• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 exclusive says EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The revived Nintendo game will be Starfox after Nintendo killed the franchise this gen.

Yeah right. It's Startropics. Yoyo + Revmote = win.

Ok ok, everyone hear me out. No more metrosexual heroes. I wan't everyone to be fully-clothed unlike FF12, and not have squeeky Mickey Mouse voice like Tidus. Please do that for me.

Here here! I also request that the protagonist is a man in his 30s with a mortgage and a receeding hairline.

BiLo

Banned
Error2k4 said:
th_herosuik4.jpg

huh...?
Bowl-cuts are the manliest type of hair-cut a guy can have.
Moe-pic.jpg

Moe owned the other stooges.

bluemax

Banned
BiLo said:
Ok ok, everyone hear me out. No more metrosexual heroes. I wan't everyone to be fully-clothed unlike FF12, and not have squeeky Mickey Mouse voice like Tidus. Please do that for me.

And there were people thinking that the Final Fantasy series would go multi-platform(not counting crystal chronicles)...

Balflear is the true main character of FFXII and he's not metro and is fully clothed. He's basically a Japanese Han Solo.

I'm only surprised this is PS3 and not PS2.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I really truly hope it's no BS that they're close to being done with FF13, and they didn't just mean they're close to being done with rendering bishonen hair in the first cut scene. I haven't played a new FF in so long; I'm having withdrawls =(

Ninja Scooter said:

If they happen to put Bruce Campbell in as well I'll ride a clown car to E3 if I have to.

Somebody at Gaming Age hire me plz. I spent 6 hours straight writing a review for Romancing SaGa once, damnit.

Amir0x

Banned
Heh, if it's "close to done" then I would think that Jonnyram and others were right. ESPECIALLY if it's gonna debut at E3, I'm thinking it's gonna be PS2. Just mixed lines, is all.

:|

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lost Fragment said:
Somebody at Gaming Age hire me plz. I spent 6 hours straight writing a review for Romancing SaGa once, damnit.

You need a straight jacket, not a job.

BiLo

Banned
Amir0x said:
Heh, if it's "close to done" then I would think that Jonnyram and others were right. ESPECIALLY if it's gonna debut at E3, I'm thinking it's gonna be PS2. Just mixed lines, is all.

3 Final Fantasies per generation?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SolidSnakex said:
Well unless Kitase was just trying to play down the demand for FF7, then nope it won't look that good, or really anywhere near as good as that given the wording.

Noooooooooooooooo!!! I want FFVII like graphics Square!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TheTrin said:
You need a straight jacket, not a job.

I guess it isn't going to make you think I'm less nutso if I told you I thought it was a pretty good game? :D

I'd rather it be on the PS2, personally, because I already own the system, I would know it'd come out sooner than it would if it was PS3, and after the first period of being in awe of the graphics I wouldn't notice it that much anyway.

If FF XIII has been in development, who are the potential project leads? Matsuno was obviously busy with FF XII and getting sick, Nomura on KH2.. unless he started on FF XIII near the final months of KH2 as a juggled project so he could hit the ground running when he was done with KH2.

KyanMehwulfe said:
If FF XIII has been in development, who are the potential project leads? Matsuno was obviously busy with FF XII and getting sick, Nomura on KH2.. unless he started on FF XIII near the final months of KH2 as a juggled project so he could hit the ground running when he was done with KH2.

Kitase would be doing it. Nomura is the artist for his FF games.

Jonnyram

I see two possibilities. Either Nomura did the design before working on KHII - it has been ages since X and XI came out - or the FFIX team is working on it. Well, I guess it could be a totally new team of people too. I'm just curious to see how the series has been impacted by XI and XII now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
_leech_ said:
FFXIII is excellent news!

If they fix the battle system.

If by that you're referring to FFXII's, I think you mean break.

Ah, based on an article I found from Googling him it sounded like he had moved onto a management role of Square Enix as a whole, rather than still serving as a lead for projects.

Based on what Wikipedia has for the FF X team, it looks realistic that they could of reformed that core even with KH2 being developed.

Mario paint ds? :[ Enough with the damn spinoffs. Use the stage debut tech and make a new ip around it.

And Im pretty sure the franchise wont be starfox, saying that theyre reviving a snes/n64 franchise probably means theyre suggesting it didnt get a gamecube iteration. Pilotwings it is.

mugwhump

Matix said:

-FF 13 = PS3 Exclusive:
Sounds believable, besides the "close to being finished" BS.

-Mario Paint DS:
Genius.

-PSP Redesign:
Uh, wasn't this kinda debunked at the recent PS-Meeting.

