• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Everyone who does seems to get magically fucked up 90% of the time.

http://youtu.be/GJvpZt4_8K4?t=3m52s

(I don't remember exactly where it is in this set)

I dunno what he was doing exactly, but he seemed to be able to tag out and not get hit for a lot of damage pretty consistently. Consistently enough that it doesn't look like an accident.

I only recall one time where he gets killed from a bad raw tag, though it's been a while since I watched this.

http://youtu.be/GJvpZt4_8K4?t=3m52s

(I don't remember exactly where it is in this set)

I dunno what he was doing exactly, but he seemed to be able to tag out and not get hit for a lot of damage pretty consistently. Consistently enough that it doesn't look like an accident.

I only recall one time where he gets killed from a bad raw tag, though it's been a while since I watched this.

Ok, I'll rephrase that 90% of people who do this get fucked up 90% of the time.

There's definitely exceptions, but, at least in the beginning days of Chris G domination (and even to an extent now) it still happens where people make bad raw tags and get fucked for it.

So yeah, it's just people making dumb raw tags against Astral Vision Morrigan who's already laid her game out.

Seyavesh

it's just a matter of looking at what pattern morrigan is shooting and then reacting accordingly

you can definitely get away with raw tags if they're trying to chase you in the sj area or generally shooting at that area

its just that usually folks are really transparent about when they wanna get out or there's no reason for morrigan to change her fireball pattern because of the situation (related to character options, lockdown situation or health situation)

chris was doin' whatever and letting him get away because of whatever he thought was coming

de1irium

Small update to KOF13 PC just dropped: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222940/discussions/1/666826166317512281/

This update includes:
  • Alt+F4 and Alt+tab fixes - some people told us they were experiencing some issues with this, we've made a couple tweaks, let us know how it goes!
  • "Windowed Fullscreen" display mode now available in the Graphics Options menu!
  • tweaks made to XInput controllers (eg. Xbox 360 controllers). People reported issues with the way directional inputs felt. Let us know if things feel better or not.

MavFan619

Banned
There's some stuttering and other hiccups, but I think that's more my upload speed. If a scrub like me can get a stream like this up and running for my first time ever, then this bodes well for those who actually know what they're doing.
Thanks for the info I can't wait to start using the stream function.

Thanks for the info I can't wait to start using the stream function.

Thanks for tuning in! Streaming is going to be crazy this gen and I can't wait to see what real streamers do to improve and evolve the whole stream game.

And I tested my Qanba and SFxT pad again. No response in the PS4's dash or in-game in Injustice. The turbo/Mode buttons lit up, but no actual response or movement from the game or menu at all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm really sad that Injustice died down so much. It'll probably still be a solidish #3 at majors and stuff but it'd be nice to see more representation at weeklies.

I think the FGC would really benefit from a non-Capcom game being able to rival the Capcom games in popularity.

Silky

Banned
I'm really sad that Injustice died down so much. It'll probably still be a solidish #3 at majors and stuff but it'd be nice to see more representation at weeklies.

I think the FGC would really benefit from a non-Capcom game being able to rival the Capcom games in popularity.

KOFXIII. Literally the only game with a decent enough install base internationally that could appeal/rival a Capcom fighter's personality. NetherRealm titles are too foreign/westernized for Overseas play, VF and Tekken have an admittedly large learning curve that scares western fanbases (par for the course for 3D fighters), and Anime Fighters like Arc titles just have very few players.

KOF is literally the only game that, if given the time, can be played by anyone. Hell it's the only fighter I have a drive to improve myself in other than AE.

Clawww

I was talking to my friend about this earlier--Smash 4 might be able to integrate into the FGC.

Brawl preceded SF4 and the new, revived, post-'09 era of the FGC, so the communities and scenes were already distant. But if Smash 4 turns out to be a competitively sound and hype, I don't see why it wouldn't find a place at weeklies and majors alongside 'traditional' fighters. I'm not sure if the existing Smash community will mix into the FGC, but I can see the FGC adopting Smash on its own. If that makes sense.

Also, I'm personally hoping GGXrd really takes off in the scene.

Clawww

Well, they only have to give a fuck to the extent that the game isn't competitively off-putting. I think even if it's not amazing, it could easily become an FGC mainstay.

alstein

KOFXIII. Literally the only game with a decent enough install base internationally that could appeal/rival a Capcom fighter's personality. NetherRealm titles are too foreign/westernized for Overseas play, VF and Tekken have an admittedly large learning curve that scares western fanbases (par for the course for 3D fighters), and Anime Fighters like Arc titles just have very few players.

KOF is literally the only game that, if given the time, can be played by anyone. Hell it's the only fighter I have a drive to improve myself in other than AE.

If SNK hits it out of the park, I could see that happening- but it would SNK getting the graphics, gameplay, and netcode right- I just can't imagine SNK hitting all 3 of those.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Competition is good, you say?

When non-Capcom games catch up with regards to character design and broad appeal, you might actually see that. Every competitor confines itself in some aspect of the sort where as SF doesn't. KI has potential, but it's limited by the platform it's on.

Everything else changes. Other games have more robust featuresets, better training modes, better netcode, better stories, etc. And yet still, the most important thing is still the characters. It's even a factor for MK, which, despite what I'd call generally lazy character design, finds a way to identify with people. Part of it is nostalgia, yeah, but it's also part having strong, iconic archetypes with great design to boot. I mean how many other fighting games can you have something like this identify with so many people?

minimalist-street-fighter.png

smurfx

get some go again
the good thing about the new consoles is the dvr option. we will now be able to watch a ton of off stream matches thanks to that feature. i don't expect them to record all the matches at a tournament but at the very least people can now record all of the top 64 or top 32 and upload them on youtube later on.

so there was some good info from markman regarding smash. Apparently sakurai is studying frame data and requested some sticks from madcatz. Maybe Smash will be a full fledge competitive fighting game first rather than party game first.

so there was some good info from markman regarding smash. Apparently sakurai is studying frame data and requested some sticks from madcatz. Maybe Smash will be a full fledge competitive fighting game first rather than party game first.

real talk that'd be one of the worst things you can do to smash

Brawl taught us that the serious smashers will make your game competitive against all odds, because if they can play that game at tournaments for all these years, they can play anything. All Nintendo needs to do is not work actively against them and it'll turn out fine.

They'll sue evo again, though.

Horseress

That's great news! Damn, be able to play Smash with a arcade stick will be awesome

alstein

It's rumored the new KOF and SamSho were going to be 3D.

Really looks like they're lolifying Nakoruru and I'm guessing Mary up.

Top Bottom