• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV tech demo presentation by Tabata (Demo gameplay details added)

Da1f0g6.jpg

OH MY GODDDD

HeelPower

Cruel management took his deserved moment from him.

At least I'll never forget that his dedication is probably the reason this thing got so far and didn't cancelled years ago.

The things he promised years ago are finally coming to life.

In my mind it'll always be his game.

Yasae

Banned
Based on how deliberate the animations and dodges look and the fact that the combat features team work as well as instantaneous warping over massive distances.
Basically. It looks something like how people might move instead of hyper-over-stylized.

orochi91

Why on earth would square put Dargon Quest on anything but mobile?

The devs said a while back they wanted the next mainline DQ to be on a console again.
It was sometime back, can't remember when. Since DQ: Heroes is on PS4, it's safe to
assume that DQ11 will also be coming to the console.

Jashobeam

And to think just a week ago this game didn't even exist any more in a lot of people's minds including mine. I'm a believer now, all hail Nomura!

Famassu

Based on what, exactly?
Based on that it looks great on a multitude of levels. Noctis has access to several weapons at any given time, giving some freedom & depth to the system, the enemies are aggressive and dodging them seems important, it seems so smooth, there are all kinds of awesome looking coop moves, spells look amazing, enemy size & variety should be decent, going from tiny goblins to behemoths and even bigger, there seems to be decent weight to your attacks so you need to be deliberate with your attacks if you don't want to be wrecked by the behemoth, zeroshift will be fun etc. etc.

Idk, it looks like it still needs a lot of work. Thankfully, there's still more than plenty of time before the game comes out.

And if the demo is playable now why do we have to wait an entire year to play it? Especially since the game will be likely to improve by the time we get it? Are they really that desperate for Type 0 to sell? Do they need the money to fund XV? This is so confusing.

And to think we went into TGS thinking this game would be nowhere. Now we have a new trailer all in game and a played demo too. I was laughed at when I said I thought there would be a playable FFXV at TGS lol.

All my dreams are coming true. Now just need Dark Cloud 3 or an HD collection and I'll be all set in life.

It does pain me to see the final fantasy series has basically gone full action combat now though. So painful to see. So .... Wrong

The Behemoth battle does seem to have a different format then what was seen in the other trailer though. I see what looks like menus but can't tell

Slowdive

Banned
Idk, it looks like it still needs a lot of work. Thankfully, there's still more than plenty of time before the game comes out.

And if the demo is playable now why do we have to wait an entire year to play it? Especially since the game will be likely to improve by the time we get it? Are they really that desperate for Type 0 to sell? Do they need the money to fund XV? This is so confusing.

They said in the stream they're trying to release the demo the same day as Type-0, believe.

Falk

that puzzling face

This isn't the demo demo. Topic is a little misleading in that regard.

sappyday

Yes. Don't forget demos of the older games were packaged into other games as well.

Yasae

Banned
They are probably use motion capture with Martial artists.

The Witcher 3 is doing that for Geralt of Rivia as well.
Yes, I guess expanding upon what there was in two (TW2 actually is a pretty good example of a game that, at release, could sometimes be unresponsive and have a lot of nice looking but cumbersome animation twirling).

I've come to terms with TW3 combat; it's very slam bang.

the've been showing the seamless dual attacks sense e3 13... why is it now u guys are noticing it?

Because now the game is real

Or atleast I'm allowing myself to believe again.

Didn't dissect the edited trailers before. Seeing it run real time allows every action to stand out

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

The demo comes out in march, not a year.

Yes, because they want the userbases to grow. Tabata has admitted that Type-HD is exclusive to current gen consoles in an effort to help grow the userbases for them.

HeelPower

Yes, I guess expanding upon what there was in two (TW2 actually is a pretty good example of a game that, at release, could sometimes be unresponsive and have a lot of nice looking but cumbersome animation twirling).

I've come to terms with TW3 combat; it's very slam bang.

To be fair I haven't seen more of TW3.

On media backout.I was satisfied after I saw the Griffin fight ,and I am sure it looks even better now.

Top Bottom