• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people saying "360 swap discs lol" -

When did swapping discs become such an issue? I just passed the first disc of Lost Odyssey and it took me all of 15 seconds to swap and begin playing again.

Burn, I guess?

Quazar

ShadyMilkman said:

When did swapping discs become such an issue? I just passed the first disc of Lost Odyssey and it took me all of 15 seconds to swap and begin playing again.

Burn, I guess?

It's system wars shit, that's it. It's on 360 now, so they have to pick everything apart they can.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I doubt the ps3 version will have trophies, hopefully the 360 version will have achievements. I want to buy it on 360 just because of the fanboys even though i have a 60 gig ps3.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
ChrisGoldstein said:
I doubt the ps3 version will have trophies, hopefully the 360 version will have achievements. I want to buy it on 360 just because of the fanboys even though i have a 60 gig ps3.
Trophies will be forced by then. It will have trophies.

Big-E

ChrisGoldstein said:

360 versions would have to have achievements. Its a TCR.

Zoe

BobsRevenge said:

It's still possible it won't. The whole reason it's not enforceable immediately is because of games already in development. If enforcement is something that comes along during initial contracts, then that boat would have sailed long ago.

Nolan.

BobsRevenge said:

I'm not too sure about that bit I mean they haven't even implemented any motion features, not that i'm complaining just surprised.

HolyStar

Banned
BobsRevenge said:

ani.gif

Don't know why Microsoft gets shit for copying companies when Sony copied the Wii and the 360 with trophies. Which are kind of pointless if they aren't in every game.

batbeg

ShadyMilkman said:

Burn, I guess?

I don't like it because it's more opportunity for me to scratch discs :(

Though it's blown way out of proportion.

HolyStar said:
Don't know why Microsoft gets shit for copying companies when Sony copied the Wii and the 360 with trophies. Which are kind of pointless if they aren't in every game.

How relevant.

K7 Avenger said:
I just wanted to say how excited I am. Can't afford a PS3 for a long time, actually bought MGS4 and played it at my friends. Now I can just buy FF13 and play it on my 360. I don't care if I have to swap discs, I don't have to spend more money :D

Wow. Kojima thanks you, man.

Pachael

ShadyMilkman said:

Burn, I guess?

Swapping discs started as an issue when FFVII came out (where non-Sony fans used 'swapping discs' as a negative point).

Choabac

Pachael said:
Swapping discs started as an issue when FFVII came out (where non-Sony fans used 'swapping discs' as a negative point).

I remember actually using the 3 discs of FFVII as an excuse for my Father to purchase it for me. "Look Dad, it's basically 3 games for the price of one!"

It worked. :lol

I can't be any happier that I opted to buy a 360. Always been an RPGamer and boy am I glad that 360 turned out to be the RPG console of this generation.

DataBot

Choabac said:
I remember actually using the 3 discs of FFVII as an excuse for my Father to purchase it for me. "Look Dad, it's basically 3 games for the price of one!".

It worked. :lol

LOL nice 1 :lol .

Yeah, these trailers have really grown to be redundant.

The good thing at least is we should finally have a rock solid date for actual substantial new footage. I'd be shocked not to see anything new of quantity at TGS.

HolyStar said:
Lets wait until TGS.
Don't expect to see anything 360 related with FF XIII at TGS. That event is for Japanese gamers and the Japanese 360 will not be seeing Final Fantasy XIII. But I'm sure the threads for the PS3 gameplay videos will still be loaded with comparison bullshit.

robor

Larson Conway said:
I can't be any happier that I opted to buy a 360. Always been an RPGamer and boy am I glad that 360 turned out to be the RPG console of this generation.

It is good I must say. A lot of jRPG action on the 360, but there seems to be one more problem the 360 has; no next gen Shin Megami Tensei.....................ouch.

DarK FaZe said:
The good thing at least is we should finally have a rock solid date for actual substantial new footage. I'd be shocked not to see anything new of quantity at TGS.

Wada makes finalizations on multi-platform availability at E3. Wada unveils in-game content at TGS (and possibly a release date). Seems pretty logical to me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aru said:
Wrong. The battle sequences (those with and without HUD) in that big tunnel and the forest sequence are in-game footage.
How do you know that? I mean, the forest sequence?

The battle sequences have always struck me as faked-- either rendered to spec or just complete mockups. I've held out hope, but....um...they spell Blizzard wrong. And you'd think, at least, that if it was real footage, they'd have fixed it somewhere over the course of the last two years.

FFChris

Y2Kev said:

The battle sequences have always struck me as faked-- either rendered to spec or just complete mockups. I've held out hope, but....um...they spell Blizzard wrong. And you'd think, at least, that if it was real footage, they'd have fixed it somewhere over the course of the last two years.

I'm pretty sure they are mockups to show what they are aiming for. The battle sequence specifically is what, two years old now? No way would they have had the engine and battle system in that good of a state and not have shown us anymore in game footage from then to now.

Y2Kev

FFChris said:
I'm pretty sure they are mockups to show what they are aiming for. The battle sequence specifically is what, two years old now? No way would they have had the engine and battle system in that good of a state and not have shown us anymore in game footage from then to now.

That would be part of my argument if I were going to go into detail. I'm not saying the final game won't look like that, but I doubt that's running real time on any PS3 anywhere...I believed it was two years ago, though.

An the forest stuff looks way too good to be real time to me.

lostxii

DevilWillcry said:
Don't expect to see anything 360 related with FF XIII at TGS. That event is for Japanese gamers and the Japanese 360 will not be seeing Final Fantasy XIII. But I'm sure the threads for the PS3 gameplay videos will still be loaded with comparison bullshit.

Why would we need anything 360 related considering they already explained the plan for both versions. Most people just want to hear about the game in general.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Y2Kev said:
That would be part of my argument if I were going to go into detail. I'm not saying the final game won't look like that, but I doubt that's running real time on any PS3 anywhere...I believed it was two years ago, though.

An the forest stuff looks way too good to be real time to me.

You better watch out man.

I got banned for a week back in 2006 for expressing my doubt that the trailer was real-time.

Didn't they just finish up the engine / toolset sometime this year?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Aru said:
Wrong. The battle sequences (those with and without HUD) in that big tunnel and the forest sequence are in-game footage.

i'd say target render at this point

also Lightning walking in that "jungle"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Y2Kev said:

Uh, clearly this part:
ffxiii_tgs_02.jpg

is not as good looking as this part:

ffxiii.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
this close to japanese launch and no footage in a LOOOoooooong time. They better bring it on a TGS (whenever that is). also no, showing (?) of last remanent? SE is becoming a bit of a joke. Mistwalker has 2 upped them.

Y2Kev

I understand it's not all FMV, Seiken. But I don't believe that "gameplay" footage is real time/in-game and not just a rendered to spec mock up.

Rpgmonkey

Blizz is so rad.

I wonder what the in-game stuff (and the battle system set up) look like now. It's been years since we've seen anything, even any target-renders...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zoe said:
^ You might want to switch the order of those :lol
God damnit :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom