• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Gameplay (XB1 & PS4 demos), Battle System, Night & Map Shown

Dark_castle

Well, Noctis could die if he got hit with strong hits during that grace period. But other than that, yeah, he can just run away and survive. The staff were probably just laughing coz Noctis barely escaped there.

Also, enemies may have long range attacks too later, so it may be harder to flee.

That doesn't feel right, especially the fact that we've seen Noctis and co. struggling to move while in low HP condition, then the next second under critical condition where Noctis's HP fallen to zero, he can run like Usain Bolt, all while the soldiers just stand there and said "fuck it, we're never going to catch him".

dramatis

Camera feels too shaky in battle, hopefully there will be multiple options for camera settings. Could do with some zooming out.

Jb

ytwDCDARZGJSjNDVzG.gif

Wow this looks pretty phenomenal.

Exentryk

That doesn't feel right, especially the fact that we've seen Noctis and co. struggling to move while in low HP condition, then the next second under critical condition where Noctis's HP fallen to zero, he can run like Usain Bolt, all while the soldiers just stand there and said "fuck it, we're never going to catch him".

Hmm. Let's just see if it indeed can be abused when we play the demo, and then we can give the team that feedback.

Koozek

I really don't like the slowdown when your attack connects.

In general I like it, as it gives a certain visual feedback that helps conveying weight, imo. Though it might be a bit overdone if it's like that for every weapon and every kind of attack. We'll see, but they might tweak a few things like that according to feedback from the demo players. They have more than a year to incorporate some of them at least. I think they'll listen.

Bousf

The whole "jump to 80% in one go" sounds crazy misleading....I hope we are totally talking about a 2016 game here.

In general I like it, as it gives a certain visual feedback that helps conveying a feel of weight, imo. Though it might be a bit overdone if it's like that for every weapon and every kind of attack. We'll see, but they might tweak a few things like that according to feedback from the demo players. They have more than a year to incorporate some of them at least. I think they'll listen.

Yeah in regards to hit-stun & lock-on issues I think they will listen on that end.

Exentryk

I thought the attacks looked slow overall, but I'm judging way too early. I guess it's good in a sense that you have ample of time to parry and counterattack.

wmlk

I thought the attacks looked slow overall, but I'm judging way too early. I guess it's good in a sense that you have ample of time to parry and counterattack.

It sucks because of the extreme hit detection slowdown.

The battles at E3 2013 looked slow as well. I think this is what they're going for.

Yeah, good that this was just the demo, otherwise I can find this pretty game-breaking.

You were expecting a difficulty from FF?

Given how easy your party keeps dying, I doubt they'll change the recovery thing.

The only FF that tried doing more difficult battles in the main story was XIII, and difficulty was right out of the sequels because people complained about it. (and Type-0 I guess, but that, again, is out of the HD version after people complained).

Haven't seen all of it but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Looking forward to hear impressions of how it plays.

Also, It's crazy to think I was a sophomore in high school when this was announced. About damn time this is finally coming out.

Damn, when that enemy encounter music starts up(when there's an enemy near), it's pretty damn creepy(even in the daytime). And interesting, if you listen in to the intro of it, it contains an arrangement of the classic battle intro bass line before the battle theme starts up.

Anybody wanna try to compare this to the model of the world map shown months ago to get a better idea of where Duscae is in relation to the rest of the world?

SPAW

It sucks because of the extreme hit detection slowdown.

The battles at E3 2013 looked slow as well. I think this is what they're going for.

but didn't they show in a later Tabata report that this was a result of Noctis level?

They have also been saying that at E3 Noctis was at a really high level as well, so we have seen like the ultimate form of Noctis until TGS this past year. So I think that's why the gameplay overall is slower, but I guess we will see here in about a month.

but didn't they how in a later Tabata report that this was a result of Noctis level?

Yes

It probably will happen, but not until a year after console versions. So yeah, everyone will have to wait, just PC will be longer.

Nah I think it will come out at the same time in NA. A lot of games have been going this route and Square Enix knows FF games on Steam make money. Even Tales of Zesteria is heavily rumored to be coming to Steam and the timing makes it seem like it will be at the same time as the PS3 release in NA.

Nah I think it will come out at the same time in NA. A lot of games have been going this route and Square Enix knows FF games on Steam make money. Even Tales of Zesteria is heavily rumored to be coming to Steam and the timing makes it seem like it will be at the same time as the PS3 release in NA.

I would be very, very surprised if this happened, but it would be good if it did. FF type 0 has no release date on PC and FFXIII hit much later. They haven't announced any PC version for this yet and have been evasive. I think they will release it after.

DNAbro

It won't.

farisr

Oh right, I was just thinking because THIS official trailer was 60fps and assumed that the game would also be 60fps.

Damn. :(

1) That isn't an official channel
2) That youtube video isn't 60fps.
3) There are other (still non-official) channels out there that put up actual 60fps versions of the trailer on youtube (created by interpolating the 30fps to 60fps) but those are again non-official, SE and other official youtube channels have never released a 60fps trailer for Final Fantasy XV.

Dark_castle

You were expecting a difficulty from FF?

Given how easy your party keeps dying, I doubt they'll change the recovery thing.

The only FF that tried doing more difficult battles in the main story was XIII, and difficulty was right out of the sequels because people complained about it. (and Type-0 I guess, but that, again, is out of the HD version after people complained).

I expect that we can at least have a game over if everyone in party is KO. It's not about easy or hard, it's about the ability to lose and I feared that they were being too generous with the grace period and the ability to use recovery item or even run from battle even when everyone is sitting at 0 HP.

Danlord

1) That isn't an official channel
2) That youtube video isn't 60fps.
3) There are other (still non-official) channels out there that put up actual 60fps versions of the trailer on youtube (created by interpolating the 30fps to 60fps) but those are again non-official, SE and other official youtube channels have never released a 60fps trailer for Final Fantasy XV.

Yeah I get that now, I responded to someone else above.

Top Bottom