• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum)

KiraXD

looks meh
hate cell shading

Well then youre in luck! Because this isnt cell shaded!
Its cel-shaded... which is much better than cell shading... because cell shading isnt a thing...

Unless you mean this type of Cell Shading
maxresdefault.jpg

I really like these designs.
I have always loved them, I only have the Leo figure though (red headband version). I do kind of wish they had gone with these in the game, their proportions are perfect and I can imagine how awesomely they would animate.

I really have the urge to work on 3D models of these guys when I get some spare time.

Zalman

These are my favorite turtles. I think they got the look just right. Not really a fan of the new Nicktoons ones.

Well then youre in luck! Because this isnt cell shaded!
Its cel-shaded... which is much better than cell shading... because cell shading isnt a thing...

Unless you mean this type of Cell Shading
maxresdefault.jpg
Man, the art direction in DBZ games is just getting worse. The Raging Blast series had it right.

KiraXD

These are my favorite turtles. I think they got the look just right. Not really a fan of the new Nicktoons ones.

Man, the art direction in DBZ games is just getting worse. The Raging Blast series had it right.

i liked the burst limit style the best in terms of anime-looking cel-shading. kinda had that Tales of Vesperia vibe going on which is amazing... dunno what the fuck happened, but the cel-shading got worse and worse over the years...

Hopefully the turtles game has at least transformers level cel-shading going on... if its platinum... im sure have nothing to worry about.

Jito

Banned
See my edit of my above post about the difference between opinion and statements, why the latter must be grounded, and why it's important to know about the experts if you want to be taken seriously.

It's also a pet peeve of myself when people wear their ignorance like a badge. You could at least have googled Saur in the time it took to write your reply.

Anyhow, have to make dinner. Have fun, all.
For the last time, I don't care what some "expert" thinks, I thought the game wasn't great, end of. You know what I find a pet peeve, condescending people who think they know it all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Realistic lighting and "animated" style of cel-shading don't really mix together personally.

Same, easily my favorite look of the turtles.

Kouichi

03 Turtles used to be my favorite but I recently finished watching Season 2 of the 2012 Turtles and that's now my all time favorite Turtles adaption in both design and characters. Though I also recently finished the first volume of IDW Turtles and that's coming close. Need to read more first.

Thank you Platinum for getting me into a Turtles mood again <3

I actually think Ultimate Tenkaichi did personally.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The "roided" look is fine in paper, at least with a specific build

tumblr_inline_n0pgx1YXx41qd3bt3.jpg

but "realistic" look makes them look weird.

And I'd argue that the Mirage and the 80's cartoon look a tad different from each other.

Yeah, lol.

But Raphael was the "Cole Train" of the bunch. Dewrag style mask/bandana and all, lol. Straight beast.

I was pleasantly shocked though that I did not dislike the movie as much as the internet did. Especially since I grew up on them with the OG cartoons and original movies I saw in the theater, lol. Now those were straight cheese.

"GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!"

kodecraft

I have always loved them, I only have the Leo figure though (red headband version). I do kind of wish they had gone with these in the game, their proportions are perfect and I can imagine how awesomely they would animate.

I really have the urge to work on 3D models of these guys when I get some spare time.

Do it!

Yeah, lol.

But Raphael was the "Cole Train" of the bunch. Dewrag style mask/bandana and all, lol. Straight beast.

I was pleasantly shocked though that I did not dislike the movie as much as the internet did. Especially since I grew up on them with the OG cartoons and original movies I saw in the theater, lol. Now those were straight cheese.

"GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!"
I loved the flick. A bit April heavy in the front end but the action and humor were spot on. I have no idea what would have pleased fans of the 80s show who cried about their childhoods. Corny surfer lingo and lack of weapon usage?

I'm actually a bit worried the sequel won't feature the same integrity to maintain lengthy action shots that showcase the full models of the turtles within the frame with the new director. But I'm still excited.

Kaleinc

Banned

Or even a spectacle fighter player should know who Saur is.
I didn't know who this saur dude is, checked some videos on his channel and what I saw was rather meh. Considering the above I wouldn't put much trust into his opinion. Welp.

Pass me some of that good shit you smokin on my nigga

I don't see how people can act like I'm a troll when the just-lauded-in-this-very-thread Saur, the man who wrote the Goddamn strategy guide for Bayonetta, AccountingNightmare, yoshesque - some of the best players in the character action genre agree that Bayonetta 2 was disappointing.

I don't see how people can act like I'm a troll when the just-lauded-in-this-very-thread Saur, the man who wrote the Goddamn strategy guide for Bayonetta, AccountingNightmare, yoshesque - some of the best players in the character action genre agree that Bayonetta 2 was disappointing.

Its one thing to find the game disappointing. Its another entirely to consider it bad and korra good in comparision.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I loved the flick. A bit April heavy in the front end but the action and humor were spot on. I have no idea what would have pleased fans of the 80s show who cried about their childhoods. Corny surfer lingo and lack of weapon usage?

I'm actually a bit worried the sequel won't feature the same integrity to maintain lengthy action shots that showcase the full models of the turtles within the frame with the new director. But I'm still excited.

Agreed. It is like the TFA hate going around now.

I am looking forward to the sequel to see Bebop and Rocksteady. I enjoyed it, and it did have a lot of fan service in it, just as TFA did. I am going to watch it again today to pick up on things I may have missed. I felt it was the proper evolution for those who grew up on them when they were kids. More gritty and better acted/effects/stunt work. I ignore the Bay Hate Bias.

This thread got me so hyped for the feels, I watched the new movie, the original, the Turtle Power documentary, and have this on my wishlist now. Thanks GAF!

Its one thing to find the game disappointing. Its another entirely to consider it bad and korra good in comparision.

I don't like combat that gives you a win button and then uses stone cold stupid enemy mix ups because you can always use that win button as a crutch.

I do like combat that, despite its short campaign and lack of production values, is still interesting enough to invite replay value.

I'm sorry?

Peff

Is that... Nolan North? Wasn't he playing the Shredder in the trailer? Wat.

Looking pretty nice, at any rate.

Monocle

They really need to release gameplay with normal camera because the combat looks weak from what they've shown
Metal Gear Rising looked the same way for a while. The Wonderful 101 and Devastation too. It's hard to estimate the depth of the combat without a sample of regular gameplay featuring a decent player.

Top Bottom