• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Dsyndrome

More rules than I've seen in most OT's... don't disagree with any of them. Waiting for my Best Buy SE to ship, kept pretty oblivious to everything about the game except the well-publicized omissions, as long as the game doesn't suffer I'm fine.

Will randomly pick which path I go down, I'm guessing whichever family/clan is on the darkest side of the main pic.

Renewed

Season Pass, you don't get them all right away.

Yup. The Map Pack 1 applies to all the currently planned maps releasing until April. Anything after that could fit into a feasible Map Pack 2 (dunno how that's going, I never heard of any progress on new DLC for FEif).

Xenoflare

Yup. The Map Pack 1 applies to all the currently planned maps releasing until April. Anything after that could fit into a feasible Map Pack 2 (dunno how that's going, I never heard of any progress on new DLC for FEif).

Oh :(

And here I thought that we are actually getting something new.

yami4ct

Amazon shipped my SE today. Cannot wait to dig into this. Finishing up Digimon Story just in time.

Sadly, Amazon shipped via USPS. I suspect that means I'll get a bubble mailer and it's quite possible to miss release day deliver in my experience with them. Hope it works out. Happy I'm not super picky with my box, though. As long as it's in reasonably good shape, I'll be happy.

This is my first time participating in an OT! Really excited!

This also is a great excuse to not do homework and instead plan out my runs for Friday >.>

Not sure if Gamestop will deliver on release day but I dont mind waiting a few days. I just need the SE to arrive without any issues.

fernoca

So he's Niles over here! <3

In any case, I'm going Revelations first. It is the opposite of what is recommended but I know how I play. XD

Moonlight

Banned
Wow, the versions sound more convoluted than I thought.
It's pretty simple. Two versions, two sides of a story, two different full-length campaigns. The third DLC converges for a full-length 'true route'. In total the game will cost you 80 bucks if you're American, and a hundred if you're Canadian.

cj_iwakura

It's pretty simple. Two versions, two sides of a story, two different full-length campaigns. The third DLC converges for a full-length 'true route'. In total the game will cost you 80 bucks if you're American, and a hundred if you're Canadian.

I mean the branching thing where they combine, I figured they were totally stand alone.

yami4ct

Wow, the versions sound more convoluted than I thought.

It boils down to this:

There are 2 completely separate games. One is easier and Awakening style, the other is harder like classic FE.
You can get the other version as cheaper DLC.
A 3rd campaign that explores a neutral path will be made available later for the same price as the version DLCs.

It's a bit convoluted, but Nintendo's marketing really did it a disservice and made it seem worse than it was. The Japanese way it was sold on the eShop was kind of crazy.

I mean the branching thing where they combine, I figured they were totally stand alone.

They don't combine at all. They share a short tutorial intro and that's it. Completely separate from there. Revelation explores a neutral path, but it's less of the routes combining and more of a 3rd stand-alone campaign.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I will be postponing getting this and living vicariously through a friend who pre-ordered the limited edition. Need to put a bigger dent in my backlog first. That thing is just...ugh...

KingClown

Oh man, this OT is great! Love everything about it, especially those character descriptions!

I'm absolutely stoked for this game, can't wait to pick up my SE on Friday. Really glad that we're basically getting 3 full length games to go through.

As Fire Emblem Awakening was the my first SRPG let alone Fire Emblem game, I can't say I'm an OG fan, but I really enjoyed my time with it (and yes, that includes the story, which was enjoyable and serviceable for me if not a little silly) and I'm looking forward to diving into another one. Because of that, I'm gonna start with Birthright to ease into the genre again before moving onto Conquest and then Revelation. Also want to get the taste of being a traitorus Hoshido dirtbag out of mouth sooner rather than later. Kidding, of course, though I actually am a bit more interested in the Nohr path than I am the Hoshido path and from what I've seen so far, I also find the Nohr Royal family more likeable than the Hoshido royal family. So by going through Birthright first, which I'm sure I'll enjoy as well, I can have my experience escalate instead of dip ever so slightly.

All in all, I think I'm gonna have a fun weekend!

FSLink

Banned
Didn't get to finish my import copy of this, so I'll be rocking the Special Edition in between matches of SFV. Can't wait.

I got a question,

Say, I DL one game from the eShop and then later I start the other via Cart.
Is this a good plan or should I do either:

A. Get Cart and THEN DL the other campaign.
B. Get both on carts, then DL 3th Campaign. - WORST DECISION
C. Get both as Digital DLs, Same with 3th campaign.

What are the pro/cons of this?

EDIT: Seems like I am getting then everything as digital DLs! I prefer it that as with carts TBH... Thanks everyone!!!

Just curious, not looking to start anything or whine about censorship or anything, but what all are the changes from the Japanese version that we know of? I know the face... Touching... Thing... Was made more limited, which alright, but I think there was some implication at one point that bonus outfits were removed/had different unlock methods? Does anyone know about that?

RIP in peace, waifu talk

can't flood this thread like I did Awakening's OT1 and 2 ;_;

Oh those were the days :)

also chet rippo post if you're still alive

I'm so ready for this. Awakening OT was a lot of fun way back.
LL92FJv.png

gGgy55v.png

I got a question,

B. Get both on carts, then DL 3th Campaign.

You want to get *one* full game, either digital or retail, and then download the other campaign as DLC. Cheaper, and you get some bonus classes it seems.

Shun

I got a question,

I haven't tested as I own the Japanese Special Edition but you are better off with either getting one cartridge of preference first or going full digital.

You do not get any benefit for owning 2 cartridges other than for collection purposes.

The second and third routes take not much space at all in the SD as it recycles most of it's assets from the base game.

Just curious, not looking to start anything or whine about censorship or anything, but what all are the changes from the Japanese version that we know of? I know the face... Touching... Thing... Was made more limited, which alright, but I think there was some implication at one point that bonus outfits were removed/had different unlock methods? Does anyone know about that?

I am not completely sure, other members have been following the Western changes more heavily than I have. I'm still stuck in import land and import terms.

Accessories are unlocked based on your shop level in My Castle. I have no idea what the changes are in English, but you get 2 aquatic wear with a Lv. 1 Accessory shop, a Purple Speedo/Bikini and a Bath Towel. Other outfits unlock as you upgrade the shop. At least in the Japanese version.

You also have access to a ninja face mask, a fox mask, floral pins, shields, armor. a ton of stuff to accessorize your character with so there is a lot of variety. It shouldn't detract from your experience too much and if it becomes too much for you, your alternative would be to play the Japanese version or patch the game.

CYClWOYVAAAOQWg.jpg

One of the things you can do with the characters with your accessories.

I got a question,

you don't want to have it separated, so get the other 2 routes as dlc

yami4ct

I got a question,

B is the only one with real Cons. Buying extra versions as DLC gives you extra save slots that you can use wherever (IE Owning all 3 campaigns through a full version and 2 DLCs lets you have 9 slots). You also get certain bonus items like some broken Class Change stuff. They only advantage B has is you have both versions physical. A and C are identical in every way other than physical vs digital.

GSR

I got a question,

There are a few bonuses for finishing a campaign that you can carry over into other routes, as well as bonuses just for having all routes unlocked.

So what you want to do is either:
  • Purchase one physical cart, and then buy the other two routes as in-game DLC
  • Purchase one digital version, and then buy the other two routes as DLC
This will also save you money, since purchasing the routes as DLC is a $20 discount.

EDIT: Holy cow, beaten up and down.

Anyway, looks like I still won't have finished my JP copy of Conquest before the English release. Go me!

Leezard

I haven't been keeping up with this game. Does anyone know if there is any sort of launch date revealed for EU yet?

I checked where I use to buy games but it was just TBD there.

Anyway, looks like I still won't have finished my JP copy of Conquest before the English release. Go me!

heh at least your progress is much further than me...
i can already hear theprodigy laughing at me
I haven't been keeping up with this game. Does anyone know if there is any sort of launch date revealed for EU yet?

I checked where I use to buy games but it was just TBD there.

no date yet

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Going Birthright first, because Fire Emblem with ninjas and samurais seems cool as hell. Also, that game has seemingly superior sisters.

Thread inspired me to finish planning my pairings and would be interested in feedback. I'd like to do this on Lunatic, for context, so I'm wondering if this is too many pairs and if there's any pairings I should switch around.

Corrin/Hana (bias, I will probably go for a a Defense perk since she'll be giving Str/Spd bonuses)
Silas/Azura (Silas gets the speed and Azura gets mobility)
Kaze/Oboro (Oboro gives some bulk to Kaze and they're both just solid combat units)
Ryouma/Kagerou (wasn't sure if Ryouma really needed anything so this pick was kind of random)
Hinoka/Hinata (Hoping for Hinata boosting Hinoka's offense and Hinoka giving Hinata mobility)
Takumi/Setsuna there didn't seem to be all that many useful girls left, so this would probably be a hard support since Takumi will just be Setsuna but better)
Sakura/Tsubaki (seemed functional and I think Tsubaki will appreciate the speed)

All classes will probably be standard FE promotions, except maybe Sakura to Shrine Maiden because I really like their animations and I doubt she'll be seeing much combat anyways.

Top Bottom