• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Omen Trailer

~Cross~

.....I want to watch, but if it spoils I don't

Why do you do this to me

Theres absolutely nothing in it that can spoil unless you start to heavily infer what the all the allusions might be about.

I think the only thing concrete that the trailer is alluding to is that
Noctis actions lead to the death of Luna and the fall of the world
but its also giving really heavy vives that we are seeing is not the world we play through. I think this game might be closer to FF1 that we give it credit
That noctis and the world we see in the video might be a re-imaging of Garland/Chaos.

Soriku

it was so tight, but I feel bad they felt like they had to show noctis using an assault rifle in a North American trailer.

Like, not all of us like guns like that.
I like swords betta.... :c

He was using his swords and spear the entire rest of the time. He lost his ablities so had to improvise.

Byvar

So basically, Regis fears
Noctis isn't a normal person but rather a Sephiroth clone. He fears that, when Noctis departs, Noctis will often have mental breakdowns (we saw this already, he gets one in Lestallum as well as near Titan) and finally try to kill Aerith Luna against his will.

Regis has played too much Final Fantasy VII.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I usually don't care for CG trailers but that one was pretty damn awesome. Also this confirms we get a dog to travel with noctis right?

Mediking

The over the top car crash... Noctis turning into the ultimate weapons guy.... his nipple flashing... the part with Luna....

bunkitz

What the fuuuck.

Kept thinking "Please don't let Luna die." throughout the whole damn thing. Then wham! NOCTIS KILLS HER???

I get that it's an omen Regis is trying to prevent, though, but still.

What the fucking fuck, guys.

Also, that Mild Nudity was not what I expected it was for.

Soriku

Theres absolutely nothing in it that can spoil unless you start to heavily infer what the all the allusions might be about.

I think the only thing concrete that the trailer is alluding to is that
Noctis actions lead to the death of Luna and the fall of the world
but its also giving really heavy vives that we are seeing is not the world we play through. I think this game might be closer to FF1 that we give it credit
That noctis and the world we see in the video might be a re-imaging of Garland/Chaos.

Knowing how these stories work, the Omen will happen at the end of the game but there will be a way to subvert it. Maybe or maybe not with Luna surviving.

Mediking

So basically, Regis fears
Noctis isn't a normal person but rather a Sephiroth clone. He fears that, when Noctis departs, Noctis will often have mental breakdowns (we saw this already, he gets one in Lestallum as well as near Titan) and finally try to kill Aerith Luna against his will.

Regis has played too much Final Fantasy VII.

And the thread is over.

JSevere

I like how one of the final trailers we get for FFXV is a CG concept video. We've come full circle.

Really cool though!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't get it.

Its as trippy as a KH opening, but atleast those have some context.

Nice visuals obviously, but...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably the omen seen by Regis or Luna. And Noctis is alone in all of them. Hence that's why Regis sends the 3 friends to go with him. Also, the part of the chosen one is probably Luna and Noctis talking as kids.

Just wondering what Regis' conversation means.

That was an extremely powerful trailer full of intrigue. They did well with this one, despite the fact that it doesn't look very "Japanese".

Ray Down

Banned
Knowing how these stories work, the Omen will happen at the end of the game but there will be a way to subvert it. Maybe or maybe not with Luna surviving.

Well 2 of the 4 chan leakers did debate based on what they say weather she dies or not.

saher

Banned
So this trailer basically shows the absolute worst case scenario for the future?
Yeah it looks like it, probably in the real game noctis will fight the gods or whatever to prevent it from happening

artsi

LjVcW3d.png

lol this too

"New project launch - Jobs offered - Business Division 2"

People really shouldn't avoid watching this trailer because of "spoilers". If anything this trailer made me more excited for the game's story.

Arex

Press X to
kill Luna
?

I really hope that's just a nightmare or vision and not what's gonna happen in the game (well, they're not gonna spoil the end game before the game even launches, right? imagine the reaction lol)

Soriku

I don't get it.

Its as trippy as a KH opening, but atleast those have some context.

Nice visuals obviously, but...

We don't know the full story yet...

If you watched the opening of the first KH game with zero context you would have no idea what's going on either. Or how about those secret endings.

Z3M0G

You really need to read the details added to the OP after watching it, otherwise you just think "WTF was what"

This game solidifies my choice to buy this game over Worlds or DQ Builders. I'm still not sure about the gameplay systems in this game, but the story potential has my attention.

Still waiting on reviews though... if they say collectively that the story is shit, I may not get it right away.

UrbanRats

Confused more than anything.
Some of the imagery was cool, the blatant sexy fan service was funny.
After this and Kingsglaive though, i wish they would ease up the crazy camera movements.

Top Bottom