• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

Fighters aren't big on PC so it's not a big deal. It might change in the future though.

I play sf4 on pc and i also have sfxtk on there that I haven't touched. I did see another gaf thread about upcoming kof releases on there such as 13, which would be awesome. I feel like tournies could get a better deal if they were able to run fg games through steam or w/e. Like how internet cafe's have their own steam thing going on.

kirblar

Yeah I don't see how MS would be at all comfortable doing shit like this unless they knew that Sony was doing something similar. I expect Sony will have similar restrictions, only they aren't stupid enough to tip their hand first so there might be 1 or 2 big differences to make people go "Man that sucks but at least it's not as bad as the Xbone shit."
Sony shifting it to "this system is available should a publisher choose to use it" is a much different animal. (FGs, for instance? Unlikely to use a system like that for logistical reasons.)

Dahbomb

Can't possibly be worse.
Maybe.

I am half way with Lost Fragment on this. They might have some inkling that Sony is doing the same so they are biting down the bullet hard before going in deep.

Yet at the same time you have all these exclusive EA stuff on Xbox (like that TitanFall game). We all know EA loves all this DRM garbage and EA not even being present at Sony's PS4 reveal means that this might be a Microsoft thing. Yet at the same time you see all these independent/F2P type games already shift their games to PS4 (Blacklight, Warframe, Planetside 2 etc) for some reason.

I want to believe but I can't bank on the good will of corporations.

kirblar

Maybe.

I am half way with Lost Fragment on this. They might have some inkling that Sony is doing the same so they are biting down the bullet hard before going in deep.

Yet at the same time you have all these exclusive EA stuff on Xbox (like that TitanFall game). We all know EA loves all this DRM garbage and EA not even being present at Sony's PS4 reveal means that this might be a Microsoft thing. Yet at the same time you see all these independent/F2P type games already shift their games to PS4 (Blacklight, Warframe, Planetside 2 etc) for some reason.

I want to believe but I can't bank on the good will of corporations.
XBOX has too much top-down stuff going on here. This is corporate decision-making/groupthink behavior at its worst.

Sony learned their lessons last time.

Zissou

I'm relatively certain Sony has confirmed that PS4 will be able to be used entirely offline. If true, (coupled with a few other things, like system power disparity) it will the de-facto tounament-standard fighting game platform.

Dahbomb

Yea they have said stuff like that but I want to see it in action.

Pro-DRM Xbox1 folks are getting banned left and right. Turns out they were exposed as corporate shills. I would be very, very cautious about posting anything that supports a type of DRM on the Xbox. If Major Nelson and Ben had GAF accounts they would be banned today for just clicking "submit post".

I'm relatively certain Sony has confirmed that PS4 will be able to be used entirely offline. If true, (coupled with a few other things, like system power disparity) it will the de-facto tounament-standard fighting game platform.

Yeah, if they confirmed no online needed (which theyve already confirmed anyways) and no used game DRM BS then they already won. They could just step off the stage after that.

kirblar

Pro-DRM Xbox1 folks are getting banned left and right. Turns out they were exposed as corporate shills. I would be very, very cautious about posting anything that supports a type of DRM on the Xbox. If Major Nelson and Ben had GAF accounts they would be banned today for just clicking "submit post".
Do we have a "Exposed Plant" list of names? I'm morbidly curious.

Dahbomb

Do we have a "Exposed Plant" list of names? I'm morbidly curious.
Bish made a post not too long ago that certain GAF posters have obvious agendas especially if you look at their e-mails that they used to sign up. He is obviously not going to expose them unless they do something that makes them out to be plants.

So basically anyone banned in that big thread is a shill. Example includes that RRM guy who was defending this garbage.

Namco confirms new fighting game at E3. Almost surely TxSF.

kirblar

Bish made a post not too long ago that certain GAF posters have obvious agendas especially if you look at their e-mails that they used to sign up. He is obviously not going to expose them unless they do something that makes them out to be plants.

So basically anyone banned in that big thread is a shill. Example includes that RRM guy who was defending this garbage.

Namco confirms new fighting game at E3. Almost surely TxSF.
I stay out of the megahuge threads. Just not worth it. Moves too fast.

So Enzo is on sudoku watch.

Horseress

There's a full thread about it on the first page. I know stuff is moving but it's there.

FGW continues to be a safe haven for us gamers in this time of crisis.

