• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Dark_castle

Eh, I know what you mean, but I still don't think this is a fair comparison. They just have two totally different artistic visions regarding the world design. If SE had decided to make the world look more outlandish and fantastical they could have easily done that, too. FFXIII-saga has proven that for years. The Duscae area, at least, is clearly meant to resemble simple, "boring" grasslands like in real life. We don't know any other area. Let's wait for E3.

Good point, but perhaps they should ditch the idea of re-creating simple, "boring" grassland in the first place. lol :|

Koozek

For those who couldn't "see" Dunan's translation the other day:
CB1IQbiWIAImjys.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/david_david997/status/584702979741220864

Can't wait to see and hear more about the black-haired woman.

Good point, but perhaps they should ditch the idea of re-creating simple, "boring" grassland in the first place. lol :|

Well, I could bring up the comparison pics again showing FFVII/VIII's or pretty much every FF's barren overworlds :p Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some beautiful vistas later in the game!

wmlk

*dingdingding*

Just because it's realistic doesn't discount it from being criticized. I find Lucis (fantasy Tokyo) to be really interesting, I find Lestallum (based on Havana) to be really interesting.

A literal grassland with the only interesting, fantastical thing (the Astral Shard) not being accessible in the demo? Not so much. Obviously they're going to have more interesting locations, but this is the first look of the game and the main showcase from TGS 2014 to E3 2015. I just think they could have done better there.

chozen

I'm really hyped for the E3 Trailer (if there is one). They have to be thinking about how they can top 2013 trailer. I mean now if I think about it most of their trailers were restricted to Duscae for the most part so I'm sure they will show a bit more this E3. Seeing a city in the new engine gonna blow a lot of people away. Two months gonna fly by.

On a side note did I hear the VGO played a new XV song exclusively for people at the boston concert a few days ago?

Koozek

I'm really hyped for the E3 Trailer (if there is one). They have to be thinking about how they can top 2013 trailer. I mean now if I think about it most of their trailers were restricted to Duscae for the most part so I'm sure they will show a bit more this E3. Seeing a city in the new engine gonna blow a lot of people away. Two months gonna fly by.

They missed last year's E3 already, so I think they will have a nice, meaty story trailer this year :)
I don't want no ATR livestream or any footage before E3, though. If they're targeting Spring '16 worldwide I guess they'll already start their media blowout from E3 onwards, right, Kagari? Would TGS be too late for, let's say, a April/May release? In case it's Fall '16 obviously they will start at E3 '16 which should give them enough time till November.

On a side note did I hear the VGO played a new XV song exclusively for people at the boston concert a few days ago?
Yup, but Falk said that they weren't allowed to talk about it or record it.

They missed last year's E3 already, so I think they will have a nice, meaty story trailer this year :)
I don't want no ATR livestream or any footage before E3, though. If they're targeting Spring '16 worldwide I guess they'll already start their media blowout from E3 onwards, right, Kagari? Would TGS be too late for, let's say, a April/May release? In case it's Fall '16 obviously they will start at E3 '16 which should give them enough time till November.

Yup, but Falk said that they weren't allowed to talk about it or record it.

Why would you not be able to talk about a song played at a concert?

Well if I remember correctly from an old interview with Nomura about Versus was that the land around the cities were dying or kind of like a wasteland without the crystals or something. I will try to find the interview but that is I think part of the reason.

Koozek

Why would you not be able to talk about a song played at a concert?
Obviously it was Stella's Theme.

Well if I remember correctly from an old interview with Nomura about Versus was that the land around the cities were dying or kind of like a wasteland without the crystals or something. I will try to find the interview but that is I think part of the reason.

Oh, good point! I think I remember that, too.

Dark_castle

*dingdingding*

Just because it's realistic doesn't discount it from being criticized. I find Lucis (fantasy Tokyo) to be really interesting, I find Lestallum (based on Havana) to be really interesting.

A literal grassland with the only interesting, fantastical thing (the Astral Shard) not being accessible in the demo? Not so much. Obviously they're going to have more interesting locations, but this is the first look of the game and the main showcase from TGS 2014 to E3 2015. I just think they could have done better there.

Yeah, hope they truly realize them. If they couldn't make large maps with interesting design and details, then make smaller ones.

theofficefan99

Well, I could bring up the comparison pics again showing FFVII/VIII's or pretty much every FF's barren overworlds :p Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some beautiful vistas later in the game!

Same. Easily the character I'm most interested in right now.

Why do when people use the portraits of Noctis and Stella and the other characters from that E3 trailer they cut up the corners of the picture?

Setsu00

Why do when people use the portraits of Noctis and Stella and the other characters from that E3 trailer they cut up the corners of the picture?

The full portraits were never released so some fans puzzled them together as far as possible from the E3 trailer.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, since it's mentioned on a few blog posts (won't say where) and will eventually propagate all over the net, the "world premiere" is a little bit of a lost-in-translation as well as unintentional misinformation by people who aren't following the trailers/etc of FFXV as closely as some of us are.

It was basically a live arrangement of two of the big themes of Episode Duscae - the waltz-style theme and the goblin battle theme (I've come to stop referring it to the 'night' theme since you still get the regular theme if you engage in combat with e.g. Garulas at night, before the goblins show up)

World premiere refers to it being played live for the first time (which is true for FFXV music actually), and in that particular configuration/arrangement.

You're probably not going to get new music before Square Enix has a chance to show it off properly via trailers etc. :p That's the Square Enix we all know and love.

Ishida

Banned
Well, since it's mentioned on a few blog posts (won't say where) and will eventually propagate all over the net, the "world premiere" is a little bit of a lost-in-translation as well as unintentional misinformation by people who aren't following the trailers/etc of FFXV as closely as some of us are.

It was basically a live arrangement of two of the big themes of Episode Duscae - the waltz-style theme and the goblin battle theme (I've come to stop referring it to the 'night' theme since you still get the regular theme if you engage in combat with e.g. Garulas at night, before the goblins show up)

World premiere refers to it being played live for the first time (which is true for FFXV music actually), and in that particular configuration/arrangement.

You're probably not going to get new music before Square Enix has a chance to show it off properly via trailers etc. :p That's the Square Enix we all know and love.

This. I'm still surprised on how many people think the game has different battle themes for day and night, when it's clear it's based on enemy type (Maybe dungeon-type and overworld-type?).

wmlk

This. I'm still surprised on how many people think the game has different battle themes for day and night, when it's clear it's based on enemy type (Maybe dungeon-type and overworld-type?).

I think people know, but it's easier to call it the night theme rather than night & cavern theme.

Very cool. I'm still of the mind that Stella and Luna are NOT the same person. Is there any prior reason to think the black haired woman might be named Aurora, or just pure conjecture?

Along with Cor, she's the character I'm most interested in.

wmlk

Very cool. I'm still of the mind that Stella and Luna are NOT the same person. Is there any prior reason to think the black haired woman might be named Aurora, or just pure conjecture?

Along with Cor, she's the character I'm most interested in.

Pure conjecture based off of Nomura's love for Latin.

And yeah, I'd love to see Stella in the game mostly because of how people have been so quick to jump at Tabata's throat.

And yeah, I'd love to see Stella in the game mostly because of how people have been so quick to jump at Tabata's throat.

Ha, well Aurora would seem to suit her. Though I don't see how to interpret the second clause on the banner then.

Re Stella, I just think she seemed too central to the plot to axe unceremoniously, and is even framed opposite Noctis in the 2013 trailer headshot lineup.

DeSolos

According to google translate the options for latin translations for dawn are:

1. matutinus
  2. aurora
  3. diluculum
  4. oriens
  5. jubar
  6. iubar
  7. eosos
Aurora is definitely the best choice.

What if the black-haired woman is...Noctis' sister who betrays her kingdom?! D:

KoopaTheCasual

Are Stella and Luna supposed to be different characters? Or is it completely unknown right now.

I keep seeing the "I" as an "L" so read it as Lubar.
"Lu-bber" "Lew-bar"

Although nothing is confirmed, it is heavily heavily implied that Luna replaced Stella in the story, due Luna having the same middle and last name.

Are Stella and Luna supposed to be different characters? Or is it completely unknown right now.

I keep seeing the "I" as an "L" so read it as Lubar.
"Lu-bber" "Lew-bar"

Literally everything says Luna is Stella (they pretty much already confirmed that the main scene in which we see Stella she was replaced by Luna, so yeah)

But hey, maybe Tabata just likes to troll... People are still hoping at least...

Although nothing is confirmed, it is heavily heavily implied that Luna replaced Stella in the story, due Luna having the same middle and last name.

Literally everything says Luna is Stella (they pretty much already confirmed that the main scene in which we see Stella she was replaced by Luna, so yeah)

But hey, maybe Tabata just likes to troll... People are still hoping at least...

I kind of find it hard to consider them different characters at this stage since by appearance they look so very alike.
Like Stella looks like an artwork variant while Luna is the rendered in-game model.

wmlk

Eh, why does that matter? Regis and Noctis have the same middle and last name too.

Why can't they be siblings?

What's the main scene? And no, not everything suggests that. Dunan's post for one suggests that she's still in.

Could have easily been "THE MOON GUARDS THE NIGHT".

What's the main scene? And no, not everything suggests that. Dunan's post for one suggests that she's still in.

Could have easily been "THE MOON GUARDS THE NIGHT".

Party. Luna is literally wearing a dress in Lucis in what is meant to be the beginning of the game, in the same place Stella was supposed to be, and the radio person doesn't even mention another person besides Luna/Noctis/Regis.

But hey, keep hoping...

played a bit of the demo. i gotta say, i really like it. voices are great EXCEPT for the VA of Noctis. I honestly didn't think it was him at first when he talked, voice doesn't suit him at all. i hope they change it, really bad imo :/ that was a voice i would've expected the tatted up guy to have and even then that voice is too deep, could barely understand a word he was saying, subtitles were a must just cause of Noctis. Also do they also call him "your highness" in the JPN dub? cause idk, for a game about 4 bros i don't get why are they calling him that. I'd never refer to my bro in such a formal way.

question about the luna/stella thing. this is super serious btw: why does anyone care if stella or whoever was the original got replaced with luna(or stella)? what did we know about her in the original game besides that she played a big roll that makes so many people fascinated with this debate?

Top Bottom