• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Thread inspired me to finish planning my pairings and would be interested in feedback. I'd like to do this on Lunatic, for context, so I'm wondering if this is too many pairs and if there's any pairings I should switch around.

Corrin/Hana (bias, I will probably go for a a Defense perk since she'll be giving Str/Spd bonuses)
Silas/Azura (Silas gets the speed and Azura gets mobility)
Kaze/Oboro (Oboro gives some bulk to Kaze and they're both just solid combat units)
Ryouma/Kagerou (wasn't sure if Ryouma really needed anything so this pick was kind of random)
Hinoka/Hinata (Hoping for Hinata boosting Hinoka's offense and Hinoka giving Hinata mobility)
Takumi/Setsuna (their didn't seem to be all that many useful girls left, so this would probably be a hard support since Takumi will just be Setsuna but better)
Sakura/Tsubaki (seemed functional and I think Tsubaki will appreciate the speed)

All classes will probably be standard FE promotions, except maybe Sakura to Shrine Maiden because I really like their animations and I doubt she'll be seeing much combat anyways.

I would put someone else on Takumi and Azura is best left unpaired but otherwise it's fine. For a random pick, Kaegerou is Ryouma's best pairing, which is amusing.

After my tepid feelings towards FE:A, against my better judgement I ended up ordering Birthright with the intention to play Conquest right after. Maybe this is my last FE rodeo.

pahamrick

Can't wait until this unlocks on the eshop. Got Birthright pre-ordered and pre-loaded, and have enough money left in my eshop wallet for Conquest, Revelations and Map Pack 1.

Was going to do my 4th Awakening run to get in the swing of things, but decided against it. Can always go back to Awakening later.

CorvoSol

I wish I did not have to make a warning section, but I will for the sake of the OT. This is not a thread to whine or complain about why you aren't getting the game. This thread is not a place to complain about the support features of the game or censorship or how embarrassing it is. If you REALLY want to discuss that, there are at least 10 unnecessary threads all centered around complaining. Open criticism is fair game but this is not a place to whine about how much you hope this game bombs. Please don't flood the thread with fantasies about your waifu. It can be annoying to people who want to actually discuss the game.

I wish I did not have to make a warning section, but I will for the sake of the OT. It is not SMT x FE anymore, now it is Atlus x Fire Emblem. The topic title was to help people notice and understand which game this is. This thread is not a place to complain about the idol aesthetic of the game or censorship or how embarrassing it is. It is not a place to whine about why this isn’t what they expected from Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. This is not a place to whine about how much you think this game is bad and won’t sell. This is not a place to say waifu or act as if this game is waifu game whatever that means. This is to avoid getting the thread off topic or locked and ruining discussion for the other members who want to enjoy and discuss the game.

Keep this thread on track, this is your first and only warning and we would like to keep discussion and impressions as objective as possible for those who are interested or looking forward to the game.

Evidently don't wish you had to make warning sections, given that you keep doing it, and that you bait people with thread titles like this. It's one thing to expect me to not make 'waifu' jokes about a video game. It's another thing entirely to make titles like that and then adamantly insist I not.

Wingus

Got FE: Conquest preloaded on my US 3DS and ready to go on Friday :D

Then it's Bravely Second next week. Lots of handheld fun from here on out.

Awwwwwww yeaaaaah.

Can't wait to start playing this. I'm looking forward to my SE. Incidentally, this will be the first Fire Emblem game that I'll be playing as soon as it comes out, so I'll get to enjoy the ride with you guys!

Nice OT!

Does anything carry over after beating one version to the next?

Also, the bonuses that come with downloading multiple versions of the game, are they in the special edition? And do the versions of the special edition "work together" in any way.

So I have the SE pre-ordered. Does it come with a way to inject it directly into my veins?

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. I think DS II was the last one for me. Fire Emblem (7) was one of my first games growing up, and I have bought every one except for PoR since playing that first one.

I have the special edition preordered already but I think I'm gonna just give in and just get conquest on the eshop tomorrow to get an early start. I need to finish my awakening DLC ASAP now before tomorrow.

Noob question but how does leveling up stats in FE work? Sometimes when my character levels up they either get 1 stat boost or none at all the more they level up.

Noob question but how does leveling up stats in FE work? Sometimes when my character levels up they either get 1 stat boost or none at all the more they level up.
Characters have a percentage chance of leveling each stat. For instance, Silas might have a 60% HP growth and a 50% Speed growth, which means every time he levels up he has a 50% chance of his Speed stat going up by one and 60 for HP.

Seda

Each stat has a certain percentage chance to increase, and what these percentages are vary from character to character. These stats have a cap, which will be indicated when the number glows greenish (that's how it typically works anyway).

Each character has a chance for each of their stats to increase every time they level. These are called growth rates, and they are per stat. A character with high growths is more likely to get more stats when they level.

It's Random. Each character has a certain percent growth to a stat. For example say Chrom has a 50% strength growth, that means theirs a 50% chance that he'll get a point in strength. Other stats have different percentage, so it a bit of luck some times. Also once you cap a stat, you won't get anymore (it's usually green highlighted)

I think you are just getting really unlucky. It happens a lot

Characters have a percentage chance of leveling each stat. For instance, Silas might have a 60% HP growth and a 50% Speed growth, which means every time he levels up he has a 50% chance of his Speed stat going up by one and 60 for HP.

Ah that makes a lot more sense now, I was wondering why Gregor was not leveling up his resistance at all in awakening and it turns out it's because it's at 15% lol

Muzy72

Banned
Nice OT!

My hype has been strong for this game, so I made a thing that I imagine others here may appreciate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FqGqiW4usI

It's the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U arrangement of Lost in Thoughts All Alone combined with the original vocal version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone from Fire Emblem Fates. I prefer the Smash Bros. arrangement, but I love the vocals in the original, so I made a hybrid version of both!

I tried to isolate the vocals from the original song, but I wasn't able to, so this is basically just the two songs playing together, with the vocal version sped up a bit to be in sync. If anyone can make a better attempt than mine, I'd love to hear it!
Wow, great job with the hybrid version! Really appreciate it~

So what's the recommended order to play? Conquest interests me more, but Birthright -> Conquest seems like a more sensible difficulty curve.

Hazmat

Aww, the old thread title was awesomely fucked up. Oh well, the new one is still pretty good.

Anyway, my SE just shipped from Amazon, it'll be here after work on Friday. Woo!

Seda

Evidently don't wish you had to make warning sections, given that you keep doing it, and that you bait people with thread titles like this. It's one thing to expect me to not make 'waifu' jokes about a video game. It's another thing entirely to make titles like that and then adamantly insist I not.

I don't know about the other threads Shun's made, but the Awakening OT devolved into a total mess back then, and several in the Fire Emblem community are at least /trying/ to avoid a repeat of that.

As for the title, I wasn't a fan either and your point is good. Here's something hopefully more suitable. (I didn't come up with it, hah).

Top Bottom