next gen lineup:

Dead Rising 3 (XB1 exclusive. Capcom Vancouver)
Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive, DD team doing it)
Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii-U Exclusive. Funded by Nintendo, Dimps + Ono)
Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both. Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
Megaman (both consoles, PC and done by "A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it")
New IP from Capcom Vancouver
New IP from Ninja Theory
I don't believe this. Especially the exclusives, why would a company want to make big name titles exclusive and effectively cut their potential number of sales in thirds in half? Unless the exclusive platform has money hatted it so hard that the potential reduced sales are no longer an issue.

That being said, if MVC4 is real, the Capcom can shut up and take my money.
I'll even buy the first release and willingly get burned when they announce a super version 4 months later. kappa

Shito

I don't believe the Wii-U exclusive bit neither.
Would be a pretty stupid thing to do coming from Capcom; or it would be a timed exclusive à la RE4.
Have a hard time believing the MvC4 bit as well.

kirblar

lolno @ the exclusives. Capcom is NOT doing XBOX exclusives, simply because they won't sell enough in Japan. And that's not the platform you release DS4 on.

sleepykyo

Capcom Next gen lineup:
Could see happening.

Nope. Capcom doesn't make exclusive games for Sony. They just get Sony to foot the bill for exclusive dlc that Microsoft wisely passed on.

Improbable given how bad the Wii-U is doing, but I could see it. Shame to see Darkstalkers as TvC.

Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both. Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
Eventually. Not as a launch window.

Megaman (both consoles, PC and done by "A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it")
Nope. Good US developers as far as AAA goes, have already been brought into the folds of EA or Activision.

New IP from Capcom Vancouver
Yes. And yes please.

New IP from Ninja Theory
Yes. And dear god no.

Dahbomb

Someone's ass
I god damn hope so.

A MVC4 announced at E3 would effectively kill UMVC3. People joke about the game being dead (I do it too because its for the lulz) which is actually the furthest from the truth. The game even in its current unpatched state has a good 1-2 years extra left. Even now people are improving their game play, strats and tech with the game getting high entrances at tournaments and high stream views. If they announce MVC4 E3, a lot of the players who actually play it competitively will stop practicing/playing it and just wait for the next shiny thing. Metagame is going to stagnate further as people just go into auto pilot mode.

Of course if MVC4 is just an up skinned PS4/Xbox One game with just content adding on to MVC3 that would be godly because it would be like a mega patch. I don't think that will happen nor SHOULD it happen, MVC4 warrants a new engine. I don't want TACs in my fucking MVC4.

Capcom is NOT doing XBOX exclusives, simply because they won't sell enough in Japan.
They did for Lost Planet and Dead Rising for 360. Never underestimate the power of money hats.

Beckx

Isn't there a poster already under mod-watch for a perma because of his "insider predictions" for the E3 Nintendo Direct?

jbug617

Banned
lolno @ the exclusives. Capcom is NOT doing XBOX exclusives, simply because they won't sell enough in Japan. And that's not the platform you release DS4 on.

Well Dead Rising and Xbox have been tied together. DR1 360 exclusive, DR2 360 got exclusive Prologue and Epilogue. So DR3 being exclusive wouldn't be a shocker.

Beckx

Well Dead Rising and Xbox have been tied together. DR1 360 exclusive, DR2 360 got exclusive Prologue and Epilogue. So DR3 being exclusive wouldn't be a shocker.

The important thing in doing these lists is to include non-shockers. "MS will announce Halo 5." Well, sure. It's on a two year release cycle and they announced H4 at E3 2011.

That way after the show you can claim your source knew some stuff, but was misinformed on others.

Dahbomb

Also the thing that is even more unbelievable than MVC4 is fucking Darkstalkers exclusive on Wii U.

As if that game needed to be on LESS consoles... it ends up being on the console with the least momentum. Darkstalkers = TVC.

No matter how much Nintendo money hats Darkstalkers... it will never recoup the cost of what it could sell on PS4/Xbox One.

Horseress

A mod said it was a fake list =/

But let's think:
Capcom will not release SFV any time soon, mostly because there's a new SFIV coming
Capcom always says there's no MvC3 update coming, and they say that A LOT

So...who knows...the worst thing is that I will be expecting that on the conference, and if it doesn't comes I'll be sad =/

Another thing: I don't think there's not going to be a new gen fighter coming with PS4/XBONE, so I think we'll have something

Dahbomb

The best thing to expect Capcom for E3 is to lower your expectations so that they are through the floor.

Just predict they will show the exact same shit as their Sony conference and call it a day. Anything else would be a plus.

Azure J

Oh this is where we're discussing the rumor list from Capcom? I would fucking choke on laughter if that Darkstalkers thing came to pass man.

Horseress

The best thing to expect Capcom for E3 is to lower your expectations so that they are through the floor.

Just predict they will show the exact same shit as their Sony conference and call it a day. Anything else would be a plus.

Ryota Nitsuma steps up to the stage and says "I'm not here to talk about Marvel vs Capcom"

everybody dies...

sleepykyo

Dead Rising sells primarily in the west. For that matter most of Capcom's console games sell remarkably more in the US than in Japan which makes the hyper westernization seem all the more weird. Capcom never needed to make RE even more brotastic or get NT to teach Capcom how to make Devil May Cry appeal to the US.

Dahbomb

Ryota Nitsuma steps up to the stage and says "I'm not here to talk about Marvel vs Capcom"

everybody dies...
Nitsuma doesn't step up at all.

Hey guys that list might not be real just saying
attachment.php

USD

Kind of random, but thank you enzo_gt for all your hard work. The FGW thread is much better than it was when I was doing the work. Now I use the thread myself for reminders about the tournaments for the week. You're the best!

Busaiku

It's basically them saying they'll miss their Spring target (which was only for another few weeks anyways, so it's not like we haven't figured that out).

Touching on the lack of Japanese presence in AE 2012 tournaments here in the States recently, I believe Tokido said during an interview with Ryan Hart that many of them are bored with the game and he doesn't see an update changing that. Probably biding their time until SFV is announced.

sleepykyo

Also the thing that is even more unbelievable than MVC4 is fucking Darkstalkers exclusive on Wii U.

As if that game needed to be on LESS consoles... it ends up being on the console with the least momentum. Darkstalkers = TVC.

No matter how much Nintendo money hats Darkstalkers... it will never recoup the cost of what it could sell on PS4/Xbox One.

Did Darkstalkers suddenly become a huge hit? animu Darkstalkers can do what? 250k tops. The Wii-U can produce that. Mortal Darkstalkers could probably do more and I guess that it is one way to make SF v. MK without damaging the SF ip.

Dahbomb

Its not just about how much it will sell (it will never be in the millions) but how it will be supported as a competitive games. Considering how TvC did because the FGC didn't really bother with the Wii, I can't imagine DS doing much better on Wii U.

I can't see this as a good business move for Capcom unless Nintendo is paying the whole bill for the game. In that case I don't see this as a good business move on Nintendo's part. They are better off trying to get exclusive TvC2.

kirblar

Its not just about how much it will sell (it will never be in the millions) but how it will be supported as a competitive games. Considering how TvC did because the FGC didn't really bother with the Wii, I can't imagine DS doing much better on Wii U.

I can't see this as a good business move for Capcom unless Nintendo is paying the whole bill for the game. In that case I don't see this as a good business move on Nintendo's part. They are better off trying to get exclusive TvC2.
It's a fake list. Save your theorycrafting for the possibly not-fake lists! :)

Top Bottom