• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (Fan) Translation Released

Sykotik

Ran in to my first bug. Opened the Codex for the first time, and the screen went black, music was playing at a fast speed, but I could still speed it up with the turbo key.

Had to shut-off ppsspp, as nothing was happening.

Aeana

Are codes just activated automatically?
In the ini file, you'll see a line like _C0 or _C1. Whether it's 0 or 1 indicates whether it's enabled or not (1 is enabled)
And of course you have to enable to cheat option in the emulator.

SoulUnison

Banned
If you're playing on an actual PSP, you need to make sure that the ISO driver that's being used is the Inferno one. You can press home (IIRC, maybe select) on the XMB to get a quick menu that will let you double check that.

My options are:

"Sony NP9660"
"ME Driver"
"Normal"
"OE Isofs"
and
"M33 Driver"

Apparently my CFW is "6.60 VSH."

Alastor3

just finished chapter 1. I love the combat system and the different characters so far but, boy, there are a lot of names at the beginning!

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone playing this on SHIELD? Not getting 30fps solid, and the hardware should be up to it shouldn't it? Recommended settings?

mackaveli

Can anyone help me set up my DualShock3 controller?

I tried installing motionjoy and other DualShock3 drivers with no luck on getting the controller working.

Under Game Controllers in Windows 7 it says

PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller Status OK

But I cannot calibrate it etc.,

I have no idea why it won't show up in Better DS3 as well.

jamsy

You MUST load the game via the Inferno ISO driver on a CFW'd PSP. It's too large to work with any other driver.

How exactly do I run the Inferno ISO driver? Is it supposed to be one of the options? I'm running 6.60 CFW Minimum Edition here...

B.K.

Downloading the patch now. Four hours to go. I wish someone would make a torrent for the patch. I hate downloading files this large through a browser.

Zukuu

Banned

I tried installing motionjoy and other DualShock3 drivers with no luck on getting the controller working.

for better ds3 you need to install the xbox360 controller drivers on top. Then it should be listed as "xinput controller".

Sykotik

Motionjoy is no good. Try using this instead;

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

ZeroX03

Banned
Downloading the patch now. Four hours to go. I wish someone would make a torrent for the patch. I hate downloading files this large through a browser.

How is it downloading so slow? MEGA gives pretty fast download speeds, I had 1.5MB/s.

PirateKing

There is this one specific driver that is pretty good and auto detect your DS3. Motionjoy is meh, but I can't remember what it was. I'll edit once I find it but one of the features is holding L1 + R1 + Home button will turn off the controller and it also supports DS4. So can anyone name it?

Edit: Sykotik already beat me and with a link :)

Sykotik

I was getting 750kbps, my cap is 6.5mbps. Firefox apparently has a problem with MEGA? Try a different browser if you're using FF.

mackaveli

for better ds3 you need to install the xbox360 controller drivers on top. Then it should be listed as "xinput controller".

Any link to the xbox360 drivers?

I just installed the Microsoft 360 .exe or whatever on the site and still no luck.

PirateKing

I tried doing this but it's confusing. I tried installing etc., but cannot get the install window to look like the .jpg in this link http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=47326

Try to "Force Install" it.

Quick question regarding the fan translation, do I need to merge both game files before patch is applied? Never done it with two UMDs before.

Downloading the patch as we speak. Probably a dumb question since it most likely will have two files in the patch.

Luigi87

Try to to "Force Install" it.

Quick question regarding the fan translation, do I need to merge both game files before patch is applied? Never done it with two UMDs before.

Nope, you only need to rip one of the UMDs. The patcher will do the rest.

Anywho, Type-0's Moogles are the most adorable Moogles ever!

sensui-tomo

not sure if this is the place i can ask, but what are some good settings for this game on ppsspp? (in terms of having it look okay while running a constant 30-60 fps, either is fine but it has to be constant ))

not sure if this is the place i can ask, but what are some good settings for this game on ppsspp? (in terms of having it look okay while running a constant 30-60 fps, either is fine but it has to be constant ))

I was having some perf problems but noticed the adaptive power management setting of my video card was misbehaving. Manually changing it to Maximum Performance for ppsspp in the nvidia control panel fixed it for me.

Just finished the prologue/tutorial section. Game is awesome so far but holy cow that's a lot of characters with inventories to manage, it's a bit overwhelming lol

PirateKing

I was having some perf problems but noticed the adaptive power management setting of my video card was misbehaving. Manually changing it to Maximum Performance for ppsspp in the nvidia control panel fixed it for me.

Can you please tell me more on how to max performance manually an app through Nvidia control panel? I'd like to do that to three of my emulators if it will give me stable FPS for some games.

Sykotik

Rendering Resolution 6x is a good point if you have no performance issue, Texture Scaling off, Texture Filtering Linear. Anisotropic 16x. Mipmapping, Vertex Cache and speed hacks off if your rig can handle it, as it's more accurate.

There really isn't much more in the way of settings. I would assume Rendering Resolution is the most performance demanding setting, so turn that down if you aren't getting 100% speed.

But, this is all relative to how powerful your device is.

Zukuu

Banned

that depends entirely on your rig. I'm going with 5x resolution and it works at a constant 30 FPS without drops for me. Just lower it if you have hiccups until it runs smooth.

Can you please tell me more on how to max performance manually an app through Nvidia control panel? I'd like to do that to three of my emulators if it will give me stable FPS for some games.

Sure, go into "Manage 3D settings" in the control panel, click the Add button and select ppsspp (if you launched it recently it should be in the list otherwise browse the executable location), then set the "Power management mode" to be "Prefer maximum performance."

It should look something like this:
6Wv3QMk.png

Toki767

I haven't touched any of the default settings in PPSSPP. Should I be using particular rendering modes or filters and stuff?

SoulUnison

Banned
Boy I forgot how...cramped the PSP can be. Last game I really sat down and marathoned through was Birth By Sleep: Final Mix something like 3 years ago.

This game seems really great, but I can't go more than 15 minutes or so at a time without my hands falling asleep.

Aeana

I haven't touched any of the default settings in PPSSPP. Should I be using particular rendering modes or filters and stuff?

Defaults are fine, although I suggest cranking up the rendering resolution multiplier so you get supersampling going.

Jathaine

Seeing as this thread will be locked if there's an OT made... is it okay to use this thread for general discussion about the game at this point?

I guess no one's popped this onto a torrent somewhere or something? I'm trying two separate methods of downloading from Mega and I can't seem to get any further than 750MB before it just dies on me.

Top Bottom