• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV "feedback special" Active Time Report airs tonight at 11PM PDT

sensui-tomo

After playing the demo, I can only say that I'm pretty much sold on the game already. Really liked the combat. There are some issues of course, but I still think that this is going to be one of the best FFs ever.

Can't be worse than the lightning trilogy (was going to say the last one but nothing was worse than ff14 original and ff14ARR is excellent)

Interesting that despite Japan's lukewarm reception to the demo, 74% claim they are definitely going to buy the full release of the game

edit: also funny that NA/Europe likes the characters/designs more than Japan

Duscae 2.0

Probably with a proper dodge roll.

CDpxmP0WEAA-Btg.jpg:large

Turin

Banned
It's pretty cool to the see the region differences. Some of it surprised me.

It was fine. They shouldn't have changed it just because some people whined on the internet. If anything they should have given an option for a more covered version if that's what those people wanted, not destroy the original intent.

I get what your saying but this certainly isn't a crime.

Tirod

Still going through the video, but as far as camera is concerned they are looking to improve the camera and camera speed.

They are still debating as to whether the camera will be improved enough to fulfill all situations/terrains or giving players the option to bring the camera in/further out.

I hope it is the second option.

Zaverious

Additional combat actions and tweaks to MP balancing like no MP usage for perfectly timed evasions.

They are considering a dodge roll.

They have an individual quest system in which not every party member may not enter. The example given was when you get up in the morning to decide what to do, just Noctis and Prompto may be paired up on certain days and go on an adventure. When everyone comes back at night, your party members might have acquired some items while they were out. It might not make it in the update.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
They confirmed that the v.2.0 of the demo will be an update!

That's pretty badass for those of us with the demo. I'm kind of surprised, though. I guess they're waiting that much longer before unveiling that second demo "for a larger audience" they mentioned eventually rolling out.

LuuKyK

It was fine. They shouldn't have changed it just because some people whined on the internet. If anything they should have given an option for a more covered version if that's what those people wanted, not destroy the original intent.

The revised version wasn't that much different from the original, so I think the source material was respected overall.

Men can't show skin, apparently.

I don't think thats the problem, honestly, at least not for me. The design was just bad, skin being showed or not. Thats mainly why I still think its pretty bad even after all the changes it went through.

It seems there'll be an Episode Duscae 2.0

Also, game won't be at E3. They are focusing on Gamescom.

WHAT???

Makes no sense considering Square is doing a standalone conference this year. Not to show their main game would be beyond stupid.

Duscae 2.0

lol DASCAE.

Btw whats the source for this Edge?

That's pretty badass for those of us with the demo. I'm kind of surprised, though. I guess they're waiting that much longer before unveiling that second demo "for a larger audience" they mentioned eventually rolling out.

They're aiming for a mid May release too!

Dargor

Can't be worse than the lightning trilogy (was going to say the last one but nothing was worse than ff14 original and ff14ARR is excellent)

What is a lightning ;P

But seriously, I really liked what I saw and how it played. If they get it ironed out, its sure going to be a great journey lol.

KoopaTheCasual

Gamescom is only two months later. What's the big deal?
If a thread is made about no FFXV at E3, expect people commenting to conveniently forget that detail. It's really not a big deal at all.

The one thing I'm actually worried about is Japanese gamers saying the demo was too difficult. Hope Tabata doesn't nerf the difficulty. The combat actually felt very forgiving, to be honest.

Episode Duscae 2.00? I would hope it's a more complete demo (Episode Duscae that includes some of the features that were stripped out) instead of the same demo with better visuals and adjustments due to fan feedback. Doubt it though.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
How about you spell your own game right, guys?

I can't wait for people to complain about the newer systems lol. You can't please everyone.

Maybe they hired the Capcom guy.

wmlk

Not in the way you'd immediately think about dodge rolls. There were two similar moves, each with its own drawback.

If this is a manual, animation cancelling move then this changes the entire MP and weapon-tier system.

So they are going to update.....the demo.....

Who are you and what did you do to SE LOL

Damn awesome IMO, hopefully this won't take the place of the planned other demo later on.

Duscae 2.0

You know, this is actually the one thing I really wanted them to do. If they're serious about fan feedback, periodically updating a small playground to reflect the current mechanics of the game allows fans to express their opinions throughout development without spoiling them on the story or characters.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Thanks for the screencaps.

I'm still shaking my head at "why have you stopped playing the demo?" Such a silly question for something so short.

Top Bottom