• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

Skilletor

2 screenshots and a full-price, I think we can be safe now in saying this is more than just an HD a la FFX or KH. It's a proper full remake like the screenshots intend it to be. And they're taking preorders already, it seems the marketing campaign will probably start soon (I guess after summer with the TGS event and a 2015 march release?).

Dunno.

Or they're gouging since there's no easy way to play it in any language but Japanese.

DedValve

Banned
By full remake are we talking taking all the assets in HD with some new features or essentially recreating the game to make full use of the PS4/Xb1 capabilities as a next gen exclusive?

Nope. This ridiculous, I wanted this on Vita, but am very unlikely to get it on PS4 with all the other stuff coming out. They really are a terrible company these days.

That's over $100.... wtf? Why would this cost so much.

Because the game has basically been leprechaun's gold for a sizable portion of the FF fanbase? It doesn't shock me one bit that they would sell Type-0 HD at full price when they tried to do the same thing to Chrono Trigger DS years ago. Only difference here is that Type-0 has no previous official English release.

Takao

Banned
Square Enix said it was a remaster in their press release. If it was a remake, they would have shouted that from the tallest of buildings.

MechaX

Man, if the pre-release Type-0 is getting this much of a fervor, the hands-on impressions to the game when it comes out are going to be... interesting given this hype-train.

Takao

Banned
Think about the way this was announced. It wasn't at a press conference and there were no teases. It was announced during E3 downtime attached to the trailer of a phone game. That doesn't sound like a major thing to me.

Heck, look at the name, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. Square Enix's full blown remakes rarely (never?) have suffixes like that. A naming scheme like that has more in commmon with X | X-2 HD Remaster than the remakes on DS/mobile.

Because the game has basically been leprechaun's gold for a sizable portion of the FF fanbase? It doesn't shock me one bit that they would sell Type-0 HD at full price when they tried to do the same thing to Chrono Trigger DS years ago. Only difference here is that Type-0 has no previous official English release.

Full price? A full price game is never over $60 in the USA. Is it possible this game will actually be over 60 in the states? I was expecting this game to be 20-40. I must be an idiot.

JCreasy

I can't believe this. It won't even be using next-gen assets and they want full price? Really?

Talk about being divorced from reality. Uggh. I've completely lost confidence in this company.

Full price? A full price game is never over $60 in the USA. Is it possible this game will actually be over 60 in the states? I was expecting this game to be 20-40. I must be an idiot.

€69.99 being the base price in Europe doesn't give me much hope the US version will be cheap. I'd assume that price was a placeholder but its right on SE's site.

Renpatsu

Man, if the pre-release Type-0 is getting this much of a fervor, the hands-on impressions to the game when it comes out are going to be... interesting given this hype-train.
Having been playing it recently these are my thoughts exactly. Square has their work cut out for them if they intend to do right by the PS4/XBO audience.

AmanoBuff

I don't know if the pricing was already announced, but Square-Enix Europe just put pre-orders up. €69.99!!!!

I'm in tears, laughing.

LOL really!? Now I know why SQEX choose PS4/XBO for this game. The max price for any Vita game is $40.
I'd pay up to $60 to have this in HD on Vita.

That said, I wonder how much would a Vita release cost if this was simply the PSP game. PSP games go for $20 at most on PSN, so I guess that's another reason that makes this not viable on Vita for now as well.

Type-0 was never released before anywhere outside of Japan, so SQEX is totally in their right to charge full price for it.

Charging more than $60 though... yeah, good luck with that SQEX.

teiresias

This company just continues to make fools of themselves. Shall we start a betting pool whether Lightning gets crammed in this somewhere (assume she's not in the original).

Its probably a placeholder price.

That price is on the actual Square-Enix store, not somewhere like Amazon.

Valkyria

Banned

After reaching chapter 3, I can tell you that people is gonna be super disappointed when they play it on PS4. This is a totally portable game, from missions to time management.

After reaching chapter 3, I can tell you that people is gonna be super disappointed when they play it on PS4. This is a totally portable game, from missions to time management.

I guess they think they might as well rope in as many people as they can at €69.99 then

This company just continues to make fools of themselves. Shall we start a betting pool whether Lightning gets crammed in this somewhere (assume she's not in the original).

That price is on the actual Square-Enix store, not somewhere like Amazon.

There's a character that bares a strong resemblance to Lightining in Type-0. Their personalities are completely different, though.

HeelPower

Probably some pricing error/placeholder.I amnot buying this at full price if that's the case.Its a game designed around freaking psp limitations and one whose quality is still up in the air for me.

I disliked crisiscore and Turd bday so I don't consider Tabata to be some god.

Also this game isn't even well known unless you are an attentive SE follower.

People should stop perpetuating that this is a full remake.Its gonna a beefy remaster, hopefully.

Well, it is... one that took longer than the original game to make!

AnUbj8S.gif

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

This game will be another Lightning Returns game: it'll get lots of hate just for existing.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Pricing seems really fine to me, afterall TOMB RAIDER PS4/ONE and similar products have been sold for 59,00/64,00 euros with just little changes, and weren't even new games when republished. Type-0 on the other hand it's first a full new game for most of the world and second it's more a remake than what TR was for PS4. It'll definitive require more efforts to develop giving how much of it will get to be rebuild from scratch to adapt the game from PSP, plus add to this the huge amount of work for translation and dubbing in english.

It's the right price.

if they are trying to sell this for $70, they should change the title to FF15 and push 15 to 16.

naming it with 'hd' in the title will just make people google the game and realize they are paying $70 for a psp port.

jimmypython

if this is the image quality we get, at least the character model is good....

but I don't see why PS3/360 can't handle this (dat flat ground).

AKQ.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pricing seems really fine to me, afterall TOMB RAIDER PS4/ONE and similar products have been sold for 59,00/64,00 euros with just little changes, and weren't even new games when republished. Type-0 on the other hand it's first a full new game for most of the world and second it's more a remake than what TR was for PS4. It'll definitive require more efforts to develop giving how much of it will get to be rebuild from scratch to adapt the game from PSP, plus add to this the huge amount of work for translation and dubbing in english.

It's the right price.

Stop being such an apologist.

Thorakai

It's the right price.

are you being serious

HeelPower

It's the right price.
This is just like TLoU remaster too......Yeah.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If it means anything wasn't Vanilla Type 0 like $80? I remember it being a high premium when first released in late 2011.

Top Bottom