• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

R people upset cause it's coming to X1
Not one person in this thread has complained about the X1 version. Only mad that someone screwed up big time saying there was a vita version when people have been asking for it for years. If the game released on all three everyone would be happy.

Renpatsu

I'm going to attempt to remain apathetic to this whole kerfuffle from now on, but has there ever been so quick a turn from hype to disappointment?

Zomba13

The ironic thing about this is that Vita fans were the ones doing petitions and trying to do what they can to get the game localised and when it finally comes over, it's not on the Vita.

It's a slap in the face, to be frank.

Also they've had a translation (at least the VA) done for years.

I'll take PS4 over Vita. As long as this means the following: 1080p 60fps and upgraded textures and upgraded character models. Make it look new gen and I'll behappy. Got plenty of shit on my Vita. My ps4 not so much:(

Prompto

Banned
Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.

This fucking thread hahahaha.

Moobabe

Seems a really strange "error" to make...

Surely Shahid would know if Type 0 was coming - right? If so surely he would know what platforms it was coming to?

Asd202

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

This guy are sick.

Authority

Banned
we did it people. we believed and another miracle happened.

HOLD ME!

NEXT STOP: THE LAST GUARDIAN AND FINAL FANTASY XV RELEASE DATES

Well not SE but,

U6LcVda.png

#Believingiswhatwedo

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Holy shit.

I'm not referring to the fact that SE didn't port this game to Vita. I'm talking about the fact that he mistakenly told us it was coming to Vita after reading the blog post

The blog post was made by S-E. I can't blame Shahid for S-E not knowing their own stuff.

Well, making self-deprecating jokes is probably the best way he could respond here, at least in public.

He's not going to get fired for this; it doesn't appear to have been his error anyway. Blame the PS Blog and Twitter.

This.

And at least he's gonna keep trying, now he's got extra leverage on S-E too lol.

Azull

Really no vita version? I suppose I can just remote play it but fuck me man. My vita is dying over here for some triple a games. I love me Indies but I didnt buy it for indies...

Khrno

It's a mobile designed game that people wanted to play on a portable. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Type-0 is far from being the original Agito game for mobile phones announced like 8 years ago, if you want to play some mobile designed game on a portable, go play -Agito-, it's actually being released on iOS (and maybe Android?).

If not then just remote play it from the PS4 to the Vita, I mean, all those Type-0 fans are sure to be FFXV/KH3 fans, so they should/will have a PS4 eventually, and this game isn't coming out tomorrow.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
what

the

actual

fuck

How is that a "fanboy" answer? It was just a joke... Vita fans are very sensitive.
This was a once handheld only title. I would buy this as a PSP or Vita release over console but that's all we got right now. Rejoice PS4 and XB owners.

LayLa

this is one of those parodies like the "i'm an expert" thing, right?

Fou-Lu

So on the one hand, I expected if Type-0 was ever officially localised it would be on Vita, and also that would be where I preferred it. On the other hand, we are getting a localization that most people had given up hope for, and not only that it's an HD remaster. Plus it's another game for my PS4.

I can't complain.

Arzehn

What I'm guessing happened is Shahid thought that the all versions would be announced today, but instead SE decided to only release the PS4/XB1 first then the Vita version down the line to try to get the most sales out of this.

Kaizer

Banned

The new "I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture - but I'm an EXPERT".

fates

I'll take PS4 over Vita. As long as this means the following: 1080p 60fps and upgraded textures and upgraded character models.

Those are some pretty lofty expectations.

I wonder why they opted not to go Vita, however. Did FFX Vita bomb that badly?

EDIT--

It's pretty obvious Derek was going for the next "I'm an expert" post. Falls short, though. Too much rage, not enough funny. Perhaps next year a better imitation will happen.

Cornbread78

Seriously, don't hate on Shahid.

He's awesome.

As far as I can see the post was made by Sakura Minamida at Square Enix. If you have to hate on someone (please don't) hate on him.

You know what to do GAF...

Mob-with-torches.gif

take to social media and to the SE members site.... that was a harmless yet evil and just plain mean and heartbreaking mistake.... he must feel the wrath of VITA owners...

This post is 'Final Fantasy XIII on 360' caliber.
._________..._________.

Is this what happens to you when you buy a vita?

I don't know which was better, y2kev going in on Team ICO, or Drek just imploding on SE. Probably Kisaya.

I almost lost it at work, damn. Will buy for PS4 or One next year.

Joqu

Well I missed the original announcement so I have to say I'm very glad it's coming over, especially with those seemingly improved graphics. Totally understand the disappointment in here though, this must have been an emotional roller coaster for you guys.

I mean I own a Vita and would've loved to play it on the go on it, make it happen Sony.

tekrapid

Neo Member
A HD version of aPSP game coming to the PS4 and not Vita? Well i'm in regardless, have waited long enough but damn if it isn't a strange choice of platform.

Top Bottom