• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

image.php

no faith in XIII disguise skills...
Now I kinda hope they keep it in just to see how ridiculous it will be lol.

I'm talking about those asking whether they should revive her after her death in the remake.

I thought she couldn't be revived as Sephiroths (spelling may be wrong sorry) sword
once killed by passed all Phoenix down and revive magic. Was it not in the Japanese text of the game but omitted from the translation to English?
Thats why it was impossible to revive other characters like the president through the game.

I'm talking about those asking whether they should revive her after her death in the remake.

People are concerned about whether or not its an action RPG or Turn Based RPG and not shit like changing major plot elements just because?!

LOL you do that, the key emotional scenes are trivialized. The Canon timeline is trivialized.

I thought she couldn't be revived as Sephrophs (spelling is wrong sorry) sword
once killed by passed all Phoenix down and revive magic. Was it not in the Japanese text of the game but omitted from the translation to English?
Thats why it was impossible to revive other characters like the president through the game.

Wasn't it because characters are only ever KO'd unless your entire party is? If they die in a cinematic it's just that......

Good fucking gods I hope not

You know what, if the only way to do it was end-game, through completing some ridiculously difficult quest chain, so you'd only have her for the last dungeon, I don't think it would be that bad.

If they just shoehorn her right back in shortly after the big surprise, and then rewrite the second half of the game, yeah, that would royally suck.

AgeEighty

I'm holding out hope that the character models seen in the teaser aren't in-game ones. After all, the work just started; a lot can change. And it was only a teaser.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
We need clarification about this. Nothing will make me more happier than this game never coming to the XB1.

With the way they worded it's obvious as hell it's a timed exclusive. If it was coming to PC only they would've said console exclusive as they have in the past.

With the way they worded it's obvious as hell it's a timed exclusive. If it was coming to PC only they would've said console exclusive as they have in the past.

This is what I keep telling myself. Please Square Enix, let me give yu my money. I'll even she'll out for a limited edition.

Just started playing the original again. A bigger, 3D world really gives me hope that they'll expand on things, give a few more choices to change things up a bit without altering anything major. After blowing up the first reactor, maybe you can go straight to the station and get on the train, evading soldiers and meeting with the rest of AVALANCHE. Or maybe you can explore the area, chat to people, then you get ambushed by soldiers and have to jump on top of the train like the original. Little narrative choices which have no real impact, but make it something that older players can appreciate.

Kyoufu

They're not going to retcon Aerith's death. If they were going to bring her back they would have done it already in Advent Children at least.

Watch them retcon everything and me being quoted in a few years on a wall of shame

I'm holding out hope that the character models seen in the teaser aren't in-game ones. After all, the work just started; a lot can change. And it was only a teaser.

"Sorry guys Tifa just didn't fit in the updated style, we have replaced her with a new character named Fanny who has a different role in the game".

I can't believe the effect this game still has, the love is real. First played FF7 to completion in 99/2000 as a 12/13 year old (after falling in love with FF9 first), and despite fifteen long years having passed since then, after all the rumours yesterday I found myself waking up at 5am this morning with a little bubble of hype, straight to GAF and saw that the remake is now finally a reality. I can't even!!

I've lurked on GAF for years and shared all the ups and downs at the various conferences for this, TLG and Shenmue III. Intense hype, crushing disappointment, flickers of madness! So glad I could finally post here to share in this insanity!!

Still a bit bummed there was no FF12 HD though (or Crash Bandicoot :-(), would've been the icing on the cake. Always next year though right?! :p if we had it all at once there would be nothing to look forward to ;-)

Swag

Can't wait for the creepy HD version of Sephiroth slaying the Shinra Tower, the Niflheim flashback, and all the versions of Jenova

KOMANI

KOMANI
I didn't know the US government prosecuted people for saying things on NeoGAF.
I didn't know I would be taken so seriously. Since I'm now taking a bullet for zombievito, let me explain... Not that my opinion matters because I'm not a mod... What the kid said wasn't so bad, and it was emotional (let's be honest, these have been some exciting days). He said he wished ff7 stayed console exclusive. His second comment (which admitingly is a horrid statement) was offensive. Now I'm glad you all know the difference between law and forum rules, but you're sidetracking the thread. If you wish to correct me, since I was being cheeky, PM me. Being shit on in the FF7 thread is not the place to do it, yeah ok, once/ twice is enough... Not 5.
Tldr: emotions are high, and I was asking to give the junior the benefit of the doubt, and I know the difference between "being in someone's house" and the rights of man.

megazone

Neo Member
Hoping there is some more fantasy/steam punk elements that the impression the trailer gives. Really not impressed with he way the soldiers look, come on give them a weird helmet or outrageous body armor.
PUy9A2f.jpg

Oh, and all trains should be locomotives ^_^

Does anyone know where to find a proper HD encode of the Final Fantasy VII PS3 tech demo released 10 years ago ? All that I am finding on youtube are shitty 360p ones.

There would be no change worse, gameplay or otherwise, than if they revived Aeris/th. That kills A LOT of emotion in the original. Not to mention it would mess with the ending and with the stuff that comes after.

Pagusas

Elden Member
If HL3 gets announced today... what will we have to hope for for NEXT E3!?!?!?! Like literally everything I wanted just got announced except HL3.

Hobbun

I honestly thought this would ever happen. A part of me is excited, but a part of me is worried. Nomura directing? Why not Kitase?

Just please don't change the combat. I'm fine with my party members being lined up and the ATB of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom