• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Boo, I prefered the first OT title.

Incest joke right out the gate.

Sure, sure, waifu emblem, whatever. Could be a mite off-putting.

I mean, this is a game where you can have sex with a wide variety of family members. I don't think that's something we should avoid talking about, necessarily. It's funny.

Hikami

Man, I wasn't planning on buying this since I already played the Japanese versions but.. I finished Digimon and don't have anything else to play so, why not.

Haven't heard any of the the dub voices besides Kamui's, hope they're good. Oboro especially since I liked her design but her Japanese voice was the worst.

Kenai

Boo, I prefered the first OT title.

I mean, this is a game where you can have sex with a wide variety of family members. I don't think that's something we should avoid talking about, necessarily. It's funny.

The problem is that is all people would talk about, and it would drown out a lot of discussion about anything else. I still remember when that super long 15-20 min Treehouse vid that revealed like a third of the features/characters/classes in the OP, and what happened? The thread was all about the 30 seconds of face touching. As a longtime FE fan who wanted to talk about everything i just saw, It was exasperating (and pathetic). People who were never gonna buy the game feigned total disgust, or made their hot/not list, ect.

This is fine. The OP is right, there's plenty of other threads for it.

Chrom

Hello everyone. Thank you for your interest in the new Fire Emblem.

Don't forget to experience the Before Awakening map DLC, which is free for all to download starting this Friday! You won't regret it.

Don't forget to experience the Before Awakening map DLC, which is free for all to download starting this Friday! You won't regret it.
Is this the one about Owain, Severa, and Inigo?

Soulflarz

Banned

cant tell if playing the part to the username or pr

random25

C'mon what happened to the great OT title awhile ago? Geez...

Tried visiting my local shop earlier. No street date broken for now. Wish I can play it right now.

Tell us more!

Do you get them as playable units or do you just fight them?

MrPanic

Nice OT. The king and queen's description amused me way more than it should've. Takumi's description is ruthless though.

I hope you guys will have fun with this game. I'll just sit here waiting till they finally give a european releasedate...
uWEYk9T.png

Chrom

Do you get them as playable units or do you just fight them?

Neither, really. I believe the characters you are referring to (Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick) only serve as NPC allies for the map. You can't recruit them to join your army, which makes sense given the scenario.

Neither, really. I believe the characters you are referring to (Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick) only serve as NPC allies for the map. You can't recruit them to join your army, which makes sense given the scenario.
*cancels pre-order*

i see, well free is free so i'll still pick it up

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is there Dual Audio?
-Signs seem to point to no. Should that deter you from purchasing, buy the game anyway and patch, or get the Japanese copy and patch it or learn Japanese.
How does one patch, and is it legal?

mugwhump

So uh are swimsuits in?

I ask because apparently the files are there and there's some text relating to them, but nobody's found a way to access them.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, Chrom is a Nintendo character, but I myself am not affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems. I'm just a guy.
rip, no fun

How does one patch, and is it legal?

Ehh, not going into details on homebrew patching since I hear it's a pain, but as for legality...grey area. It's definitely not legal, that's for sure.
It's just...no one's ever been taken to court over it, so really, it's up in the air.

Rule of thumb- if a company says stop, you stop, but otherwise, it's implied no one cares since you aren't denting their revenue.

Chrom

Any plans of amiibo reprints to go along with the release of the game? Still need Robin and Lucina.

Officially I don't think Nintendo has announced any plans, but I doubt the amiibo will be as difficult to acquire as they are now in the future. Eventually they'll have to become more common someday...maybe.

In my ideal, imaginary future scenario: If Nintendo did a 4-6 pack of FE amiibo Cards in NA/EU territories in lieu of reprinting the amiibo figures or localizing that Cipher card game (hah!), I bet a lot of people would pay around $10 (USD) or so for it. I have an unopened Lucina amiibo (not really worth anything since Amazon bent the hell out of her backing card), but none of the others.

As for this game, we'll be getting two copies on Friday, the LE for the spouse and just Birthright for me initially. I'm weirdly not excited for it, although I know it is almost here and I know we'll each play the hell out of all three games, but there is near-zero anticipation, even so close to the release.

Awakening didn't really grab either of us until we had it in hand, either. We spent six months playing it religiously, making stupid jokes about Donnel's Bucket Hair, Vaike puns, and "Invisible Kellam", etc. I hope we end up getting as attached to Fates as we did to Awakening. The family that games together stays together. ;)

That is until we choose Blood or Bond and end up in a marital spat over which is better.

In my ideal, imaginary future scenario: If Nintendo did a 4-6 pack of FE amiibo Cards in NA/EU territories in lieu of reprinting the amiibo figures or localizing that Cipher card game (hah!), I bet a lot of people would pay around $10 (USD) or so for it. I have an unopened Lucina amiibo (not really worth anything since Amazon bent the hell out of her backing card), but none of the others.

As for this game, we'll be getting two copies on Friday, the LE for the spouse and just Birthright for me initially. I'm weirdly not excited for it, although I know it is almost here and I know we'll each play the hell out of all three games, but there is near-zero anticipation, even so close to the release.

Awakening didn't really grab either of us until we had it in hand, either. We spent six months playing it religiously, making stupid jokes about Donnel's Bucket Hair, Vaike puns, and "Invisible Kellam", etc. I hope we end up getting as attached to Fates as we did to Awakening. The family that games together stays together. ;)

That is until we choose Blood or Bond and end up in a marital spat over which is better.

Nohr has Xander, so it's a hard win.

My gf and I are ready for friday. She's picking up Birthright and I'm getting Conquest. I'm excited to play Conquest and of course marry best girl Camilla. I'm happy I won't be stuck with "route the enemy" every single time, replaying Awakening got old cause of that.

TUSR

Banned
Is my sibling my birthright or my conquest, or something to that effect.

I personally didn't mind the title but yeah, the dissonance between the title and the OT rules was kind of hilarious

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Is My Sibling My Birthright Or My Conquest?

ChrisD

Loooool
Your avatar/name, man.

Going Birthright first, most likely. Though I may just have two concurrent runs, Male Birthright, Female Conquest (it seems more fitting to me since I've used FemCorrin so much in Smash that she seems she would lead a Conquest!), and then do Revelations with whichever I like better between the two.

But then I'll wish I got all of FemCorrin's Support convos in Birthright!

There is no flawless plan. ;-;

Matticers

Maybe I misread the OP but is there a difference between buying one of them physically and downloading the other two versus just downloading all three? The OP seems like the former is the way to go but I figured the latter would be the same thing. Sorry if it's a stupid question or if I missed something. This would be my entry into the series so I'd like to go with the best option. Including whatever game is best to play first.

Squire

Banned

You know, Chrom... I won't lie, you were pretty thick-headed in Awakening.

I always liked you though, still.

Shun

Maybe I misread the OP but is there a difference between buying one of them physically and downloading the other two versus just downloading all three? The OP seems like the former is the way to go but I figured the latter would be the same thing. Sorry if it's a stupid question or if I missed something. This would be my entry into the series so I'd like to go with the best option. Including whatever game is best to play first.

1. You buy a retail cartridge of Birthright or Conquest and you get the other 2 routes as a digital add on. It does not take up much space on the SD and it costs $80 for all 3.

2. You buy one copy of the game digital, and get the other two routes as an add on. Same deal and price just no need for a cart.

Just don't buy 2 carts.

Get the version you would rather play. Are you rather inexperienced with SRPGs and do not really get how to keep track of positioning and buffs, but want to grind as a safety net? Get Birthright.

If you want a challenge, but more importantly better map design and mission variety, get Conquest. You don't have grinding as a failsafe, but difficulty levels can be lowered mid game so it shouldn't be an issue.

Either version can be a good entry point, just pick which you think is more comfortable at first. Conquest is a must try eventually in my opinion. It is a lot of fun.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm thinking about ordering the Japanese Robin amiibo off Amazon. If I didn't already own the other 3 characters, I wouldn't care. Now I feel like I have to complete the collection. Amiibos!

pahamrick

I'm thinking about ordering the Japanese Robin amiibo off Amazon. If I didn't already own the other 3 characters, I wouldn't care. Now I feel like I have to complete the collection. Amiibos!

Is the content with the Amiibo unlocked characters extensive or is it just you get to use them in your party and they have a line or two to say?

Is there ANY news about the Europe release? I need it!!

I'd bet April/May for Europe, considering NA gets Bravely Second in April and it comes out this month over there.

Top Bottom