• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

nOoblet16

I haven't seen anyone mentioning it before but, damn, has fishing been graphically downgraded. D: As a reminder, this is how it looks now (from the Gamescom demo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mDnAUu0LE

Pay attention to the really poor water rippling or how Noctis moves when aiming.
This is what it looked like a year ago:

https://youtu.be/HIT0OOYOD_A?t=2m38s
(Why doesn't the time stamp work? It's 2:42 in the video.)

What a difference... Also the ending animation is so much cooler here. I wonder if they scrapped that also or if there are severel of those in ther game and it is still in.
Do you see the size difference of the fish and also the fact that in the older video there is a lot of movement while in the newer one the fish basically comes to noctis.

Beside the water bodies look different too, they aren't comparable because these things can vary from places to places and time to time.

Aters

I am so pumped for this game that im frustrated its not out soooooon.

There are still a few problems i have with it though that look like they wont change by release.

His sprint animation looks weird.
His sprint is short which is fine, its just when he has to pretty much STOP to recover.
His jump looks weird and awkward to me..

Thry are minor really, so its alright. Just its been 10 years, want this game to be so perfect.

Sometimes I have to wonder if jump is a mistake. Like, I can't remember a single 3D game that does jump right. I was playing YsVIII recently and all the movements are smooth except jump, which looks like the guy has a rocket under his feet. I guess that's because in real life people don't jump (or at least people only jump forward, not upward). If there's a rock in front me, I vault over it, I don't jump onto it.

Koozek

Guys, Tabata did it. FFXV is after all releasing before TLG!
1GBEOuL.png

Tyaren

If Pro version will look like that I will have to sell my kidney.

I can't wait to see what Altissia looks like on the Pro version. I'm hoping for way better looking water/more waterfalls added in.

What are the chances for a special edition PS4 Pro/Slim ?

Can't wait to see the additions made to the PS4Pro version this week

I just realized PS4 Pro version could be really good if I can select high framerates in 1080p mode!

XV redeemed.

tumblr_mkgl7yqPHv1rsh5ygo1_400.gif

That's just on one page, not even including people answering those posts with more Pro posts. x__X

Tyaren

The worst part about the Pro talk regarding this game is that the game performs so poorly on the standard consoles, the consoles this game was actually developed for and should be optimized for. They even delayed the game and among the reasons were graphical/performance issues. If the game looked great on PS4 and Xbox One and the Pro would even enhance that, awesome! :) Everyone would be happy for the guys that will be able to afford a 400$ console right off the bat for this game and want to gush about that here. But like it is, it's more like a slap in the face for everyone else. A beautiful, juicy carrot was dangled in front of our faces for years...now it turns out it isn't that beautiful and juicy after all, it's actually pretty much shrivelled. But, hey, now there's yet a again a new juicy carot! Though you would have to pay 400$ for it. :(

JBwB

In regards to the graphics of the Pro version at 1080p:

At best what most of us should be expecting is the un-downgraded footage (PC footage) they've already shown us so far.
Expecting any more than that and you may potentially be setting yourself up for disappointment.

That should be enough to satisfy most people right?

Mediking

Just wait until the Ot.."my screenshot is better nu uh my screenshot looks just as good, well you can't see the difference"
Meanwhile me:"I like how the magic is.."

I warned you guys long ago that the Pro would trigger people asking for Pro footage for everything all the time.

Famassu

The worst part about the Pro talk regarding this game is that the game performs so poorly on the standard consoles, the consoles this game was actually developed for and should be optimized for. They even delayed the game and among the reasons were graphical/performance issues. If the game looked great on PS4 and Xbox One and the Pro would even enhance that, awesome! :) Everyone would be happy for the guys that will be able to afford a 400$ console right off the bat for this game and want to gush about that here. But like it is, it's more like a slap in the face for everyone else. A beautiful, juicy carrot was dangled in front of our faces for years...now it turns out it isn't that beautiful and juicy after all, it's actually pretty much shrivelled. But, hey, now there's yet a again a new juicy carot! Though you would have to pay 400$ for it. :(
It doesn't perform "poorly" at all. The E3 demo ran at an almost perfect 30fps framerate on both platforms and the material we've seen since hasn't been poor either. And while they've made some sacrifices, the game still looks good overall too (well, at least on regular PS4, a bit less so on X1).

benzy

The Pax ps4 gameplay vid looked awesome. Also not getting why there's already an assumption the game will perform poorly on base consoles. The fact that they delayed it to focus on optimizing the performance and graphics says otherwise to the doom and gloom conjecture that it will perform like crap on Ps4 and Xbone.

In regards to the graphics of the Pro version at 1080p:

At best what most of us should be expecting is the un-downgraded footage (PC footage) they've already shown us so far.
Expecting any more than that and you may potentially be setting yourself up for disappointment.

That should be enough to satisfy most people right?

This would make me happy, and if this is what we hear at tgs I will order myself a pro!

Mediking

Compare the situation to somebody has a better car than you. Do you really care? As long as YOUR car works and doesn't have any problems... you'll be fine. I won't be buying a Pro quickly or around launch day but I will eventually get it. Until then... I'll happily enjoy my PS4.

Compare the situation to somebody has a better car than you. Do you really care? As long as YOUR car works and doesn't have any problems... you'll be fine. I won't be buying a Pro quickly or around launch day but I will eventually get it. Until then... I'll happily enjoy my PS4.
What if your car takes off in sales and mechanics start half assing the repairs on my car because it's has less horse power and an older model

Skilletor

This is a total placebo effect on people who think like this.

A better version existing has no impact on your purchase other than your own perception that somehow your experience will be worse. Even though it is going to be the same on the hardware you own, then same as now.

What if your car takes off in sales and mechanics start half assing the repairs on my car because it's has less horse power and an older model

People going to start saying devs are half-assing these console games on vanilla consoles when the last 3-4 years of the previous generation were a whole bunch of games with garbage performance.

MogCakes

I am a terrible judge of graphics but if XV can give me the sense of immersion and life that XII's cities did then the game could look like it was developed on the PS2 for all I care.

HeelPower

I am a terrible judge of graphics but if XV can give me the sense of immersion and life that XII's cities did then the game could look like it was developed on the PS2 for all I care.

Well,FFXII was at the absolute peak of what the PS2 could do at the time.

It was really unmatched in terms of detail x scope.

Top Bottom