-REV Revived Classic: Yea, Pilotwangs.
We can play Pilotwangs with the waggle-wand. :O

Yoboman

Gameinformer reported FFXIII was well into development back in 2003, and as time progressed many were predicting XIII could make it out before XII. I'm sure the game was supposed to be a PS2 title, but because of FFXII's delayed development schedule, it was re-evaluated and moved to PS3. It could explain how it's nearly complete if art, story, content, gameplay etc have already been created and all that needs to be done is make the graphics

phonte

Banned
if this is true, and ffxiii is close to completion, is it possible that it will match what they unveiled of the next-gen ff7?

certainly would seem so, otherwise why show that trailer?

jett

D-Member
mckmas8808 said:
SO that means that FF XIII won't be anyway near the quailty of the FFVII trailer?

No, what he meant was that entirely remaking a game of FF7's scope, with that level of graphics, would take 5 years. There's a difference. For instance, FFX obviously looks much better than FF7, but it's way smaller in terms of scope and design.

thetrin

CurseoftheGods said:
When can we expect Final Fantasy XII to be released in the US?

Latest word is November, I believe.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BiLo said:

Tidus.JPG

"You know you want me."

If FF XIII has been in development, who are the potential project leads?

The project lead is Motomu Toriyama, a director for FFX and X-2.

I see two possibilities. Either Nomura did the design before working on KHII - it has been ages since X and XI came out - or the FFIX team is working on it. Well, I guess it could be a totally new team of people too. I'm just curious to see how the series has been impacted by XI and XII now.

??? First, there is no persisting "FFIX team". FFIX was developed at Square USA in Hawaii, by a team specially assembled for that purpose. Square USA no longer exists and those FF9 alumni who were reabsorbed into Square Japan were scattered across many different projects, including FFX, XI, XII, Kingdom Hearts, and FF Crystal Chronicles.

Second, FFXIII being developed by mostly FFX/X-2 staff doesn't necessarily equate to Nomura doing the character designs; many artists worked on those games after all. My guess is that FFXIII will have a new character designer, maybe Tetsu Tsukamoto, although I won't put money on that.

Personally, I have a hard time believing Square would start revealing a lot of FF XIII stuff before FF XII ships worldwide--it seems like they'd just be cannibalizing their own sales. Maybe if the games were really different (e.g. FF XIII is turn-based & futuristic, or something), it could work, but...

edit: I have no doubt that XIII is pretty far along with its development, though

Mr_Moogle

I would definately like to see something different in terms of character and world design.

I'm hoping for a game world with colder climate so characters actually wear clothes. Cloth physics on PS3 FTW.

thetrin

Maybe I'm totally alone on this, but I actually don't mind the metrosexual heroes at all. I just want the game to be fun, and have a good story. Most FF's come through in that regard.

I would like a party member that's an elderly ass kicker, like an old martial artist or something.

Gameinformer reported FFXIII was well into development back in 2003

They were full of shit. Those rumors were based on mistranslations of an SE press conference. There were some more credible rumors that they started work around spring 2004, however.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Reilly said:
Close to being done = 2 years

FFXII had serious development issues (not technical issues)

I also want to know where these FFXII is coming out for PS2 rumors are coming from. I'll be seriously dissapointed if its not for the PS3 and is coming out next year or the year after.

Personally, I have a hard time believing Square would start revealing a lot of FF XIII stuff before FF XII ships worldwide--it seems like they'd just be cannibalizing their own sales. Maybe if the games were really different (e.g. FF XIII is turn-based & futuristic, or something), it could work, but...

Ordinarily you'd be right, but I think during a hardware transition they might want to show something for the new hardware as soon as possible, just as they showed teaser/concept videos for FFX and XI back in early 2000 (and then never showed any more of those games for a year). If they don't show any games for PS3 they might risk being perceived as having fallen behind.

Borys

Banned
Dayum, this is BIG news, this is really BIG & EXCITING news.

Next you're gonna tell me that Halo 3 is 360 exclusive, dayum, imagine the SHOCK!

how is it possible that its almost done if theres no final dev kits?

i have a feeling they were working on this for ps2 then port up to ps3

Final PS3 kits won't offer any shocking enhancements... additional bus speeds, high clock frequencies will mean high frame rate and so on but these things are ironed out at the end of the development cycle...

I don't believe FFXIII is almost finished, maybe the story line is finished but no way is the game already complete!!! But I am sure that it will be PS3 exclusive, thats a no brainer.

Final Fantasy XIII will probably be released in Fall 2007 in Japan and spring 2008 in NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom