• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveirg

Don't get your hopes up. 95% chance they're just going to be streaming the original soundtrack recordings from the disc.

95%, really?

-They specifically said that they improved sound quality.

-They actually re-recorded 66 tracks with orchestra for KH 1.5 remix.

-Pretty much every FF other S-E remake ever done has had a revamped OST: FF1, 2, 3, 4, Tactica Ogre PSP, DQVII, etc.

Esura

Banned
No. The strategy is to a Gunner in critical health with Cat Nip so she can chain Trigger Happy at him. The other two girls just need to survive and revive the Gunner.

Cat Nip is a pretty silly item, glad it's "nerfed" in International.

Uh, why? I liked Cat Nip. Probably would of never beaten final boss
Shuyin and Vegnagun
without it. Kind of a hype killer right there.

Atlantis

Shuyin and Vegnagun

Well besides being pretty broken, it's just boring to me. Too good to not use, but not fun while doing so.

Not sure why you'd need it for the final boss, the monsters/bosses in the Via Infinito (Where you pick it up) are more difficult.

Cels

so i'm late to this thread. What content are we not getting that would prevent this from being a truly "complete" version of the game?

Seda

so i'm late to this thread. What content are we not getting that would prevent this from being a truly "complete" version of the game?

Everything is in the OP.

The Last Mission portion of FFX-2, sometimes considered a separate and additional thing from the 'International' content of X-2, may not be in the package. Nothing is confirmed.

Why not just not use cat nip? Seems pretty avoidable if you ask me.

As with any game-breaking exploit, I try to not abuse it (occasionally if I'm on a second playthrough or something I suppose). I'd hope those type exploits get fixed upon rereleases or patched.

DR2K

Banned
It's hard not to use a broken attack/weapon/whatever when the option's there.

It's not really. FF8 is an example of a game you can break easily, but works since you can just as easily make it more difficult by not using those methods. It's a nice level of customization really.

95%, really?

-They specifically said that they improved sound quality.

-They actually re-recorded 66 tracks with orchestra for KH 1.5 remix.

-Pretty much every FF other S-E remake ever done has had a revamped OST: FF1, 2, 3, 4, Tactica Ogre PSP, DQVII, etc.

They did way over 66 tracks, closer to 80 I think. 66 was the target at the beginning I think.
Edit:
I first heard from Mr Kawamori that there were 66 tracks, and even as I was gasping about that number, it steadily increased (laughs).

I fully expect the whole X soundtrack to be remastered and something like few key tracks of X-2. They did the same with 1.5 with whole KH1FM remixed and few tracks from Re:CoM.

Honestly, the game is already super easy, Cat Nip just makes things quicker. That said, if they nerfed that, have other things also been rebalanced?
Shuyin and Vegnagun
If you're having trouble with the Final Bosses, just use Special Dresspheres.

Shahed

Ah I see. I remember him now and doing something with Trigger Happy. Just couldn't remember what. I definitely remember using 3 Gunners in one fight. Didn't perma lock the boss. They got the occasional attack off, but it did it's job. There was another I believe where every attack the boss did was guaranteed to kill you, but they only targeted one person at a time? Just constantly attacked and never bothered with healing. Only used Phoenix Down when necessary and just kept on attacking.

I might have details mixed up though. FFX-2 is one of the few FF's I've never replayed. I only completed it the one time at launch.
Honestly, the game is already super easy, Cat Nip just makes things quicker. That said, if they nerfed that, have other things also been rebalanced?

If you're having trouble with the Final Bosses, just use Special Dresspheres.

Got bad memories about Special Dresspheres! I recall a boss on the earlier floors of Via Infinico petrifies and shatters you. I spent a good deal of time maxing out the Special Dressheres for the Ribbon ability to nullify that. I was looking forward to tanking the petrify move. But it just ignored Ribbon and shattered me anyways. All that time wasted...

Atlantis

It's not really. FF8 is an example of a game you can break easily, but works since you can just as easily make it more difficult by not using those methods. It's a nice level of customization really.

Well, in the case of FFVIII, the way to not break the game is to simply follow a rule of "don't use anything available to you, ever." :p

Honestly, the game is already super easy, Cat Nip just makes things quicker. That said, if they nerfed that, have other things also been rebalanced

I don't think so. Before any small changes, the game could really use just a stat multiplier on enemies or something, they're just not dangerous as they are now.

Got bad memories about Special Dresspheres! I recall a boss on the earlier floors of Via Infinico petrifies and shatters you. I spent a good deal of time maxing out the Special Dressheres for the Ribbon ability to nullify that. I was looking forward to tanking the petrify move. But it just ignored Ribbon and shattered me anyways. All that time wasted...

Huh, I don't remember that. Do you remember what it looked like?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So the OST will have improved quality and not rerecorded like the one in KH1.5HD?

It's Chac, she can Petrify you through immunity but the attack can be dodged.

She's also the stunlockable boss I was talking about earlier.

Oh. I'd already moved on to other games a little after getting past floor 60, I think.
So the OST will have improved quality and not rerecorded like the one in KH1.5HD?
Either way, we get an even better version of Eternity, right? I ain't complainin'.

Rpgmonkey

Apparently there were a bunch of tweaks to the enemies, such as Trema having 0 MP consumption and some enemy attacks now use MP. But I can't find a complete, detailed listing for this and I don't have the original version to compare anything.

But with those nerfs/changes also came stuff like the creature capture system letting you use some of the FFX characters and other powerful people/creatures.

zanyu

Huh, I don't remember that. Do you remember what it looked like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyczeYBnqv4

Yuna becomes a flower
Paine has a sword suit
Rikku just gets a baddass machina.

These were fun to use, but I felt lack luster. As they replaced your other two teammates, which could have done more.

For catnip, I think it's definitely an item that needed to be nerfed because of trigger happy.
But honestly, they could have just simply made it not work for that one ability. Not sure if it would be worthwhile using anymore though just because you had to be critical health (Near death) to have the effect.

Edit:
Also I know some people haven't played the game, I'm trying to figure out what I should and shouldn't be spoiler tagging. The game has been out for a few years and I feel like at times I'm spoiler-tagging everything. >.<

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
so happy this is getting localized into my native language with Japanese VA.

? There is no confirmation that this is coming out in other countries with Japanese V.A. isn't it?

Seda

I guess that makes me look like an ass, assuming by localization we are talking about the Americas, Australia, or Europe. :/

Soriku

Apparently there were a bunch of tweaks to the enemies, such as Trema having 0 MP consumption and some enemy attacks now use MP. But I can't find a complete, detailed listing for this and I don't have the original version to compare anything.

But with those nerfs/changes also came stuff like the creature capture system letting you use some of the FFX characters and other powerful people/creatures.

There's an International Changes FAQ on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/918914-final-fantasy-x-2-international-last-mission/faqs/30013

Yeah looking around now, I see a few mentions of versions with Chinese text and Japanese voice or such.

http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/news/pressDetail/307360

Looks like this PR lists 2 versions, the "Traditional Chinese" version, which has Japanese audio and Chinese text and the "English Language" version, which says English audio and text.
That's the news I was waiting for! Thank you Square :)

EDIT: Apparently it won't be like XIII and XIII-2. Bad, BAD SQUARE!

Bladenic

Cat Nip doesn't even break the game. You get so incredibly late that it's really only there for the last boss (and if you have Cat Nip, then the final boss is already embarrassing) and the final few optional bosses. NG+ I guess would be broken... But starting with every dressphere is more than enough already.

As for the special dresspheres, they were cool looking but not very practical to use tbh.

Ixion

Blitzball was just too long for matches, and just overall unchallenging once you obtained the best players.

Too long? Each match took about 5-7 minutes (since the time was sped up).

I do agree with your other point though. That's the one major flaw with Blitzball. Once you get a good team, it's impossible to lose.

zanyu

Too long? Each match took about 5-7 minutes (since the time was sped up).

I do agree with your other point though. That's the one major flaw with Blitzball. Once you get a good team, it's impossible to lose.

Oh really? Okay my bad, I just remember the 5 minutes to 5 minutes in FFX.

It's fun for a few games, and then just got incredibly boring. I think someone mentioned it here or maybe on gamefaqs, blitzball could have been utterly amazing if they have some Z-axis gameplay, and a few more tweaks overall. You are in a sphere pool, yet you play like you're on a soccer field.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Usually the English Asian (no Japanese dubs) version will ship simultaneously with the the US version, a day before the US version ships. Kinda like FFXIII.

Atlantis

As for the special dresspheres, they were cool looking but not very practical to use tbh.

Using the special dresspheres was fine, but leveling them was such a chore. =/

Oh, and according to the FFX-2 Int. Changes FAQ mentioned above, the speed of scrolling through the menus has increased, which is awesome.

Yeah read my post carefully. The Asian version is Chinese (or Korean apparently?) Text with Japanese voices. No English.

The excitement made me jump to conslusions...
Still, it's sad that XIII-2 has english text and X not. I hope they just forgot to include it in the PR.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'll play it in Chinese this time lol... But I'm not sure how the chinese translation is like. Oh well.

Squire

Banned
Usually the English Asian (no Japanese dubs) version will ship simultaneously with the the US version, a day before the US version ships. Kinda like FFXIII.

I think this'll be like XIII-2: a basically simultaneous launch. Any gap won't exceed a month.

Aurizen

I think this'll be like XIII-2: a basically simultaneous launch. Any gap won't exceed a month.

I believe it, I hope those rumors that said a june launch were correct. but at 70/50 % that may or may not be probable. I mean it is like 3 months. dunno how much the department can get done.

Bladenic

I believe it, I hope those rumors that said a june launch were correct. but at 70/50 % that may or may not be probable. I mean it is like 3 months. dunno how much the department can get done.

I doubt it'll be out in NA before the KH collection. Though the thought of playing KH1 and FFX at or near the same time has me giddy, they were my first PS2 games.

Ixion

It's fun for a few games, and then just got incredibly boring. I think someone mentioned it here or maybe on gamefaqs, blitzball could have been utterly amazing if they have some Z-axis gameplay, and a few more tweaks overall. You are in a sphere pool, yet you play like you're on a soccer field.

That would be cool, but a lot of people already think Blitzball is too complicated for some reason. It would have taken a lot of care to add verticality to Blitzball and still have it be intuitive and accessible.

Aurizen

I doubt it'll be out in NA before the KH collection. Though the thought of playing KH1 and FFX at or near the same time has me giddy, they were my first PS2 games.

I guess we'll see maybe this week or in the month of april we'll get some more news, after the official announcement news has been trickling.

duckroll

The excitement made me jump to conslusions...
Still, it's sad that XIII-2 has english text and X not. I hope they just forgot to include it in the PR.

It's not a mistake. FFXIII-2 was announced as "Chinese and English Combined Edition" while this is clearly announced as just a "Chinese Language Edition". Dealwithit.

Exentryk

New Famitsu developer interview is up. Has some new screenshots.

eGuxqQQ.jpg

rfCOpH4.jpg

n1bPbxg.jpg

mgX8eFn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom