• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

Clawww

I played with Chris King in Japan ~3 years ago. He was pretty godlike and got us to meet up with the Japanese Marvel 2 scene. Also had a hot Japanese gf.

Chris is one of the best Vega players in the US free. Might even be the best in terms of tourney placings.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A question that I have for the members of FGC-GAF is: are you here because it's GAF and you want to look at a bunch of other stuff on GAF, or are you here because you spend most of your time in the FGC weekly thread?
Here for GAF first for sure. It's why I signed up, the awesomeness that is FGC-GAF only sorta became a thing later. Didn't even really care about fighting games like that until SSFIV.

GAF is way too entertaining from OT fuckery to other subcommunitites to Gaming side threads for me to just be here for FGW.

SmokeMaxX

Chris is one of the best Vega players in the US free. Might even be the best in terms of tourney placings.
Yeah. We had never heard of him before we went to Japan. This was after Super came out on console but arcades only had vanilla. Chris had a sick Vega of course, but I want to say he also had a pretty good pocket El Fuerte IIRC. Speaking of sick El Fuertes, you have not lived until you have played TKD's. He would chain smoke while option selecting his option selects. He made it seem like he was playing 5x faster than anyone else in the room.

There's another shot of Terry on SNK's employment page:

main.jpg

Looks a bit better.

A question that I have for the members of FGC-GAF is: are you here because it's GAF and you want to look at a bunch of other stuff on GAF, or are you here because you spend most of your time in the FGC weekly thread?
I think I heard Arturo talk about it (« Shout out to Neogaf ») on a stream while he was commenting. Then I quickly realized it was the best source of information FGC related. Sticked to it since then. Waited 6 months for my inscription to be validated. Trying not to get banned for a stupid reason like talking about some emulators, who knows... I also like the off-topic section although it stays very superficial on the whole (not enough politicial/philisophical/economical discussion going on imho -kids these days-)

casperOne

Here for GAF first for sure. It's why I signed up, the awesomeness that is FGC-GAF only sorta became a thing later. Didn't even really care about fighting games like that until SSFIV.

GAF is way too entertaining from OT fuckery to other subcommunitites to Gaming side threads for me to just be here for FGW.

Apparently, I'm missing out by keeping myself holed up in here.

gutabo

x4QNlC2.png

And plenty of people answered, some quotes:
Javits Arias
Haikus ain't that hard
Learn how to count syllables
Then you can post bro

Nakashima Geoff-san
FGC sucks dick
FGC get a damn job
FGC is dead

Chris Crochet
Can't beat Morridoom?
Are you still free to Chris G?
Buy my DVD

Chris Phire Scott
oh Monsters of stream
with the venom from your screen
stunts growth of the scene

Miranda Pakozdi
Balrog is the best
I am fuckin telling you
Balrog is the best

Alex Jebailey
Come To CEO
And get Jebaited you will
You must not miss it

Javits Arias
Alex Jebailey
That man is so freaking smart
Clear your history

DeAngelo Knowles
Known Aqua For years
What is your fucking real name?
Better not be Greg

Javits Arias
Saw gief charge focus
So I tried to jump away...
Damn snackish special

I think I heard Arturo talk about it (« Shout out to Neogaf ») on a stream while he was commenting. Then I quickly realized it was the best source of information FGC related. Sticked to it since then. Waited 6 months for my inscription to be validated. Trying not to get banned for a stupid reason like talking about some emulators, who knows... I also like the off-topic section although it stays very superficial on the whole (not enough politicial/philisophical/economical discussion going on imho -kids these days-)

hit the off topic community page for all dat poli-gaf.

casperOne

Just try not to post anything stupid. bans are permanent while you're a Junior Member.

I think I'm just going to stay within the confines of FGC GAF for the time being. There's enough here to keep me entertained for a good long while.

But thank you for the advice. I didn't know about the permanent ban/junior member thing.

kick51

Banned

for gaming news first, FGC stuff when there's FGC stuff to talk about, and tons upon tons of schadenfreude

alstein

Skullgirls is the free game on Steam this weekend- so if anyone wants to try it for free, they can be free this weekend.

Also I think they start charging for Squiggly next week so if you want to get it on PC, get it now ($10 this weekend to boot)

As for GAF- I came here for the FG stuff, because I can't stand most dedicated FG sites. I occasionally read the other stuff when I need to kill time. That said, I'm not into FGs as much nowadays as I used to be.

I look at the OT in wonderment. Its like a mish-mash of other people's interest not gaming related. It also has the peppering of hilarious and horrible. OT also introduced me to JengaGirl gif.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Started coming to GAF like 80 years ago when i ran news for a gaming site because it seemed like a pretty awesome tool to keep up to date with news as soon as it happened. Nowadays I mostly just pay attention to the fighting game threads since I don't care about a lot of modern games and don't have anywhere near as much time for video games anyway, except I've been paying more attention to a lot of other shit recently because of what Dahbomb said.

My account predates the SF4 boom but I mostly just lurk everything else.

Silky

Banned
Best Tekken theme

SInce I'm a new account here, I generally focus on FGC-GAF, AnimeGAF and whatever game that's my flavor of the month. I've always wanted to be apart of this weird place and have meaningless conversations about which videogame babe is the hottest.

Instead I'm here getting hype for games. I just really love games and have a high sense of optimism for a lot of things. All of my cynical tendencies are only focused on groups that deserve cynicism. Like, Konami.

Oh okay so I guess we find out latest on Saturday

I thought that was today

Bro you are in the midst of a new console generation. This is like once in 6-7 years type deal. GAF is a circus right now... you get more entertainment here than in all of FGC.

For real, I want to know how a thread about some guy's ps4 not working turned into ppl dying from some guy's twitch ch w/ beeping. Can't believe I missed what happened

I thought that was today

For real, I want to know how a thread about some guy's ps4 not working turned into ppl dying from some guy's twitch ch w/ beeping. Can't believe I missed what happened

Just saying if it's "this week" then the latest it could possibly be is Saturday

Horseress

I can't believe I've missed that too. TL;DR pls someone?

About the announcement, it can be nothing, but Ono retweeted some PS4 related tweet today from the official PS twitter account

Skullgirls is the free game on Steam this weekend- so if anyone wants to try it for free, they can be free this weekend.

Also I think they start charging for Squiggly next week so if you want to get it on PC, get it now ($10 this weekend to boot)

As for GAF- I came here for the FG stuff, because I can't stand most dedicated FG sites. I occasionally read the other stuff when I need to kill time. That said, I'm not into FGs as much nowadays as I used to be.

How does this steam thing work? Can I sign up for steam and download the free skullgirls and have it forever?

Top Bottom