Ok, I found it now. And yes, stuff is moving pretty fast, I cannot imagine how this place will be on Monday morning before E3 starts (except here on FGW, our sacred place)

And yes, it's totally TxSF

Dahbomb

Yea it's going to be a shitstorm. I expect the Off topic forum to be shut down and they may even disable avatars temporarily.

sleepykyo

Yeah I don't see how MS would be at all comfortable doing shit like this unless they knew that Sony was doing something similar. I expect Sony will have similar restrictions, only they aren't stupid enough to tip their hand first so there might be 1 or 2 big differences to make people go "Man that sucks but at least it's not as bad as the Xbone shit."

Probably. When the rumors first surfaced, everyone predicted that neither would pull the trigger unless the other was willing to go along. Presumably publishers brokered it.

Dahbomb

The banned corporate shills for those who were interested.

This guy is about to be banned as well:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=61828922

Horseress

The banned corporate shills for those who were interested.

This guy is about to be banned as well:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=61828922

I'd be surprised if MS was paying a guy to say that, lol.

Some of those posts are HILARIOUS! OMG!

This sounds awesome!

but Microsoft is being too nice. I can already see the exploits.

Maaaaaaaaaan....poor Microsoft, damn kids and their friends wanting to play games they didn't paid full price!

Dahbomb

In the span that I made that post 2 more people got banned. It's now a bloodbath.

Ladies and gentlemen one of the greatest shitstorms of our time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If anything, MS was smart to get this info out there before E3.

Edit: Though maybe it's not smart to have this info come out on the same day this NSA PRISM shit comes out, lol

AAK

Wait, you don't have to be always online for xbone, only once every 24 hours? Then how does the in-game cloud computing stuff work when you're offline?

Azure J

In the span that I made that post 2 more people got banned. It's now a bloodbath.

Ladies and gentlemen one of the greatest shitstorms of our time.

This stuff is all happening so fast and in such close proximity that I can't even comprehend it all at times. Any other previous console adhering to some of this stuff would get laughed right the fuck out of the industry by consumers I swear.

Hit-Confirm LIVE hits it's 25th episode, and there is loads to talk about this week! From Fanatiq's little tirade, to the walking Terms of Service Violation that was The On Blast Show being Twitch-banned, and Guilty Gear XXAC+R being delayed, this week is going to be hella interesting.

We are live NOW! Just hit the link!
http://www.twitch.tv/radioinfluencedotcom/new

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Wait, you don't have to be always online for xbone, only once every 24 hours? Then how does the in-game cloud computing stuff work when you're offline?

Games that utilize that sort of thing probably require an internet connection. Cloud processing or whatever probably isn't something that's absolutely mandatory.

Dahbomb

It doesn't. What did you guys think this cloud stuff was? This is only going to help persistently online games like MMOs and that already exists on the PC. How do you think Planetside 2 works? I am appalled that people think their games will look better because of the untapped power of the cloud.

Cloud is the new Cell only Cell was something tangible just took a while to figure out. Cloud has been around for a while but some how M$ is spinning it into something it isn't.

Horseress

Games that utilize that sort of thing probably require an internet connection. It's just not something that's absolutely mandatory.

Maybe it updates the games you have on your library and your saves each time you connect on the internet, and then go to a friends house and plays it on your account, with the games being on "the cloud"
I don't know, in a perfect world it would be like that, then it probably isn't

Kikujiro

If anything, MS was smart to get this info out there before E3.

Edit: Though maybe it's not smart to have this info come out on the same day this NSA PRISM shit comes out, lol

I think MS is underestimating the internet rage and how it's impossible to stop a shitstorm of this proportion. People will tweet and share all this negativity and they will make it look even worse.

Andy video has been added to the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1ms5j1wwll80oTRtUTdwAnA

For future reference, do any of you check the KOF XIII thread or would you like me to post any of my content here as well?

Keep posting here. I post random Tekken things and sometimes I hear about SFxT in here, for some reason.

EDIT: The worst thing about this DRM crap is that it's just going to get worse from here. People will buy the consoles and those that don't will just be left behind. In another few years, PS5 and whatever else will be checking your credit score and bank account to make sure you can watch a commercial.

The only way to stop this is to not buy the consoles. But that's not going to happen.

I argued this same point in the old SFxT thread. If people will not care now, then when will they care?

Top Bottom