• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirotrom

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I did, actually, late last week. I think I even left you feedback in the buy/sell/trade thread. How's the bike?
Great!, The bike is fantastic... I'll post pics of the bike and my equipment soon in the July pick up thread. Also, you owned Lighting and Basch in that other thread hardcore:lol :lol

Diablos said:
What specific areas?

I always assumed that for FF7-9, the entire game world fit on one disc; the only thing that made it require more was the video.

i'm fairly certain it was a design decision rather than a space issue. on the 3rd disc of ff7 they still had 150mb of space to spare.

FrankT

So is he mad that he spent ~$200 extra when he didn't need to? Does he really, really hate the PS3 and mad at S-E because they made him believe he was forced to buy it? Is he a HUGE Sony fanboy who thought the PS3 would dominate and is only now resolving his cognitive dissonance?

The mind boggles.

By the way, I thought that some of you might get a kick out of this blast from the past. It's chock full of healthy, delicious crow for just about everyone in it.

el Diablo said:
Why yes, i did read the article. Read to me that he wanted Sony to get their act together concerning the PS3. Reading between the lines it reads get your schtick together or else we'll continue to take our sweet arse time with FFXIII or even worse slap it on another system and make it multiplatform.

:lol

Called it.

By the way, I thought that some of you might get a kick out of this blast from the past. It's chock full of healthy, delicious crow for just about everyone in it.

Lightning said:
For Sony in Japan, no title is more important for the PS3 then Final Fantasy XIII. FFXIII is the only title that will move enough systems in the region that will make the PS3 viable enough to make money in Japan.

So if S-E take it multiplatform that is the worst possible blow for the PS3. It is with out a doubt their biggest 3rd party exclusive and the game that will have the most impact worldwide.

You're absolutely right. FFXIII is firmly set in stone for the PS3, just like how MonsterHunter 3 is. I mean, surely, once a company has made an announcement, they're bound to said announcement, amirite? Guys?
Comparing S-E to the idiots at Capcom is about the stupidest thing one could do...

Basch said:
Yes. Wait... :lol

Capcom is known for multi-platform development, though. Square Enix? Not so much.

Dante said:
I don't think Capcom had invested the time and money into MH3 as SE has in the White Engine and FFXIII, also the big bold "Exclusively on PS3" bumper that was supposedly added on the TGS trailer kinda puts that to rest.

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
You're absolutely right. FFXIII is firmly set in stone for the PS3, just like how Monster Hunter 3 is. I mean, surely, once a company has made an announcement, they're bound to said announcement, amirite? Guys?
SolidSnakex said:
Unbelievable.

SolidSnakex said:
It was? Because as recently as TGS of this year Square showed a FFXIII trailer that ended with "For Playstation 3 Only", which wasn't in previous trailers.

Lightning said:
What you are arguing there is a similar case to MGS4 but S-E have not even remotely hinted that they are considering taking this game multi-platform. This is all us and our reading into something that is not actually there.

The profit for XIII lies in it's Japan sales and they won't get them on the 360 regardless. Just ask Koei about Musou 5 and Konami about PES08 to find that out.

It was? Because as recently as TGS of this year Square showed a FFXIII trailer that ended with "For Playstation 3 Only", which wasn't in previous trailers.

No to mention Nomura's comments on how S-E intend to take full advantage of the PS3 specs which is not possible in multiplatform games and he has confirmed exclusive since TGS twice and S-E are making trailers. They are closed but they are there.

With MH3, we saw nothing. No trailers, no screenshots, no Capcom talk. The game dropped dead after announcement.

Basch said:
Tetsuya Nomura wouldn't let that happen in the first place. He's a PS3 fan. You know it. :D

Oh it will do better than ok. You will need to start raising your estimates on that one.

They will start to pick up some recognition. It will perform pretty well, though.

I'm sure it will do fine. Of course not FFXIII levels, but...

That's one I forgot to mention. But yeah, it will be a hit in Europe and possibly Japan as well. America? Now that's a question.

Anyway you look at it, I wasn't saying any individual game would be seeing sales like that of Final Fantasy. Rather, I was simply pointing out that all of these great games combined will be pushing systems left and right. I think we'll begin to see this as early as March - June.

Defuser said:
Square doesn't announced exclusive games in the beginning then few months later turn around and kick in the balls by announcing multiplatform. Capcom is guilty of that on many occasions.
Last generation is Nintendo with Killer7,Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4.
This generation is Sony with Devil May Cry 4 and Monster Hunter 3.

the last quote kills me :lol

t0va said:
hmmm so little the knowledge of Asperbergers. it's a form of autism. he's totally got it. read up on it.

Possible. Then again that is one of the most self-diagnosed conditions people claim to have on the internet (self-diagnosed as in they didn't go to the doctor, they just read wikipedia and then decided they had aspergers).

Could also be a brilliant fake post or someone drunk or stoned (spelling is probably too good for either) as well.

The internet: Sometimes you just can't tell.

thrasher said:
Didn't wanna start a thread but are these screens from the 360 version? I thought development for 360 version hadn't started yet.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/finalfantasyxiii/screenshots.html

it's not.

00273691.jpg

but is this new image? ;o

zoku88

chandoog said:
the DQIX thread reached 100 pages, right ?
Did it?

More confirmation that DQ > FF ;P

I'm still bitter about it going to the DS, though... At least it's coming, I guess...

Dabanton

The first couple of pages of this thread are stone cold classics.:lol

Reading the OP post and everyone shouting him down before it was confirmed was an sight to behold then the weasels went back and edited their original responses. :lol

mr_bishiuk said:
I really dont understand?!! Why would the fact the game is coming out on a non sony console as well bother him so much? Especially as he seems to be an FF fanboy rather than a Sony one and he can still play it on his PS3!!

I cant imagine a Halo fan being upset if the game ever came out on PS3, mental
If that happens you wouldn't see it in the forums as much as you would hear it on Live in the form of even more agressive behavior.

There may even be a couple of actual homicides as well.

mauaus

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

What a muppet... i kid i kid

bumpkin

mauaus said:
:lol Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Much like how Square originally made games for Nintendo systems and then decided to take it to the PlayStation instead of the N64? Yeah, they sure hated Square and boycotted their games for honor and shame that time.

-Kh-

Banned
bumpkin said:
:lol Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Much like how Square originally made games for Nintendo systems and then decided to take it to the PlayStation instead of the N64? Yeah, they sure hated Square and boycotted their games for honor and shame that time.

neogaf_av.gif

RpgN

mauaus said:

Why did you revive this thread from the dead?

And yes, it's a secret honour code. No one will buy SE games now :D

(in case you were doubting, it's a sarcastic comment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom