• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV "feedback special" Active Time Report airs tonight at 11PM PDT

Tirod

Sabretusks moving way too quickly and often away from Noctis didn't make it to top 15 main issues huh. Was also hoping the boring design of Duscae region are also noted and addressed.

They specifically bring up Sabretusks being a problem during the camera section of the report. They hope that the camera solutions they are working on make dealing with them more accessible to players.

Boss Mog

The english sub link in the OP is the whole presentation so you can just skip to the good parts and not waste your time watching it live.

Skux

Skipping through the video. They acknowledge

- choppy framerate and jaggies
- bad controls
- annoying camera

Good on them.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Wth there was no point of waiting for this, the info was already dissected

The information has been dissected because the video was available for viewing for several minutes inadvertently, that's all. It's now available in full to all the rest of us in case we want the full scoop that several users here lucky enough to hop in while it was up combed through for us.

Dice//

Banned
Sabretusks moving way too quickly and often away from Noctis didn't make it to top 15 main issues huh. Was also hoping the boring design of Duscae region are also noted and addressed.

Edit: Good that they're adding animation cancelling and decreasing the deepness of Noctis's voice, but I wished warp is freely usable at the cost of MP outside of combat.

Eh. All things considered, swamp/marshes aren't terribly appealing. Tall grass and shallow water. It was the sort of wilderness outdoors that looked nice, but nothing terribly "fantasy-esque", there was that cool massive hunk of crystal-meteor-fancy-business and land bridges (both in the background below), but you couldn't get to there, the cave was clusterphobic and had barely anything to explore, meanwhile a cool ruin is sort of distracted by a giant Behwemoth trying to kill you... And yeah, the convenience store/gas stop.... Can't say I've seen one of those. >____>

tl;dr: you're def right.

I mean, it took Xenoblade to give the trees glowing ghost leaves and a nasty fog to turn into an aurora borealis to make their swamp interesting at all.

500px-place_of_judgement1.jpg

satorlnight.jpg

Skux

- It looks like you will be able to evade to cancel attacks

- Noctis' voice acting is being addressed to sound younger and "bring out his sense of ennui", and is already different from the demo

pszet0

Banned
My biggest takeaways from the presentation:

- Frame rate is priority
- Dodge roll in full game
- Attack cancellation
- Aiming for simultaneous release

lol.

Yes.

They'll fix the problems with the game. They won't fix the non-problems (Cidney design). And they will focus test the battle system to hell and back.

That's pretty much it.
You mean, just patching in some battle fixes/additions once, right? Since that's what they said.
My biggest takeaways from the presentation:

- Frame rate is priority
- Dodge roll in full game
- Attack cancellation
- Aiming for simultaneous release
I think they've mentioned that before.

Skux

HT: About Cindy being "too sexy", she's actually not meant to be an erotic character. Her character is very energetic and outgoing, a very active character. With those traits paired with her appearance, we feel it wouldn't be too problematic even if, say, she shows up on screen while your parents are in the living room.

AO: Well, I think [the complaints are] more about the amount of skin she's showing, even though her occupation is a mechanic.

HT: Oh, I see. But she is a very cheerful and active character, I don't think we want to change the current concept. So maybe it's about moderating the way she's presented, where it appears as though overly sexual themes are being brought to the forefront, because that's not who she's supposed to be. Maybe as long as we maintain those boundaries...

AO: What do you think, Nakaaki-san?

HT: Nakaaki-san, who's been working on Cindy, is here with us. Should we ask him?

(he answers from off screen)

AO: Well we did introduce her as a character that incorporated everyone's input

HT: So what Nakaaki-san said, just like what I just explained, is that her character is not about sex. She is not supposed to be too sexy, but the male members on the dev team did their best to create her. As a result, perhaps too much of their heart and soul went into her (laughs).

AO: Us men (smirking).

HT: Yes, according to the folks who actually made her. So if we put too much into her, then we should remove the excess heart and soul, and make sure she's a character you'd be completely comfortable with seeing in the living room. That's where our line will be, so please rest assured.

Skux

HT: In terms of adding a female character in to the party, our concept is that this is about following the foursome's journey in an environment where they can be themselves, and thereby allowing the player to feel like they are travelling with them. So removing Prompto, who was the least favourite, and replacing him with a new female character just doesn't sound right...

AO: I guess people are anxious because you previously said that there will be guest party members, like General Cor, so I think there's a certain level of expectation coming from the players.

HT: I see. We won't be letting anyone down. Normally it's just the four guys, so the tent's probably not in tip top shape, but if a female character gets thrown into the mix, you can expect things to be a little different than usual.

AO: They'll probably clean up (laugs).

HT: Exactly. They'll probably clean, and say things they wouldn't normally say around her. Things like that. I think it'll be fun to see the differences when the guys are being themselves, and when it's not just the four of them. That's how I want the players to journey with them. We're working hard to make sure this really gets across. Please look forward to seeing the differences when a guest character joins your party.

Skux

This video was filmed April 10. They are planning a "version 2.0" of Episode Duscae. Ideally they would like to get it to everyone but it may show up only at events. They plan to update it between mid to late May and will arrive as an online patch. Note that nothing is finalised.

HT: The features that we think we can do within April are the AXB enhancements and improvements to the camera and targeting system. There will also be additional combat actions and overall rebalancing. As far as joint attacks go, the demo only had one type.

AO: Against the garulas.

HT: Yes. We will have more of that. Also in terms of how one is triggered, it might be different than the one currently in the demo. We were hoping to add it and thus were preparing for it, and it feels possible to do within the month. Also there are other enhancements related to battles. Many were pointed out in the survey results.

AO: The camera and and lock-on system, right?

HT: Yes. We already have what has been improved, so we're thinking to include it in 2.0 if we can patch the demo. We're hoping that players can actually try it out. Also, as for the additional combat actions, we discussed the dodge roll earlier. We're thinking about including that too. We're going to be lookin at how this changes the controls while also trying to keep the memory from going over, so honestly it's a bit difficult to declare exactly how many action variations can be added at this point, but at the very least, we should be able to add the dodge roll. Also the range of actions for each weapon has been improved since the demo was released, so I think we can implement this too.

-------

They are considering Gamescom in August for their next big reveal.

They apologised to digital buyers who couldn't participate in the survey.

Mr. RHC

HT: About Cindy being "too sexy", she's actually not meant to be an erotic character. Her character is very energetic and outgoing, a very active character. With those traits paired with her appearance, we feel it wouldn't be too problematic even if, say, she shows up on screen while your parents are in the living room.

AO: Well, I think [the complaints are] more about the amount of skin she's showing, even though her occupation is a mechanic.

HT: Oh, I see. But she is a very cheerful and active character, I don't think we want to change the current concept. So maybe it's about moderating the way she's presented, where it appears as though overly sexual themes are being brought to the forefront, because that's not who she's supposed to be. Maybe as long as we maintain those boundaries...

AO: What do you think, Nakaaki-san?

HT: Nakaaki-san, who's been working on Cindy, is here with us. Should we ask him?

(he answers from off screen)

AO: Well we did introduce her as a character that incorporated everyone's input

HT: So what Nakaaki-san said, just like what I just explained, is that her character is not about sex. She is not supposed to be too sexy, but the male members on the dev team did their best to create her. As a result, perhaps too much of their heart and soul went into her (laughs).

AO: Us men (smirking).

HT: Yes, according to the folks who actually made her. So if we put too much into her, then we should remove the excess heart and soul, and make sure she's a character you'd be completely comfortable with seeing in the living room. That's where our line will be, so please rest assured.

omg, I need to find a bomb shelter or something.

Wagram

I know the demo was limited, but they really need to add more things to do in the world. Those little side quests they had in the demo will not cut it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I know the demo was limited, but they really need to add more things to do in the world. Those little side quests they had in the demo will not cut it.

What would you like to see added to the Duscae region, per se? I'm not too well-versed in open world games people actually seem to react well to (the only one I've put much time into is Dragon Age: Inquisition) so I'm legitimately lost as to how this design approach is handled when it works. More NPCs roaming about? Minigames galore? BioWare-styled codex content?

It's gotta come from the fans man

I mean, his hair already lights up different colors. Wouldn't take much pushing I reckon.

Well, give me a demo code and I'll answer all the surveys for frisbee-hair Noctis =P

Don't worry, I'm sure there's an Armiger ability already related to that.

DeSolos

Noctis' new youthful voice direction is exactly the type of thing I wanted.

You've hear the phrase "Let's get kawaii", well he gets kawai-ay! Consistently and thoroughly.

Seriously happy Batman is gone.

Lucreto

I do agree Cindy does show a bit too much skin. When I think of a female mechanic I think Kaylee from Firefly. If they can create a mix of the two characters it would be perfect.

Dargor

Really great that they are listening to fans feedback. That list of the things they are going to tweak or fix is sounding pretty promising.

That they are going to work on Cindy and are giving Noctis a voice that is less deep its just the topping of the cake imho. Just shows that they are really committed to make this game awesome.

Top Bottom