• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh well, if anything I'll rush through the first chapter or so to keep up with everyone else.
Haha, no other way of doing it really! :lol (unless you mean skipping the cutscenes, which I don't advice, obviously)!

CentroXer

Banned
Why couldn't it be a Final Fantasy XIII International edition release with extra content? S-E started doing those for FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII.

The extra content for FFXII was fantastic.

Tizoc

We should all stop talking about that dumb broad Lighting and talk about the real unsung protag of FF13:
Sazh/Sahz

Dude has a chocobo chick in his 'fro how can you hate a dude like that?

Those review scores are laughable.

HeelPower

Why couldn't it be a Final Fantasy XIII International edition release with extra content? S-E started doing those for FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII.

Unfortunately no significant additonal content :/

What I know is that there a few tweaks and easy mode.

Lets hope the game gets an awesome modding community though!

Haha, no other way of doing it really! :lol (unless you mean skipping the cutscenes, which I don't advice, obviously)!
Oh well, guess I'll be sleeping late trying to catch up then.

With the lack of marketing this port had it's not really surprising that it's just a very basic port of the PS3 game.

I'd also think that whatever they wanted to include in an International version they just used for XIII-2 and LR.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh well! Heading to bed... at least this thread turned out good!

Everything else was bad though (Bloodborne beta... why, Sony... WHY ;_;)

G'night ya'll :3

I'm down. Want to see if the tutorial is 30 hours long, as people have told me.
as someone who likes the game, its about 20 hours long

its really silly, the combat and progression stays locked up throughout that part of the game, and thats where all the linearity people complain about is. Once you get through all of that the combat and world open up really well. Gran Pulse is amazing to explore and the paradigm shift system is fantastic once all your characters have access to all 6 jobs

CentroXer

Banned
what's wrong with bloodborne all of a sudden?

as someone who likes the game, its about 20 hours long

its really silly, the combat and progression stays locked up throughout that part of the game, and thats where all the linearity people complain about is. Once you get through all of that the combat and world open up really well. Gran Pulse is amazing to explore and the paradigm shift system is fantastic once all your characters have access to all 6 jobs

you know what I thought was impressive? Titan roaming in the background.

Yoshichan

Calm down people, I'm just salty as living shit that I didn't get an invite. That's all ._.

Yoshichan

Does from not see these forums and see you are the souls hype machine?
Apparently not! I remember at Dreamhack, Stockholm, I spent almost the entire event (3 days) at the Namco Bandai booth, replaying the Dark Souls 2 demo over and over again. I think I spent a total of 40 hours there. The entire event is like 72 hours.

At least the guys at Namco seemed to like me!

HeelPower

Apparently not! I remember at Dreamhack, Stockholm, I spent almost the entire event (3 days) at the Namco Bandai booth, replaying the Dark Souls 2 demo over and over again. I think I spent a total of 40 hours there. The entire event is like 72 hours.

Hype mongering lol

cerulily

I am secretly super duper hyped for this release. But can only play it in the dark of night, else my boyfriend will be overcome with shame for my video game taste.

cafemomo

edit: suppadoopa has already donated this game (on 360) to another GAFer. Goddess bless him!

I'll probably give another copy of XIII to someone after the PC release date

If i am feeling cheeky enough, I'll throw in a physical copy of all the poetry ramblings esura and I did
brweVcv.jpg
9RLXASW.jpg

Yoshichan

I am secretly super duper hyped for this release. But can only play it in the dark of night, else my boyfriend will be overcome with shame for my video game taste.
Do what I do. I was once ashamed of liking this game as well - but one day, I was like "fuck it" - and put My Hands on Spotify and turned up the volume so everyone around me could hear it. I was from that day forth "the crazy FFXIII-dude".

No regrets.

No regrets.

Yoshichan

I'll probably give another copy of XIII to someone after the PC release date

If i am feeling cheeky enough, I'll throw in a physical copy of all the poetry ramblings esura and I did
brweVcv.jpg
9RLXASW.jpg
OH MY GOD, THAT THREAD! I remember that thread so well, haha...

Man, my passion back then was... immense, to say the least!

I just played through it on console and beat it on Sunday morning. I don't think I'll do it again anytime soon. So glad it's over.

It's a pretty game at times but not even close to being a great Final Fantasy game.

I'll leave you with this..... "fal'Cie, Coccon, l'Cie, fal'Cie, Coccon, l'Cie, fal'Cie, Coccon, l'Cie, fal'Cie, Coccon, l'Cie, fal'Cie, Coccon, l'Cie" You will hear those words A LOT.

Yoshichan

Dude, I wrote those lines. I'm serious. Who stole them from me @@

Esura?
Wow! Shit just got real :lol

In bed... How am I supposed to be able to sleep with all this tension?!

Edit: oh, suppa comes and saves the day :lol so much for copyright drama!

LuuKyK

Woohoo! Thanks for the thread Yoshi! Looks amazing and full of great advice.

Its so weird how this re-launch is making me feel all nostalgic, even though this isnt even that old of a game. I just remember searching like crazy for streams during the japanese launch and being absolutely amazed at how good the game looked even in that shitty stream quality. :') good times.

Also, I really hope I win one of the copies on the giveaway because I am in no condition to buy games right now, sadly. :( But even if I dont I will consider replaying it on PS3 just because. :p

Yoshichan

For those who're interested in the giveaway, just keep checking the thread sometime tomorrow!

It'll be a 24-hour thing so no need to worry about missing it out if you're in a different time zone and whatnot.

Raitningz

Well shit looks like I have to do another reprint of the book to credit you

I'll send you a copy should you live in the states

No, I don't, it's fine. I made those threads on GameFAQs, lol. There's more where that came from, but these few I could find..

Wow! Shit just got real :lol

In bed... How am I supposed to be able to sleep with all this tension?!

Edit: oh, suppa comes and saves the day :lol so much for copyright drama!

Eh, no need for drama or anything, I was just curious lol

FourMyle

I dropped this game right after I got to the huge open field with the giant turtles. Really not sure if I want to force myself through 20 hours of what amounts to a tutorial before I can get to where I left off.

Maybe I can pick up someone's save game hmm

Mesoian

I dropped this game right after I got to the huge open field with the giant turtles. Really not sure if I want to force myself through 20 hours of what amounts to a tutorial before I can get to where I left off.

Heh, you dropped it the moment the game really gets going.

If no one else does before me, I could totally do something like this when I get there.

Any word on if this will have an option for Japanese VO?
I'm pretty sure that only Asia/Japan Steam will get both, I think we get English only.

That being said, I suppose that is one of the mods we could expect if they don't support it.

sharnaak

I know that I really shouldn't but I'll buy it once again, it wasn't the best of the series but I had my share of fun with it, and it's going to be gorgeous on pc.
I might even consider going for the 100% of the optional quests this time...

Interesting how even the people who didn't like the game still completed it 100%.

Maybe the side content is good. I'll probably do it too then.

I know that I really shouldn't but I'll buy it once again, it wasn't the best of the series but I had my share of fun with it, and it's going to be gorgeous on pc.
I might even consider going for the 100% of the optional quests this time...

Buy it to support JRPGs on steam \o\

And then come play with everybody here.

5GpXSON.png

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'll be gifting this game to 5 (!) other GAFers as the game is nearing its launch!
I'm going to be updating this thread when the give-away goes live :D!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

edit: suppadoopa has already donated this game (on 360) to another GAFer. Goddess bless him!

edit 2: Major props to Raitningz for the fanart above (check out more of his brilliant art: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/graphics)!

Awesome gesture

Top Bottom