• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senoculum

The mind is a finicky thing, those HD screenshots are exactly what I remember when playing the PS2 version. I guess my imagination filled in the blanks (and jaggies).

Subaru

It's... beautiful! =O

Can't wait to play it again!
Hope there is crossbuy/good price to buy both versions.

The mind is a finicky thing, those HD screenshots are exactly what I remember when playing the PS2 version. I guess my imagination filled in the blanks (and jaggies).

The worst part in FFX is that every character have Parkinson's. The flickering is terrible - especially that I can't remember ANY Dremacast game with flickering.

Hobbun

Wasn't expecting a NA/EU site just yet. I wonder if that means they might fast-track the localization so there isn't a delay like what happened with KH 1.5.

This is what I am hoping as well, I never expected to see a NA/EU site now.

Keeps fingers crossed for this year. Don’t care that KH 1.5 HD is already coming out.

PDRy1zO.jpg

Great price tag, I will get it on PS3. I never gave another chance to FFX even though I liked it a lot so that'd be a nice occasion.

When have any of these "HD" games/collections done anything visually BESIDES a higher rendering resolution/framerate?

It wasn't announced as HD Remaster, that's why many people argued it could have been a full remake.

Durante

Wasn´t it obvious from the beginning?
It isn't really a HD remaster in the traditional sense though. None of the games released as "HD remasters" so far had sweeping asset improvements on this level (the vast majority are just straight ports rendered at higher resolution).

I will probably only buy them for Vita. PCSX2 took some of the magic out of these HD remasters since they already ran nearly perfectly in 1080p on there.

A few months after the announcement, an extremely dubious rumor went around that it was a full remake using the Luminous Engine.

If they were going to then I hope they would have a skip option for that awkward as hell laugh Tidus and Yuna did after the 1st Bliztball tournament.

That and change Lulu's ultimate weapon requirement to a smaller amount or something different.

Also some more improvements like being able to punch Seymour in the face before he forces Yuna into a kiss.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
omgggg.

Wait, the one where they're showing Lulu, Wakka, and Auron is the laughing scene.

Hobbun

It’s looking fabulous. Each shot crisp and clean. Will definitely be buying this on my PS3.

Dammit, it’s too early to get excited!

Pooya

It isn't really a HD remaster in the traditional sense though. None of the games released as "HD remasters" so far had sweeping asset improvements on this level (the vast majority are just straight ports rendered at higher resolution).

Stranger's Wrath.

Ridley327

I think that only Stranger's Wrath HD and RE:R HD compares to it on that level. Squenix definitely put in some solid work here.

What I'm curious to see now is what they did for the environments that used pre-rendered backgrounds. None of the screens depict any of those moments, so I'm curious to see if they just went with higher-res assets, or they wound up making them fully polygonal.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Please let the Vita version be native resolution. I cry every time I pick up Persona 4.

kpk15QU.gif

This is awesome, looking forward to spending hours upon hours trying to complete the Arena, hehe.

I wonder what sort of thophies they've added...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom