• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

just beat it. what a wild ride. honestly, as a final fantasy I hate it, but as a 3D action RPG it was pretty good. Listening to the old tunes in the car brought me back to just how good the old ones were and probably just sold me on FF9 on steam. Gunna do some questing in the open world now, but a little pissed because my game just crashed and I lost a lot of side quest progress. urgh

Really? Where did you hit.

What I did was hit his foot over and over. It's the easiest but takes around 2 hours.

Stocked up on cures and emptied on potion and hi-potions in the end.

Always use Noctis' Armiger as soon as you can do and Gladiolus' Impulse for massive damage.

Tried his eye, face, and his foot. I think my game just bugged.

ZeroX03

Banned
For Adamantoise you can do the fight in 20 minutes, not two hours.

Also found you have to tap to attack, his weird lock on and hitbox means only Noct can attack, and no hold to auto.

Gorillaz

wha is the average level people felt "good" enough about venturing out at night? like the level you felt like you would hold your own regardless?

ZeroX03

Banned
wha is the average level people felt "good" enough about venturing out at night? like the level you felt like you would hold your own regardless?

Level 30 is where the game takes the night time training wheels off and lets you drive (and fast travel!) at night. Also the level of the first daemons.

But you should be able to blink out of combat zones at any level before you die so whenever is fine really.

Gorillaz

so what yall saying is, me being level 22 I should just avoid the L waiting for me now?

I walked through the night one time thinking it was ok until this big ass dude and 3 fireballs with faces jumped me

literaly sucked me in with some dark gravity shit

no mas

Mailbox

Around 30-35 should be okay...
Just make sure to run from red giants.
Because even at level 60, 2 of the in packs can still be a feat :/

ZeroX03

Banned
so what yall saying is, me being level 22 I should just avoid the L waiting for me now?

I walked through the night one time thinking it was ok until this big ass dude and 3 fireballs with faces jumped me

no mas

Just start hitting triangle and you'll blink out of the zone before they even start attacking. The game is pretty strict about the red circle on the minimap, once you're out you're fine.

Although you should have Chocobos before doing any sidequesting anyway for the same result. Just run away.

no mas

Yo mama Neva told you scary shit happens at night?

Mailbox

Oh ok..
it just made me want to kill the son of a bitch even more. I think that speaks to more his character then hers.

I mean the scene literally plays out as
Ardyn having satisfaction, wanting to see the faces of the people he has fucked over, only to then have Luna try to cleanse him out of care. This is basically a failure for him, hence frustration and in the moment slaps her since she is no longer "below" him

It definitely speaks much more to his character than her's

Hmm, just past the start of Ch2. Feels alright so far - Text is small as hell on my TV from my normal sitting position though. Have to sit on the floor and be closer to read things right.

Though the game does feel like a bit of a low-rent Witcher 3 clone at times.

Anybody got any tips on how to kill the "Custard" enemy? This level 72 dungeon is running my magic dry since they're invulnerable to all damage besides magic.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think I just got glitched out of getting the royal weapon at the Caslemark Tower. fml.

Happened to me. Exit and go back from the start. Most enemies won't respawn except for a few in the final push puzzle bit.

Then my game glitched again, and I got the cutscenes and the boss respawned but I couldn't attack it so I just had to stand there until I could summon.

Elios83

Guys I have a question about the Costlemark tower dungeon....I have a 50 level party and I don't know if I'm doing it right....
you have to push the cubes until you arrive to the big room with an iron giant and fight it, then I go up and I can go through an other set of cubes just to end up in the same room with two giants :D
I gave up because I had no more magic to deal with those :/
Tell me is there a way to avoid these battles and get to the dragon battle quickly?
I want to finish this dungeon to get my last weapon.

Rean

Just got the Platinum.
Whoever thought Adamantoise was a good enough fight to put in the game is sorely mistaken, unless there's a proper way to kill it. I just spent an hour warp striking his eye for 9999 damage and the camera was atrocious. The rest of the party can barely do any damage to it either so I had to rely on self buffs and items to kill him as fast as I could. I was also under the impression that all the side quest people you have meet up at the diner was assist in the fight in some way, instead of just giving you an item and leaving.

Caim

Just got the Platinum.
Whoever thought Adamantoise was a good enough fight to put in the game is sorely mistaken, unless there's a proper way to kill it. I just spent an hour warp striking his eye for 9999 damage and the camera was atrocious. The rest of the party can barely do any damage to it either so I had to rely on self buffs and items to kill him as fast as I could. I was also under the impression that all the side quest people you have meet up at the diner was assist in the fight in some way, instead of just giving you an item and leaving.

I just
attacked his foot for like 30 minutes. It's also his weak spot.

I'm level 20 in chapter 3 currently and I can beat the Iron Giant no problem. His cousin with the fire sword is another story. I just venture out at night anyways and if i encounter Flame Swordy (which is rare) I Nope the fuck out. Otherwise it's all good.

I can't beat the final boss. I have no items and few spells.

Just be very conservative with your attacks. Hit him and hold the dodge button and wait for him to attack, when you see him pull out his magic balls warp out of there, rinse and repeat. When you get to the second part of the fight just attack and move attack and move.

Mik317

still enjoying it ...like a lot..but yeah the story beat are very poorly told. Like I saw the Jared meme in here and it STILL didn't hit like intended.

Probably is more frustrating that these same story beats could have been amazing if given time....which is a theme in terms of this games problems. More time ironically was needed lol.

again still loving it tho.

also clicked a spoiler that spoils a big thing...but one I expected. Be safe

Surprised me how much I grew to care about the bros. Iggy is one of my favorite FF characters now. Can't wait for all the dlc episodes about each one.

Yeah, they've grown on me a lot. I think their voice acting is quite good too, really helps when shit starts hitting the fan.

All that road tripping laid a nice character groundwork
cold canned rations in Ch. 10 :-(
If only the overarching plot had been delivered with the same care.

jiggle

I mean the scene literally plays out as
Ardyn having satisfaction, wanting to see the faces of the people he has fucked over, only to then have Luna try to cleanse him out of care. This is basically a failure for him, hence frustration and in the moment slaps her since she is no longer "below" him

It definitely speaks much more to his character than her's
either that or it was to trigger super saiyan noctis
They degraded her for the benefit of those characters' development
Very unnecessary and gross

And it's not like this is the only questionable thing to come out of this women hating team

I know it's still pretty early but I personally can't wait for this forced Jared meme to die.

Talk about backseat fishing.
It's a very valid question to ask though

the driving has low-key reminded me how good the IV soundtrack is. maybe it is time to replay that one.
I found a new appreciation for ffxii's
Dungeons are all the more better with it on

Spend AP on the magic tree, especially the nodes offering more absorption from magic deposits. Equip Noctis with magic raising gear and weapons that increase with magic (for example, use royal weapons that use Magic as the main parameter such as the staff or crossbow). A good crossbar setup should be: 2 weapons (1 elemental energy absorber/ 1 Royal arms) + 2 spells of your choosing. You can also go 1 weapon and 3 spells if you want to go nuts!

Decent advice. Magic is so OP in this game to the point of making combat almost trivial. I prefer to run with 2 usable weapons, 1 stat boosting royal arms, and 1 spell, but I could easily see taking 2 spells instead of 2 usable weapons.

Decent advice. Magic is so OP in this game to the point of making combat almost trivial. I prefer to run with 2 usable weapons, 1 stat boosting royal arms, and 1 spell, but I could easily see taking 2 spells instead of 2 usable weapons.

Best I can tell, there is never any reason to have two magic spells equipped, as they share the same cooldown. You'd get better mileage out of equipping another Royal Arm for the stats, or another useful weapon.

Just hit chapter 3, about 11 hours of playtime, possibly more.
I really really really love this game so far :)

Apart from a few hairy hard resets and one instance where Noct froze in a spot and I couldn't do anything to resolve it (had to reboot) the game is like a dream!

I must be in the minority but I actually enjoy how Noct and his gang find out about the world's events through the radio etc, there are so many nice, small touches that I can see a lot of care has gone into creating the game, despite the rumoured cut content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom