• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Party. Luna is literally wearing a dress in Lucis in what is meant to be the beginning of the game, in the same place Stella was supposed to be, and the radio person doesn't even mention another person besides Luna/Noctis/Regis.

But hey, keep hoping...
It's not like it matters which of the two is at the party anyway.

wmlk

Party. Luna is literally wearing a dress in Lucis in what is meant to be the beginning of the game, in the same place Stella was supposed to be, and the radio person doesn't even mention another person besides Luna/Noctis/Regis.

But hey, keep hoping...

I dunno man, clearly not everything suggests that she's gone. There have been clues that suggest that she's in the game. That main scene you're talking about is concept art, where Luna isn't even wearing the dress designed by Roen that Stella was wearing.

It's not a matter of me believing or not. I don't particularly care either way. There's no reason to believe had she been in the game that it would automatically be better.

If anything, seeing her in the game would be great just because way back in the thread people were calling Tabata a liar for things he said that we have no closure on.

I dunno man, clearly not everything suggests that she's gone. There have been clues that suggest that she's in the game. That main scene you're talking about is concept art, where Luna isn't even wearing the dress designed by Roen that Stella was wearing.

It's not a matter of me believing or not. I don't particularly care either way. There's no reason to believe had she been in the game that it would automatically be better.

Literally everything suggests that she's gone...

Also, I don't know why you keep repeating that last line so often, that was never the point me or any other people were ever trying to make.

KoopaTheCasual

I just don't believe Tabata to be ballsy enough to pull Kojima-like trolls, when he's been so eager to please the fans at any turn. It seems like he's just too timid to come out and say it.

But hey, I would actually love to be wrong, and for this to be some bigger plot tie-in, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

wmlk

Literally everything suggests that she's gone...

Also, I don't know why you keep repeating that last line so often, that was never the point me or any other people were ever trying to make.

If your point was that Tabata was lying in his interviews, then I have to shake my head at that. We simply have no closure to be making statements like that. The game isn't even out yet.

I just don't believe Tabata to be ballsy enough to pull Kojima-like trolls, when he's been so eager to please the fans at any turn. It seems like he's just too timid to come out and say it.

But hey, I would actually love to be wrong, and for this to be some bigger plot tie-in, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

I don't know why he's so afraid to say he changed a character's name.

KoopaTheCasual

It's why people are psyching themselves out into thinking there's more to it. It's downright weird how cagey he is about the subject when everything we've seen since 2014 has had "replacement" written on the wall.

One of the primary reasons I still think Luna hasn't replaced Stella. If so, why not just say it?

We've seen nothing to rule out the possibility of Royal siblings, both with their own unique relationship with Noctis and role in the story.

Of course, it could be a Garnett/Dagger thing too.

wmlk

It's why people are psyching themselves out into thinking there's more to it. It's downright weird how cagey he is about the subject when everything we've seen since 2014 has had "replacement" written on the wall.

If he is indeed afraid that people are going to be outraged at the name change, then why change it to begin with?

If he is indeed afraid that people are going to be outraged at the name change, then why change it at all?

this.
I can understand if you change the character design over the years....But the name? Why should he do that without a good reason.

When JpGames asked Tabata about Stella, he laughed and said he can't say anything, but after the demo we will get more infos about the story,

As long as this happens I'll be happy:

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-famitsu.jpg

I wonder how the city will be in the game. Fully alive with cars and NPCs? All of the footage over the years has only ever shown a desolate city.

I wonder how the city will be in the game. Fully alive with cars and NPCs? All of the footage over the years has only ever shown a desolate city.

I'm just wondering how big it'll be. The concept art and Versus footage we've seen makes it look gigantic. How much will they little exploration considering the open world design of gameplay they're trying emphasize?

wmlk

I'm just wondering how big it'll be. The concept art and Versus footage we've seen makes it look gigantic. How much will they little exploration considering the open world design of gameplay they're trying emphasize?

The occupation by Niflheim and the war is a good enough story reason for the developers to justify it being not very explorable, and it not having as many cars/NPCs that it normally should.

Standing under the moon...
Moon = Luna
Stella has been Luna all along!

Stella = Star, Luna = Moon. That makes me think both characters exist, whether it's different manifestations of the same person or not. If there are two of them then the love triangle metaphor would work nicely; the star and moon fighting to be in the night (Noctis) sky. If they are the same person then perhaps her moon form is her hiding her true self or w/e (expanding on the Persona analogy from above lol).

The occupation by Niflheim and the war is a good enough story reason for the developers to justify it being not very explorable, and it not having as many cars/NPCs that it normally should.
That story nugget is making me think the city will only feature briefly at the start and the crux of the game will happen elsewhere, like Midgar in FFVII and the Tanker in MGS2.

Ray Down

Banned
this.
I can understand if you change the character design over the years....But the name? Why should he do that without a good reason.

When JpGames asked Tabata about Stella, he laughed and said he can't say anything, but after the demo we will get more infos about the story,

Because it's irrelevant, unless the name is somehow apart of the story.

Does it really matter if a character name is change especially if they act and do what they are planned to do?

Does it really matter if a character name is change especially if they act and do what they are planned to do?

It's less about the name and more about the character's design. People prefer Stella's look to the Disney Princess vibe of Luna.

Xamdou

I saw in the op but just wanted to confirm, I have a code of this demo from FF type zero and won't expire until March 2016 next year right?

Ray Down

Banned
It's less about the name and more about the character's design. People prefer Stella's look to the Disney Princess vibe of Luna.

Well blame Nomura for changing her design multiple times (hell Stella last design wasn't even complete if I remember right), not Tabata.

We still don't know if Stella is gone, Tabata could just teasing fans with not saying anything about her.

Go_Ly_Dow

I liked her look in the recent artwork.

ffxv_luna_or_lunafreya_from_ending_of_the_demo_by_diannaxd-d8m516f.jpg

Although we will have to wait and see how she looks in the final game. Hopefully in this vein.

Ray Down

Banned
Hell why are people so attached to Stella anyway?

I like her design but people seem really involved and mad at Tabata with not reveal what's up with her. When we know next to nothing about her as a character or even if she's a well written one at best.

Go_Ly_Dow

It's not confirmed.

Btw Insomnia looks fucked up in that picture. I wouldn't be surprised if Niflheim unleashed a Archean.

The main city area seen in all the previous trailers is actually in the distance.

I don't at all expect the outskirts/suburbs to be playable. Just that main section.

Hell why are people so attached to Stella anyway?

I like her design but people seem really involved and mad at Tabata with not reveal what's up with her. When we know next to nothing about her as a character or even if she's a well written one at best.

I can understand people being put off by character designs/concepts being changed.

But I've always found it kinda funny that people have gotten so attached to a character we've only sporadically seen in game trailers and magazine scans spread out over the course of 8 or so years.

Ray Down

Banned
I can understand people being put off by character designs/concepts being changed.

But I've always found it kinda funny that people have gotten so attached to a character we've only sporadically seen in game trailers in magazine scans spread out over the course of 8 or so years.

I get that part, but what I don't is when people say Stella > Luna, I get confused.

Maybe they just mean from a design prospective, but if not I find it funny when we know nothing about either. Like somehow Stella is just inherently better...just because.

It wouldn't be feasible and also be uneccessary to have a city that large given the nature of FF narratives.

Unless this narrative emphasizes the exploration aspect of it too a large degree.

Midgar was narratively constructed where you could only access specific parts of it at a given time due to your party being wanted figures. Maybe in the beginning all of Insomnia will be open to explore given your royalty status and later in the game you have to sneak in, first through the suburbs and then into the main city.

Its not like i really care for the name of the girl - Still there has to be a reason for changing her name.

Well i hope the Story Trailer at the E3 will shed some light on this mistery

chozen

Is that a summoning in the background or just some statue?

I'm pretty sure it's a summon they didn't want to fully reveal but if you notice the sword that slashed the road Luna is standing on you will realize it was done by a huge creature presumably by the one in the background.

DeSolos

I think it is supposed to be her.
At the demo's end, at that point it mentioned two characters Noctis and someone with a really long name. The long name one had a Stella in it. I think.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret.

She was stated as being killed in the invasion of Lucius( as was Noctis). I wouldn't be surprised if someone who happened to look a lot like her really did die. A character like that is one you probably wouldn't want to cover too heavily in your marketing.

That statue looks bigger than building though.

It definitely seems to be a statue, you can see its base. The sword doesn't look like it's being held either, but rather like it's fallen there in a similar fashion to the sword cleaving the road. I'm guessing this is the aftermath of the struggle, and the summon is gone and/or defeated by the invaders.

Quite possibly Knights of the Round given the hints and the multiple swords.

Top Bottom