• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

artsi

They streamed some new stuff over at PAX. There's dungeon gameplay with magic customization and other things.

This is from the most recent build, with improved IQ, foliage and some other stuff over the Gamescom build that the 50 minute gameplay video was from.
You can also steer the car (a bit) more freely now.

https://youtu.be/Z_OF7xFFaG0?t=24m42s

Goblins masking themselves as a samurai enemy:

MzSekO5.gif

Thunder magic electrocuting party members via conductive metal floor:

yph1uG1.gif

There's also another stream soon:

Just an FYI for those that don't know Tabata & Haz are going to talk about the Skill Tree & Weapons @ 4:45PM PDT on the PAX stream.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/772096648344276996

CrcJzbuUEAEfl5B.jpg

EDIT: Second stream is LIVE: https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Balls

Banned
Driving is also improved and not "on rails" as much. Still don't think you can go off road though.

Mifec

Oh look we complained and they put in some of what we wanted for the car.

you guys just want GTA memes

Also can't really notice much improvement with the potato quality of the stream.

Koozek

We ̶M̶̶e̶̶t̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶G̶̶e̶̶a̶̶r̶Dark Souls now.

Shaping up to be a huge blast from all the recent footage and impressions.

Falk

that puzzling face

As far as I can tell, the samurai enemies (which are sorta incorporeal and can disappear and appear at any time) and the goblin minecart serendipitously did that, with hilarious results.

JBwB

There's definitely MASSIVE potential for the dungeons to be great in this game going by this footage.

chefbags

What the hell? Is this the next part after Aranea calls Noctis a "pretty boy" or is this just how she fights?

I think it's just how she fights. From the e3 2016 trailer (the one with all that afrojack music) there was snippets of her and Noctis fighting in the air.

Edit: nvm not from that trailer. I'm sure I've seen it though.

chozen

What the hell? Is this the next part after Aranea calls Noctis a "pretty boy" or is this just how she fights?

No she dives says pretty boy, backflips off, fight starts.

She occasionally jumps in the air and dives back down for this action to commence.

ackl

Thanks artsi. Great work as always with the gifs.

Gosh, those goblins are sure are annoying. lol.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
If the rest of the game's dungeons are this unique with lots of little scripted events that would definitely make going through them worth it. The boss fight confirmed a worry I had about human boss fights, it's just gonna be four dudes just wailing on one person which looks hilarious.

artsi

Game uses dynamic resolution, could be that one screen is running at a lower resolution than the other...even if it's the menu.

Could be, but game running in higher res is still IQ improvement :p
It was also present in gameplay, but menu was the easiest way to compare as the footage wasn't 100% same otherwise.

gosoxtim

They streamed some new stuff over at PAX. There's dungeon gameplay with magic customization and other things.

This is from the most recent build, with improved IQ, foliage and some other stuff over the Gamescom build that the 50 minute gameplay video was from.
You can also steer the car (a bit) more freely now.

MzSekO5.gif
you know that mine was awfully simular from bbs Dwarf Woodland mine area

BasilZero

Man I'm loving what i'm seeing . So hyped :O!

Dat gladio fall though and the minecart part were hilarious xD.

Bladenic

If the rest of the game's dungeons are this unique with lots of little scripted events that would definitely make going through them worth it. The boss fight confirmed a worry I had about human boss fights, it's just gonna be four dudes just wailing on one person which looks hilarious.

Hopefully they have flunkies (or call reinforcements). While that's usually annoying in RPGs, it's also weird whenever one dude or girl decides "sure, I can take you four on by myself."

Mediking

I think it's just how she fights. From the e3 2016 trailer (the one with all that afrojack music) there was snippets of her and Noctis fighting in the air.

Edit: nvm not from that trailer. I'm sure I've seen it though.

This is a Jump attack she used during the fight.

No she dives says pretty boy, backflips off, fight starts.

She occasionally jumps in the air and dives back down for this action to commence.

The "pretty boy" line is the start of the fight. This is just her "jump" attack.

Ohhhh... phew....

Tyaren

Could be, but game running in higher res is still IQ improvement :p
It was also present in gameplay, but menu was the easiest way to compare as the footage wasn't 100% same otherwise.

Also, if the PS4 version manages to run full 1080p at some time then it is probably the menu were there's a lot less strain on the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Artsi you probably should mention the additional stream or something. It's soon, I believe?

edit: literal beaten lol

Top Bottom