• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (Fan) Translation Released

This patch download link is acting really janky, keeps starting up at 20MB/s and quickly moving along to roughly 90% complete and then it just stops progressing entirely without changing the speed display or the time remaining display. Have restarted a bunch of times already and its the same thing.

Pooya

This patch download link is acting really janky, keeps starting up at 20MB/s and quickly moving along to roughly 90% complete and then it just stops progressing entirely without changing the speed display or the time remaining display. Have restarted a bunch of times already and its the same thing.

google megadownloader, you'll find an unofficial client that works waaay better that the site.

or you can make mega account, import the file to your own account (you probably should do this either way with the traffic it's getting it might get deleted) and use their official sync app, it works well just don't stop the download.

Aeana

Err...where am I putting this?

Start the game, and go to Game Settings -> Enable cheats at the top. At this point, the emulator creates an .ini file in \ppsspp\memstick\PSP\Cheats. Open that ini, paste that stuff in there, save it, then stop the game and start it again.

google megadownloader, you'll find an unofficial client that works waaay better that the site.

or you can make mega account, import the file to your own account (you probably should do this either way with the traffic it's getting it might get deleted) and use their official sync app, it works well just don't stop the download.

Thanks the unofficial client seems to have worked like a charm.

Start the game, and go to Game Settings -> Enable cheats at the top. At this point, the emulator creates an .ini file in \ppsspp\memstick\PSP\Cheats. Open that ini, paste that stuff in there, save it, then stop the game and start it again.

Got it! Thanks! This is some crazy magic.

Just a heads up for the 60 FPS code, it obviously doubles the requirement to emulate the game on your device, so if you're using a mobile device with PPSSPP (e.g. Android) it may be best to stick with 30 FPS to maintain 100% Speed.

PC/Desktop users carry on, you need to burn that excess speed somewhere anyway.

oh yes just a little bit more work...

tumblr_m0lrmmtQdl1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

I don't know what to do. I've tried different browsers, using the megadownload tool, transferring it to my account, refreshing, but I'm still getting less than 100 kb/s on this download.

Someone said they got it in the 20s which was kind of surprising since its that much or more here in Japan new. I think used copies are like ~¥1000 maybe I'll pick one up.

At that price you definetly should! :D

I don't know what to do. I've tried different browsers, using the megadownload tool, transferring it to my account, refreshing, but I'm still getting less than 100 kb/s on this download.

Weird, MegaCONZ maxes out my download speed, using Firefox with the addon.

Renpatsu

I'm using Jdownloader (another download manager) to handle the Mega link, currently going at 756 KB/s. My connection isn't that great so maybe you should give it a shot.

Nohar

Well, that's a surprise. I didn't expect the patch to be available so soon (especially two months sooner than expected). Things like that never happen.

... Something is fishy. Call me paranoid, but I just find it weird that the patch is released in advance, right before the E3. The timing is very interesting.

Tagg9

Well, that's a surprise. I didn't expect the patch to be available so soon (especially two months sooner than expected). Things like that never happen.

... Something is fishy. Call me paranoid, but I just find it weird that the patch is released in advance, right before the E3.

This is a fan translation, not a retail product.

PPSSPP is such a user friendly emulator, can't believe PSP emulation went from the hardest to configure (jpcsp) to the most easiest. (Going a bit off topic but any other emulators with nice user interface?)

Nohar

This is a fan translation, not a retail product.

Precisely. When it comes to fan translations, I expect those to take longer than expected, not the other way around. Though, well, they have been working on it for a long time, I can only congratulate them for their work.

Fuck it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Found a used copy in Florida for $35 on ebay. New copies everywhere else were bullshit (including hmv) on price and expected time, and all the other used copies on ebay were in japan and only about ~$5 less. 3-6 business days for free is hard to pass up, especially on import crap.

That 60fps code tipped it. I hope SE doesn't pull any localization bullshit within the next day - 6 months from now, lol.

Guys, if you find Aeana's instructions for the 60 FPS code hard to wrap your head around, we've just made it simpler to edit cheat codes from PPSSPP itself in the latest dev revision:-

ib1XCNp3D5WsLb.jpg

Just start the game, press escape, then click on Edit Cheat File and Notepad will launch automatically which will allow you to edit the game specific cheat file immediately without having to look for it in the memstick directory. Enter the code posted earlier on in this thread, then save and exit.

Renpatsu

Precisely. When it comes to fan translations, I expect those to take longer than expected, not the other way around. Though, well, they have been working on it for a long time, I can only congratulate them for their work.

They've been pretty transparent about the progress of the translation many times in the past. You can read all up on it in the translation project thread in gbatemp forums.

Aeana

I was wondering where that UI went, I thought it was there in a previous version but I didn't see it in the one I downloaded yesterday.

It did take longer than expect tho, back in january it sounded like it was just around the corner, warning us to DUST OFF OUR PSPs lmao

Precisely. When it comes to fan translations, I expect those to take longer than expected, not the other way around.

This is why we've started to see a lot more translation teams take approaches that cut against this expectation: releasing a surprise patch (7th Dragon), putting out a finished patch right away followed by daily fixes (RGC2), or announcing a conservative release date then beating it. That "OMG WHERE'S THE PATCH" situation is a real motivation-killer.

Phenomic

Sad. I got the ISO to work and the game loads but the file itself isnt in English. I'm not sure what went wrong. Followed all the directions as far as I know and I'm playing it on the PSP.

The file size was correct and everything. It seemed like it went so well.

Edit* False alarm. Figured out what went wrong. Will fix it now!

B.K.

Though, well, they have been working on it for a long time, I can only congratulate them for their work.

They haven't been working on it for THAT long. It's only been about two years. I've been waiting on the Xenosaga I&II patch for almost six years now. :/

Mine is stuck on the "now loading" screen any ideas how to fix it?

EDIT: using 6.60 ME 1.8

EDIT 2: Changed my CFW to 6.60 PRO-C and UMD ISO mode to inferno. 6.60 ME 1.8 doesn't have inferno in which that's why it wouldn't run. Excited to play this game!

mackaveli

Can anyone help me get my DualShock3 to work on Windows 7?

I downloaded DSTool but it doesn't pick up my Playstation 3 joystick. ( I meant I downloaded Better DS3)

I am connecting with USB.

Any help?

I'm googling right now but cannot find any answers.

Aeana

Everyone who's using PPSSPP please make sure to use the latest development version (obtained from here) instead of what's available on the main PPSSPP site. There's been lots of fixes since that release.

They haven't been working on it for THAT long. It's only been about two years. I've been waiting on the Xenosaga I&II patch for almost six years now. :/

Atleast those are officially released in English with superior graphics, or does the DS version have extra stuff?

Top Bottom